Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Year Resolutions

Go down 
+19
Krissy
alexczarn
Robinsgirl
Amy
JW
Kristina
I Love Dean
Lily
Coach Jon
Farmer Girl
EllieJane
pamh36
flatbroke
ChristinaAL
Alice
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rhonda
Savannah
bethandmanly
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Happy010

New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:04 am

I just don't make them.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:25 am

Me either. It's pointless to me, as I never keep them anyway! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 9:29 am

Oh boy here goes the list...

1. Lose weight again LOL (Susie my diet started again too)
2. Get more organized (expecially the basement)
3. Keep in better touch with my online friends and family (send personal emails not just jokes)

Wow that will keep me busy....

New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Dd4
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865
Mood : New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 10:10 am

my new years resolutions...

1. make the honor roll at school
2. get a job!
3. exercise more
4. stop eating so much junk food!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 2:13 pm

Mine are
1. Lose some Pounds
2. Extra Size More
3. Read in my Bible evreyday (Farmer Girl i also want to Read it through this Year)
4. Write more Letters
5. Stop Drinking So much Soda
6. Stop Eating Junk Food
7. Being kind to People
8. Make more Friends
9. Getting a Job
10. Buy at Least 4 Seasons of Road to Avonlea (I Have 1 lol)
11. Read all of my Books that i have
12. Study Hard

New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Jacobk10New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:23 pm

1. to try and controle my emotions!
2. read more
3//
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:25 pm

I hope it's ok if I post something that Gin told me. Her pastor told her that instead of making New Year's Resolutions, to work more on 'looking for opportunities' in the new year. I'm going to really try to take this to heart. I'm going to get a little deep here for a minute. Wink But just think of how 'self-serving' most New Years Resolutions are, really? They're usually about 'bettering ourselves', be it emotionally, physically, mentally. Not saying that's a bad thing. But by 'looking for opportunities', and actually taking advantage of those that present themselves, automatically we are bettering ourselves...whether it be through helping others, volunteering our time, being a better friend, strengthening our relationship with God...., all these things ultimately will make us 'healthier' emotionally, physically and spiritually. For me personally, I'm upset with myself that I've gained quite a bit of my weight loss back. I've been pretty 'mad' at myself lately. But what I'm getting is that I'm just too focused on the food, you know? If I start to better myself in all other aspects, mentally emotionally and spiritually, the 'physically' part of it should fall into place. Does that make sense? I just know something has to 'click' with me. I obviously need to transform my way of thinking, and I think it needs to start with getting 'outside myself', helping others and 'giving back'. That's the reason we were put here, isn't it? I mean, how can we be truly fulfilled in any way without that? So that's my New Year's Resolution: to be more 'aware' and not just go through the motions in this life. To look for opportunities and actually seize them. Thumbsup

Ok, end of speil! You can wake up now! :sleep: :haha:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 11:31 pm

That does make a lot of sense. My pastor's wife and I were talking about this same thing a few months ago . . . sort of. LOL. . . We were discussing the fact that sometimes we're in such a hurry that we don't notice the opportunities that we have to make an impact on someone's life. Even in small ways. And that we really need to be sure to remember that, even if it's inopportune, we need to make the time to seize those moments.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 8:02 am

Yes, that's exactly what I meant (and I think what Gin's pastor was getting at), you just put it a lot more concisely than I did! Whistle :haha: Thanks for understanding Savannah...that was a 'rambly' post and I wasn't sure if I would really get my point across. Wink

I was just thinking about Beckie's prayer request too, about the elderly lady that they discovered was living in deplorable conditions? It's like what Gin was saying about that situation, that this may actually be a blessing in disguise, because now people are aware of her situation. Now it's up to the community to either seize the opportunity and help, or turn a blind eye. It all goes back to what you said about taking the time to even notice that those are opportunities. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Amy, Savannah...I never really thought of it that way. This is such a eye opener for me. grinsmiley

Amy, your so right about the elderly lady. The sad thing..some people will turn the other cheek. Blue
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Thats So True Amy and Savannah

Well one of my Resolutions have happen i weigh my self today and i lost 10 Pounds

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Congrats Jacob! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:24 pm

That's great, Jacob!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks Amy and Savannah

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:54 pm

JW wrote:

Well one of my Resolutions have happen i weigh my self today and i lost 10 Pounds

That's awesome, Jacob. :woohooo: I'm so happy for you. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:28 pm

Thanks Susie It's a Wonderful Feeling if you see that lost 10 Pounds even if you see you just lost 2 or 3 Pounds

Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Farmer Girl wrote:

I want to read my bible everyday, and read the whole thing this year, and also memorize more verses.

i might be able to help you with that!

http://www.sbc.net/redirect.asp?url=http://www.sbcpray.net/biblepathway/newuser.asp

My new years resoulution is to get an A in College Algebra and get on the Varsity volleyball team.

As for the little ones there are too many to post so I will post only a few!
Drink 1 cup of milk everyday!
Drink only two soda's a week.
Do 1+ pushup every day.
Learn to play the F chord on the guitar.
Get LHOTP season 6 and 2.
The list goes on and on!
I only accomplished four things on last years resolution sheet!
See washington DC
See mountains.
Cut back on the coffee.
*and strangly* gain at leat 15 pounds!
I was 98 last jan. severely underweight now I weigh a comfertable 143! :idance: I guess I did better then I expected.

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:05 am

Nope I never can...

New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Savannah wrote:
Cat fish......... :Hahaha: That reminds me.........

Krissy, when my nephew, Jeremiah was four, we sat down to eat, and he asked what was for supper. My Dad told him "Cat fish". Jeremiah's eyes grew HUGE, and his jaw dropped, and he refused to eat until we went and got his cat for him. :Hahaha: He wanted to be sure he wasn't about to eat kitty-kitty. :Hahaha: I'd forgotten about that........thank you for bringing it to my mind!
AWWWW. it's cute the why kids think,
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:02 am

Savannah wrote:
Cat fish......... :Hahaha: That reminds me.........

Krissy, when my nephew, Jeremiah was four, we sat down to eat, and he asked what was for supper. My Dad told him "Cat fish". Jeremiah's eyes grew HUGE, and his jaw dropped, and he refused to eat until we went and got his cat for him. :Hahaha: He wanted to be sure he wasn't about to eat kitty-kitty. :Hahaha: I'd forgotten about that........thank you for bringing it to my mind!

laugh3 laugh3

New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Do you have any new years resolutions?   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 10:34 am

For 2013? Do u keep any? I don't really make any never keep them!!!!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

I don't make any, then i don't have to feel bad for not keeping them, But i do try to become a better person each year, I have learned in the past year Doing small things for people can make a difference in the world Smile

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:46 am

That's so true Smile

Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: What's your New Year's resolution(s)?   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 am

What's yours?

Mine is to lose maybe 10-15 pounds, better myself as a person and be more helpful around the house, and be more open and outward about my beliefs instead of hiding them. I guess to be a more outgoing and bolder person rather than shy as I have been and to just be myself.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

New Year Resolutions - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year Resolutions   New Year Resolutions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Year Resolutions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next