Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Sound of Music Live

Go down 
+5
Amy
Honeybee
Teresa
Rob
JW
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Love-s10

The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 9:36 am

Thank you Rhonda!! Thumbsup 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 2:36 pm

Somehow this ended up being my favorite part of the ENTIRE play.  I guess in this scene, they showed true emotion and the song was just sang beautifully.   loveheart 

The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Oh my gosh, Carol, I can see why!!  bawling That was beautiful! She is just incredible. And yes, great emotion by both of them. Goosebump moment!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 7:39 pm

You can actually go to NBC.com and watch it online....  grinsmiley 

The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Rhonda10The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Audra McDonald is an amazing performer. I love the look she gives Carrie at :55.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:23 am

That IS a great look, Rob. yes 

I actually watched my dad set up his dvr last night to record this, so hopefully we'll get it this time!

Nice to know it's online too...my dad wants to see this too though and there's no way he'd sit through all of it at the computer.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:01 pm

On right now...hoping to get the WHOLE thing taped this time.....  Thumbsup 

The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Rhonda10The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:23 am

Lori wrote:
I guess I'll be in the minority.  I really didn't like it all that much.  I do think Carrie did a great job singing, but her acting wasn't that great.  I didn't like the Captain at all.  I knew this would be different than the movie, but I was wondering if this is the way it is done on Broadway.  Some of the song placements didn't make sense so I wondered if they changed it more for television to get it all in.  It did go off very well for being live.  Guess I love the movie too much.

I couldn't agree with you more, Lori.  Carrie was very monotone...not sure why she chose to deliver most of her lines in this way, but I was bored silly with her.  She had some good scenes where I thought, "Gee, where did THAT come from?!" Like when she showed emotion trying to convince the captain how much his children needed him.  And of course the scene where the Mother is singing Climb Every mountain.  It was weird, because there were times I was literally straining to hear what she was saying, and then two seconds later I felt like she was 'shouting' lyrics in a song.  Way too drastic on the spectrum for my liking.

Poor Carrie though---some of the things they had her doing while singing?!  Jumping up and down on the bed and trying to stay in tune?! (I thought the yodeling song was one of her very best, btw---loved it and she was very 'natural' with the children.).  And Do Re Mi, all that running around and going up and down stairs while singing?!  Good grief. poor thing was so out of breath! LOL!  Her final note in that one was awesome.  Overall though, as three people had told me before I'd watched this, I really thought her singing was just 'ok'.   She is awesome, don't get me wrong, but when she is in her own element, in my opinion.  A theater actress or singer she is not.  She always seemed 'on' to me...TOO 'on', when it came to the singing. Very few dynamics and forceful singing....for me, it was hard to listen to in a lot of songs.  Sorry to the Carrie fans---I DO like her voice and always have---but to me she was all wrong for this part and I would much rather have watched an 'unknown' Maria who is actually trained for this genre.  And yes, Lori,  I couldn't stand the captain, he was FAR too mean to the children---he took this to level that it didn't need to go, and as Lisa & I were saying, the real Maria is probably rolling over in her grave that he was depicted  this harshly, considering she thought even the captain in the movie was much harsher than her husband was in actuality.   There again, this captain wasn't a great actor OR singer, so I'm not sure how he got this part. scratchead 

Sorry to be so critical....judging from the reviews I'm not the only one. Whistle   Also, this was just way too long.  I found myself fast forwarding through a lot of the acting scenes because either A) they were just that bad, or B) I was bored silly.  Keep in mind,  I think in total I've scene this production (or ones similar) three times (2 high school and one college) so I wasn't comparing this to the movie, but to other theater productions I have seen.

On the positive.... Wink .... I thought the children and the mother nun were wonderful, as well as all the nuns' singing, and I LOVED the sets, and it was worth watching it for all of those things combined! yes   They did a great job with all of it and also keeping everything flowing smoothly for a live production.  Very impressive.  It was quite literally only the leads that I found intolerable....which is kind of a big deal. Yikes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:13 am

No problem Amy, even the Von Trapp family were harsh on Carrie's acting. They said they wished that Anne Hathaway had done the live show. They said she has a lovely voice, but not made to portray Maria and her acting was awful......Carrie has had to toughen up with all the criticism she got.  No 

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:40 pm

I love Carrie but her tone of voice in this ... showed NO emotion to me at all. She sounded bored most of the time  No 
Amy, I also fast forwarded through a lot of it. Like I said, my favorite part was the video I posted above...

The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Rhonda wrote:
No problem Amy, even the Von Trapp family were harsh on Carrie's acting.  They said they wished that Anne Hathaway had done the live show.  They said she has a lovely voice, but not made to portray Maria and her acting was awful......Carrie has had to toughen up with all the criticism she got.  No 

Oh really?!  I didn't know that!  Poor Carrie...I do feel badly for her.  But she will grow some thicker skin, that's for sure!  Oh my gosh, I would have loved to have seen Anne in this; I can see why the Von Trapps are saying that.  That girl can seriously act, and I think her voice is so much more well-suited for this part.  It's just....oh I don't know...if you're going to do something as monumental as air live the beloved classic Sound of Music, I'd think you'd pick a seasoned actress (and actor) and ones whose voices lend themselves beautifully to the characters.

Carol wrote:
I love Carrie but her tone of voice in this ... showed NO emotion to me at all. She sounded bored most of the time  No 
Amy, I also fast forwarded through a lot of it.  Like I said, my favorite part was the video I posted above...

Yes, that's it exactly....every song pretty much sounded the same--all belted out.  Well, except for "Something Good", but I find that a boring song even when Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer sang it! HeeHee   Carol, my dad loved the Climb Every Mountain scene too...it really is phenomenal, (I think I've watched it 5 times now!) and that is one scene Carrie really plays very well off Audra. Thumbsup  She really DID have her good moments.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:36 pm

I agree with you Amy. I found that to when watching it. I think a un known star would have been awesome playing her part. But Carrie makes a much better singer then actor. Did this get high ratings? I think the children were the best acting in the play. They really showed better emotions in the acting part. I would give this 3 stars.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Krissy, I love your avatar! loveheart  And I agree...the children were the highlight and I think they brought the best out of Carrie too. But emotion-wise, I agree, they were great! I loved Kurt's high note in "So Long Farewell". Umm, I'm thinking they were all on pins and needles that he would not be able to hit that during the live production---can you imagine?! He must have been so relieved to have that over with! Like Carrie with her last high note in Do Re Mi! Laughing  Those kids were all really good singers and I have a feeling that have done a LOT on stage.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:11 pm

Amy wrote:
Krissy, I love your avatar! loveheart   And I agree...the children were the highlight and I think they brought the best out of Carrie too.  But emotion-wise, I agree, they were great!  I loved Kurt's high note in "So Long Farewell".  Umm, I'm thinking they were all on pins and needles that he would not be able to hit that during the live production---can you imagine?!  He must have been so relieved to have that over with!  Like Carrie with her last high note in Do Re Mi! Laughing  Those kids were all really good singers and I have a feeling that have done a LOT on stage.

Thank you! Yeah the children sure must have. I wouldn't buy the DVD nor I doubt i'll watch it again. Yeah I can only dream of how much butterflies they must have had during the production of this, I think they worked very hard doing this. They did there best. I don't think I could have done that. I wouldn't mind buying the soundtrack.

It's been so long sence I seen the movie.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:13 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Thank you! Yeah the children sure must have. I wouldn't buy the DVD nor I doubt i'll watch it again. Yeah I  can only dream of how much butterflies they must have had during the production of this, I think they worked very hard doing this. They did there best. I don't think I could have done that. I wouldn't mind buying the soundtrack.

I think it's safe to say I won't be buying the dvd. batEyes And I couldn't help but think of the PARENTS of the children---I'm sure they were more nervous for their kids than the actual kids even were! LOL!

Krissy wrote:

It hasn't been all that long for me, but I'm definitely hearing it call my name, after seeing this! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:27 pm

Amy wrote:
 I loved Kurt's high note in "So Long Farewell".  Umm, I'm thinking they were all on pins and needles that he would not be able to hit that during the live production---can you imagine?!  He must have been so relieved to have that over with!  Like Carrie with her last high note in Do Re Mi! Laughing  Those kids were all really good singers and I have a feeling that have done a LOT on stage.

The producers were worried about "Kurt's" high note, because his voice is changing!!! They were afraid to even cast him because of just that. I am SO glad his voice waited until the live show was over with......Can you say, Peter Brady in the Brady Bunch?  laugh3 

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:56 am

Amy wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Thank you! Yeah the children sure must have. I wouldn't buy the DVD nor I doubt i'll watch it again. Yeah I  can only dream of how much butterflies they must have had during the production of this, I think they worked very hard doing this. They did there best. I don't think I could have done that. I wouldn't mind buying the soundtrack.

I think it's safe to say I won't be buying the dvd. batEyes And I couldn't help but think of the PARENTS of the children---I'm sure they were more nervous for their kids than the actual kids even were! LOL!

Krissy wrote:

It hasn't been all that long for me, but I'm definitely hearing it call my name, after seeing this! Thumbsup

True indeed. Thumbsup 

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 5:45 pm

I found the sound of music soundtrack on Tape. One from the movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 9:56 pm

The making of The Sound of Music Live!  Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:27 pm

This Saturday, NBC will be broadcasting Carrie Underwood's Sound of Music Live at 7:00 pm Central Time. For those that missed it back when it first aired, you can watch it, and then watch the Julie Andrew's version on Sunday, when they do the sing-a-long. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 7:52 am

Bump
Tonight, The Sound of Music Live with Carrie Underwood will be on NBC starting at 8:00 EST. It will do the 3 hour run, and for those missed it the first time it was on in 2013, this is a good way to see it. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sound of Music Live   The Sound of Music Live - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sound of Music Live
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3