Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dancing With the Stars

Go down 
+8
Lori
Kathleen Marie
ChristinaAL
HarrisonCrosby4387
Amy
Savannah
Rhonda
Rob
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Love-s10

Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 10:16 am

Wow, Helio was GREAT last night!!!! He's definitely my pick to go all the way!! Cheer

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 1:34 pm

Was he the one that looked like a yellow banana??? That is what one of the judges called him....ROTFL

Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Rhonda10Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 3:02 pm

Yup, that's the guy. Laughing He and Julianne are my picks to win, too.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Yep, Rhonda, that was him!Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Banane57

grinsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 4:28 pm

Amy wrote:
Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Banane57

:haha: , Amy!

And now we're back to "Day-O, Day-O, daylight come and me wanna go home."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 pm

LOL Rob! I couldn't resist a dancing banana! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 4:43 pm

Speaking of Marie Osmond, did you see all the Osmonds on Oprah last Friday? Oh man, was it a good show...yes, Donny...he looks so good and they had the entire Osmond "clan" on...they really are a great family. I'm just a bit irritated that they didn't have Donny sing from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with his loin cloth on....oh yes, the dark hair, the chest..oh wait, I just talked about that on another post ROTFL

Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 4:51 pm

I saw the Oprah show!

Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 6:44 pm

Donny and Marie's father just past away too.....how strange is it that 2 stars lost a parent during the filming of the show.....No

Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Rhonda10Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 6:47 pm

And it's strange that the two celebs who lost their parents were also the only two who were struck with physical ailments during the show - Marie's fainting spell, and Jane Seymour's food poisoning.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 6:47 pm

Rob wrote:
Yup, that's the guy. Laughing He and Julianne are my picks to win, too.

When they came out so energetic like they did, it reminded me of Jim Carrey in "The Mask" when he did that dance scene....
Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 26_22_1v

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 10:08 pm

Ah, yeah...you're right, Rhonda! He did kind of have the 'look' and flair about him!

Well, Cameron is gone...fine by me! I wasn't a fan....

although he was nice to look at. Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 12:58 pm

I was happy to see Helio and Julianne win the championship. Quite a feather in Julianne's cap - she won last year with Apolo Anton Ono.

But what am I gonna do with my Monday and Tuesday evenings now? Bring on American Idol! :sing:
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Yes, I like Helio...he was the best, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 5:24 pm

Rob wrote:
But what am I gonna do with my Monday and Tuesday evenings now?

Well, on Tuesdays, you could always watch that medical show, and have cashew fudge. batEyes

I hadn't watched any of DWTS, but a friend of mine has been watching regularly. She went on and on about some routine that Marie Osmond had done, and I thought "It couldn't be THAT bad.". So I checked on youtube and found the dance she was talking about. . . . . . Well, I've always been one who can admit when they're wrong grinsmiley . . . GOOD GRIEF. It was just bizarre. My apologies to any huge fans of Marie's. She's nice enough, but that dance? Oh my word. It would have been a clever concept if he'd have wound her up, and she'd have danced a beautiful dance with him. (And worn a different costume) But as it stood, it was just . . . . slightly creepy. Huh?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 5:44 pm

Savannah wrote:
Well, on Tuesdays, you could always watch that medical show, and have cashew fudge.

Yeah, but you can get addicted. A man has cashew fudge every Tuesday night for six months, and he can't quit just like that. No

Savannah wrote:
GOOD GRIEF. It was just bizarre. My apologies to any huge fans of Marie's. She's nice enough, but that dance? Oh my word. It would have been a clever concept if he'd have wound her up, and she'd have danced a beautiful dance with him. (And worn a different costume) But as it stood, it was just . . . . slightly creepy.

Well, Marie's strength in this competiton has always been the fact that she's an entertainer - dance-wise, she wasn't quite up there with the other two finalists. And I guess this little piece of entertainment came up a little short. OhMy
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 6:36 pm

Which dance are you talking about Savannah? It might be one that I missed, as I didn't get to catch every show.......:think:

The radio station I listen to, took a poll this morning to see what people's opinion was on the winner and there were a lot of people that thought Mel B. and Maksim should've won, but she is an entertainer as well....so I think the award went to the right person, the one who came in with no idea whatsoever how to dance.....grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 8:27 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Which dance are you talking about Savannah? It might be one that I missed, as I didn't get to catch every show.......:think:

I think it was on Monday night. The free style dance. She was in a baby doll dress, really heavy makeup and a doll style hair. I get the doll-designing reference, and it's cute to a certain extent. But it just didn't work, in my opinion. I have to add, though, that she did a good job in that she did what was choreographed. I just thought it could have been better if they'd done it slightly differently.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 8:35 pm

Rob wrote:
Well, Marie's strength in this competiton has always been the fact that she's an entertainer - dance-wise, she wasn't quite up there with the other two finalists. And I guess this little piece of entertainment came up a little short. OhMy

Laughing Yeah . . . By "danced a beautiful dance" I don't mean to come out and dance better than everyone else. The routine had her purposely dancing poorly - like she was a half wound up doll - through too much of the dance. Once she was "wound" she should have danced seriously . . . . or . . . . as seriously as one can dressed in a costume like that. :shifty:

Last edited by on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 8:37 pm

Rob wrote:
Savannah wrote:
Well, on Tuesdays, you could always watch that medical show, and have cashew fudge.

Yeah, but you can get addicted. A man has cashew fudge every Tuesday night for six months, and he can't quit just like that. No

Good point, Rob. Good point. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 11:57 am

Savannah wrote:
Rob wrote:

Laughing Yeah . . . By "danced a beautiful dance" I don't mean to come out and dance better than everyone else. The routine had her purposely dancing poorly - like she was a half wound up doll - through too much of the dance. Once she was "wound" she should have danced seriously . . . . or . . . . as seriously as one can dress in a costume like that. :shifty:

Oh, that is exactly what I thought Savannah!!! I kept thinking, WHEN is she going to dance 'normally'? It could have been a good routine...they took it way too far. Even the live audience didn't quite know what to do after it! grinsmiley LOL...I think I was sitting through the whole routine with my mouth hanging open! OhMy What really turned me off though was her attitude after...her lack of sportsmanship. I grew up watching Donny & Marie faithfully...I have always been a fan...but when she said "I'm not buying it" to Len's comments, and then yelled during the first "I liked it!! I liked it!!"...totally obnoxious and her true colors really flew out there. I'd been noticing it for the past 3 weeks...her 'antics' have been wearing thin with me. Like you, Savannah, my apologies to any Marie fans...I didn't mean to get into 'bashing mode'! :shy:

I can't resist putting this up though...remember Bruno's "Bride of Chucky" comment?!
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/news/2007/11/27/marie2.jpg

I am just thrilled that Helio won! Cheer I actually agreed with Carrie Ann for once that Helio was the perfect combination between Marie & Mel. I wouldn't have been too upset if Mel one...she's very good and I didn't exactly disliker her, just never 'warmed up' to her. But Helio had the personality that people love, and I just had a feeling that more people would vote for him. Plus, I couldnt' even get through once Monday to vote for him! I assumed that was a good sign! And Helio deserved to win...he knew his shortcomings and accepted his criticims from the judges. He knows how to take his lumps, work on them, and come back strong.

About Helio, have you all heard that his engagement is off? Of course, speculation is on him and Julianne...that, ahem, especially long kiss Monday night was a little questionable! Whistle Especially when the public audience judging was over...they did that for them, not the judging. Interesting! Gosh, they sure are cute together. I doubt this is the case...my guess is that he and his fiance' had problems long before all this. Sure does make for hot gossip though...breaking up the day after your big win and kiss to your partner?! Woo boy! Wink (Oh, not to mention their 13 year age difference...he is 32, she 19!...I swear though...she acts like she's 25! She's VERY mature and such a sweetie).

http://peoplefalltv.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/dancings-helio-castroneves-fiancee-end-engagement/all-comments/#comments

And Rob, I'm in the same boat!! What WILL I do with my Monday & Tuesday nights?! LOL!! American Idol can not come soon enough! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 1:34 pm

Amy wrote:
Savannah wrote:
Rob wrote:

Laughing Yeah . . . By "danced a beautiful dance" I don't mean to come out and dance better than everyone else. The routine had her purposely dancing poorly - like she was a half wound up doll - through too much of the dance. Once she was "wound" she should have danced seriously . . . . or . . . . as seriously as one can dress in a costume like that. :shifty:

Oh, that is exactly what I thought Savannah!!! I kept thinking, WHEN is she going to dance 'normally'? It could have been a good routine...they took it way too far. Even the live audience didn't quite know what to do after it! grinsmiley LOL...I think I was sitting through the whole routine with my mouth hanging open! OhMy What really turned me off though was her attitude after...her lack of sportsmanship. I grew up watching Donny & Marie faithfully...I have always been a fan...but when she said "I'm not buying it" to Len's comments, and then yelled during the first "I liked it!! I liked it!!"...totally obnoxious and her true colors really flew out there. I'd been noticing it for the past 3 weeks...her 'antics' have been wearing thin with me. Like you, Savannah, my apologies to any Marie fans...I didn't mean to get into 'bashing mode'! :shy:

I can't resist putting this up though...remember Bruno's "Bride of Chucky" comment?!

That bride of Chuckie remark was too funny! I mean . . . Marie is a beautiful lady . . . but the costume was just a bit creepy. :unsure:
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 4:43 pm

Amy wrote:
Savannah wrote:
Rob wrote:

I am just thrilled that Helio won! Cheer I actually agreed with Carrie Ann for once that Helio was the perfect combination between Marie & Mel. I wouldn't have been too upset if Mel one...she's very good and I didn't exactly disliker her, just never 'warmed up' to her. But Helio had the personality that people love, and I just had a feeling that more people would vote for him. Plus, I couldnt' even get through once Monday to vote for him! I assumed that was a good sign! And Helio deserved to win...he knew his shortcomings and accepted his criticims from the judges. He knows how to take his lumps, work on them, and come back strong.

About Helio, have you all heard that his engagement is off? Of course, speculation is on him and Julianne...that, ahem, especially long kiss Monday night was a little questionable! Whistle Especially when the public audience judging was over...they did that for them, not the judging. Interesting! Gosh, they sure are cute together. I doubt this is the case...my guess is that he and his fiance' had problems long before all this. Sure does make for hot gossip though...breaking up the day after your big win and kiss to your partner?! Woo boy! Wink (Oh, not to mention their 13 year age difference...he is 32, she 19!...I swear though...she acts like she's 25! She's VERY mature and such a sweetie).

http://peoplefalltv.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/dancings-helio-castroneves-fiancee-end-engagement/all-comments/#comments

And Rob, I'm in the same boat!! What WILL I do with my Monday & Tuesday nights?! LOL!! American Idol can not come soon enough! grinsmiley

Well, I didn't watch the series, but the comment about something going on between the two partners, if they are, reminds me of past couples that got togther.
Wasn't it during the first season that Kristy Swanson dance? Not sure if it was her but they ended up breaking up their partner's relationship and getting together. They even had a baby.

Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 HummerDancing With the Stars - Page 2 MistiKeeperDancing With the Stars - Page 2 Bookclub5Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 5:39 pm

Oh I know what you're talking about Misti...that was on Skating with the Stars, or SLT. It was Kristy with Lloyd Eisler and his WIFE was 8 months pregnant at the time that he split!! Good grief. No And yes, now he and Kristy have a baby together. Unreal.

I do know that there were rumors about Julianne Hough (Helio's partner) having a romance with her partner Apolo Ohno last year, but nothing ever came of it. The rumors that time were generated because Julianne called off her engagement to her fiance', during the show. Sounds like it's all just speculation. I do think they put on a ton of 'act' for the show...she admitted that they have to 'sell' their chemistry, or the audience won't be interested. She's right about that! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 5:49 pm

I guess Donny & Marie are really famous now...
I was watching Entertainment Tonight and I just laugh at how the media over exposes them like if they were some huge important people...

They say things like: (In one of those serious voices) "What happened to Marie backstage? Stay tuned after the break!"

Donny: "I have been asked to appear on the next dancing with the stars, will I do it?... Stay tuned!"

"Now... some rare footage of Donny's personal private home videos... minutes before a concert... you will NOT want to miss this!"

Oh good grief!!! LOL :faint2:
I did make the mistake of staying tuned to watch Donny's PRIVATE PERSONAL FOOTAGE: Yawn lol

Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing With the Stars   Dancing With the Stars - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next