Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was i wrong?

Go down 
+5
Honeybee
MissOleson
LIWnut
Davetucson
Krissy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Was i wrong? Headac10

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:49 am

Was i wrong? 1394250_10202333388156461_495383050_n

I was told I shouldn't post this on my wall on FB!. The reason is because not everyone celebrates The holiday. I know that & I respect that. I don't push anyone on anything. It's like the person was telling me I shouldn't post any Christmas stuff. Am I taking this to serious?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Was i wrong? Bokmal10

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:03 pm

CHRISTMAS is a federal holiday! That's what its called! CHRISTMAS! Until THEY get around to changing that, which wouldn't surprise me..........and I'm sure we will put up with that too!

YOU ARE RIGHT!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Was i wrong? Cloud910

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:43 pm

You are right.
The bible says that believers will be persecuted for believing in Jesus so it doesn't surprise me that others are offended that we celebrate HIS birth. If you aren't of the religious nature, that's fine. You may still celebrate the holiday in your own way but don't go and try to change the way I celebrate it. (Not trying to preach here, that's just what I would say to someone if they said that to me)

Was i wrong? MarilynKeeper Was i wrong? Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:45 pm

That's alright Marilyn, go ahead and preach! Somebody needs to! We don't have anything to worry about until you hear a White House announcement such as
"If you like your holidays, you can keep them! Period!"

Then I would worry!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Was i wrong? Indiff10

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:30 pm

My entire life I just assumed "Happy Holidays" and "Season's Greetings" were the same thing.  I just figured that included Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year's.  I figured it was a general greeting for all of the holidays in the winter season.  Was I wrong about something all this time?  That wouldn't be a surprise for me! Smile 

Something like "Happy Holidays" doesn't bother me.  I think a lot of people say it to people because they want to give a holiday greeting of some sort but they don't know what the person may be, religion wise, so it is "safer" to just say that.  So, that doesn't bother me.

What DOES bother me is that it seems people avoid calling it a Christmas tree.  I have heard people talk about the "lighting of the holiday tree" many times.  That drives me crazy!

I don't think you're wrong about getting upset (consider that this is coming from a person that gets upset about everything, though Smile).  My major issue with it is that they are trying to tell you that you can't have freedom of speech and feel how you want to about something.  I don't care for that sort of thing.  Honestly, what you said isn't offensive at all.  It is your opinion and how you feel about it.  Plain and simple.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:49 pm

MissOleson wrote:
My entire life I just assumed "Happy Holidays" and "Season's Greetings" were the same thing.  I just figured that included Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year's.  I figured it was a general greeting for all of the holidays in the winter season.  Was I wrong about something all this time?  That wouldn't be a surprise for me! Smile 

Something like "Happy Holidays" doesn't bother me.  I think a lot of people say it to people because they want to give a holiday greeting of some sort but they don't know what the person may be, religion wise, so it is "safer" to just say that.  So, that doesn't bother me.

What DOES bother me is that it seems people avoid calling it a Christmas tree.  I have heard people talk about the "lighting of the holiday tree" many times.  That drives me crazy!

I don't think you're wrong about getting upset (consider that this is coming from a person that gets upset about everything, though Smile).  My major issue with it is that they are trying to tell you that you can't have freedom of speech and feel how you want to about something.  I don't care for that sort of thing.  Honestly, what you said isn't offensive at all.  It is your opinion and how you feel about it.  Plain and simple.
Thank you!! They expect you to respect them. But they don't respect you. People seem to take offensive to "everything today"

The Holiday tree thing really bugs me too.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:52 pm

LIWnut wrote:
You are right.
The bible says that believers will be persecuted for believing in Jesus so it doesn't surprise me that others are offended that we celebrate HIS birth.  If you aren't of the religious nature, that's fine.  You may still celebrate the holiday in your own way but don't go and try to change the way I celebrate it.  (Not trying to preach here, that's just what I would say to someone if they said that to me)
Thank you marilyn

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Davetucson wrote:
That's alright Marilyn, go ahead and preach! Somebody needs to! We don't have anything to worry about until you hear a White House announcement such as
"If you like your holidays, you can keep them! Period!"

Then I would worry!
Smile People should have a right to

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 10:51 am

It's your FB account, not theirs. If, they don't like it, they can just unfriend you. To me, they want control your account. I don't listen to people. I just post on FB. This is what I said:

Christmas is coming up next for the next Holiday. Yes, I'll say Merry Christmas, when Dec. 25th comes around. Don't like it, then please unfriend me. Cause, I'm not going to please you, if your offended by me saying Merry Christmas. This is my account not yours.

If, anyone said, I'll be offended anyone. I'll just unfriend them and block them. I don't need people telling me what to do or not to do.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Buttercup wrote:
It's your FB account, not theirs. If, they don't like it, they can just unfriend you. To me, they want control your account. I don't listen to people. I just post on FB. This is what I said:

Christmas is coming up next for the next Holiday. Yes, I'll say Merry Christmas, when Dec. 25th comes around. Don't like it, then please unfriend me. Cause, I'm not going to please you, if your offended by me saying Merry Christmas. This is my account not yours.

If, anyone said, I'll be offended anyone. I'll just unfriend them and block them. I don't need people telling me what to do or not to do.

That is right my friend. Good advice. I reposted it again.Thumbsup 

Back to top Go down
Carpenters4ever
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
Carpenters4ever

Number of posts : 1114

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Krissy, There is nothing wrong with it. Us Christians believe in keeping CHRIST in Christmas. If they don't like it, it's their problem, not yours.

photo MaggieKeeper_zps05cb0b4a.gif
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Nope. You are right.

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 1:38 pm

Krissy I think you should be able to say (and post!) anything that you want to. One, it's your facebook. And two, I agreed with Marilyn when she said "You may still celebrate the holiday in your own way but don't go and try to change the way I celebrate it." People celebrate different holidays, and when they celebrate the same holiday many still do it in different ways. Even if people do celebrate Christmas but aren't religious, I think Merry Christmas should still be said if that's what you want to say.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 1:55 pm

true.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 6:26 pm

I posted this. & The same person said something again.

Was i wrong? 1504075_592088577540521_685256545_n

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Was i wrong? Purple2

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 6:41 pm

There is a way on Facebook to post something and make it to where certain people cannot see it. You might want to do that....or block them or unfriend them if it is bothering you.  scratchead 

Was i wrong? Rhonda10Was i wrong? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Rhonda wrote:
There is a way on Facebook to post something and make it to where certain people cannot see it.  You might want to do that....or block them or unfriend them if it is bothering you.  scratchead 

Good idea!!! Think I will.

Back to top Go down
Muriel88
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Muriel88

Number of posts : 75

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 8:12 pm

It's political correctness gone mad. Post what you like about Christmas online. I don't ask my Muslim friends to stop calling Ramadan Ramadan. I don't ask my Jewish friends to stop calling Hanukah Hanukah. Crazy talk...
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Muriel88 wrote:
It's political correctness gone mad.  Post what you like about Christmas online.  I don't ask my Muslim friends to stop calling Ramadan Ramadan.  I don't ask my Jewish friends to stop calling Hanukah Hanukah.  Crazy talk...

Yeah people are crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Was i wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was i wrong?   Was i wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was i wrong?
Page 1 of 1