Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Sound of Music Live

Go down 
+5
Amy
Honeybee
Teresa
Rob
JW
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Headac10

The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:04 pm

I saw a few mintes of it. She can sing.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:04 pm

I am loving this live version....so many are talking on Facebook about it just not being the same without Julie Andrews, and to leave the classic alone.  Julie Andrews did the movie, with many takes and retakes, this is live, mistakes and all.....This is the Broadway show that was done way before Julie Andrews did the movie...it is written different......I don't think Carrie Underwood went into this project thinking she was replacing Julie Andrews or even trying to fill her shoes....it is actually 2 completely different shows.....one was a movie and one is live....

bawling Only problem.....I was recording it and the machine quit and I missed out on the "do re mi" song......maybe it will come out on DVD.... 

The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Rhonda10The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Rhonda wrote:
I am loving this live version....so many are talking on Facebook about it just not being the same without Julie Andrews, and to leave the classic alone.  Julie Andrews did the movie, with many takes and retakes, this is live, mistakes and all.....This is the Broadway show that was done way before Julie Andrews did the movie...it is written different......I don't think Carrie Underwood went into this project thinking she was replacing Julie Andrews or even trying to fill her shoes....it is actually 2 completely different shows.....one was a movie and one is live....

bawling Only problem.....I was recording it and the machine quit and I missed out on the "do re mi" song......maybe it will come out on DVD.... 
Right, that is my thinking, that it's a version of the broadway play----no one could ever re-make the Sound of Music movie, nor would they think they can. scratchead 

Does anyone remember when they did "On Golden Pond" live?  Oh my, I remember that being a bit of a disaster actually.  And that was just a 'play', no music!  Hope this fares better than that did!

And Rhonda, that would be awesome if this goes to dvd! Hope so!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:17 pm

I didn't think i would get to see it but Turned out my sisters got the channel so i ended up going there to watch it. Even though we just had a major snow storm.
It was totally awesome!!! I really hope it goes to DVD i would most definitely get it. Thumbsup 

The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Jacobk10The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Just read online its to be released December 17th Wink 

The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Jacobk10The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:16 am

^They announced it on tv. That's coming out on DVD. (December 17th.) I saw it tonight. I haven't seen the original Broadway. So, I don't know how much it's like the Broadway, some scenes were almost like the movie Sound of music.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:19 am

JW wrote:
Just read online its to be released December 17th Wink 
yesss  I know what I'm asking from my hubby for Christmas!  Glad you liked it so much, Jacob! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:50 am

The soundtrack is out on ITunes they showed on t.v last night.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:53 am

I have it taped and haven't watched it, yet. I'm glad to hear that you all liked it.

The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:28 am

I guess I'll be in the minority. I really didn't like it all that much. I do think Carrie did a great job singing, but her acting wasn't that great. I didn't like the Captain at all. I knew this would be different than the movie, but I was wondering if this is the way it is done on Broadway. Some of the song placements didn't make sense so I wondered if they changed it more for television to get it all in. It did go off very well for being live. Guess I love the movie too much.

The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:07 pm

^ Same here Lori. I rather watch the Movie version of The Sound of Music. Last nights Sound of music with Carrie Underwood. Once is enough. I won't buy the DVD. I wonder that too, if it's done the original Broadway. Only to find out, will be people who went to see it, back in 1959.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Lori wrote:
I guess I'll be in the minority.  I really didn't like it all that much.  I do think Carrie did a great job singing, but her acting wasn't that great.  I didn't like the Captain at all.  I knew this would be different than the movie, but I was wondering if this is the way it is done on Broadway.  Some of the song placements didn't make sense so I wondered if they changed it more for television to get it all in.  It did go off very well for being live.  Guess I love the movie too much.
I was just going to comment on carries acting. I didn't think she did a great job on the acting. The singing she did great. I think the music was the BEST thing of the play.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:19 pm

It was okay. The Sound of Music remake.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:29 pm

The Sound of Music that Carrie did is the original Broadway version; which came out before Julie Andrews did the Movie version.  You have to remember that doing something on stage and live is much different than making a movie.  In a movie, you get to do your scene and if you make a mistake, you can do it again, until it is just right.  On stage and live, if you make a mistake, it is out there for the world to see.  At the beginning, I saw Carrie slip when she's walking down the hill....I was worried she had twisted her ankle; she had mentioned on the Today Show that morning, that she was worried about walking up the stairs backwards in heels, and it turned out to be walking forwards down the hill that got her and yet, she never missed a beat, kept right on singing.  Then, there is a scene in the bedroom, an 'upstairs' bedroom and you can see someone at the window.....camera guy, or lighting guy..... HeeHee  A movie is also done in many different places, inside, out in town, on a real mountain, etc., and a live stage presentation is just that...ON STAGE....they have a limited area to work with.....I give them two thumbs up!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup

The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Rhonda10The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:36 pm

I totally understand and get that. They worked really hard on this. The children were great to, TWO thumbs is good.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:47 pm

I understand too. Maybe, I saw it in person, I might like it more. Just weird to see a live Broadway show on tv. Then, they go to commercials. Which is good, since I have to use restroom and other stuff.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 5:26 pm

I didn't watch the first part. Just saw the second half. My mom had it on the channel. City tv sure put lots of commercials to. I only watched it cause I was bored & had to see all the fuss was about. We have the movie in VHS. So maybe i'll watch it one day.

The soundtrack is $11.99 on iTunes.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 7:47 am

It must be said...

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:17 am

that song is stuck in my head lol . We have the the sound of music movie on VHS!

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:07 am

Yeah, I noticed those things too. Carrie did great with her slip; she just kept on singing. That was Liesl waiting at the widow for her entrance. I liked hearing the extra songs towards the end that didn't make it in the movie, but I didn't like where Favorite Things was. It makes more sense in the movie scene. I'm glad they gave the movie extra time because things seemed so rushed in the Broadway version.

The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:07 pm

I also noticed the slip and the person by the window, What about where one man step on the Captains girlfriends Dress was that suppose to be like that or was it an Accident?

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:12 pm

haha...I saw that as well, Jacob, and it was an accident....but they all did a great job by continuing on and not stopping.  In live productions, in the words of Carrie, "If you make a mistake, you just keep going."   HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:37 pm

That is true. I've read so many native comments on twitter about this. OhMy 

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:00 am

Rhonda wrote:
haha...I saw that as well, Jacob, and it was an accident....but they all did a great job by continuing on and not stopping.  In live productions, in the words of Carrie, "If you make a mistake, you just keep going."   HeeHee
They did a really good with continuing on after that, I thought it might of been planned. I am surprised how at how little mistakes they made. Smile

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 12:32 am

ENCORE SHOW FOR THOSE WHO MISSED IT!
Saturday, December 14 @ 8:00 PM Eastern Time on NBC  Thumbsup 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sound of Music Live
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next