Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers for Cole, please.

Go down 
+7
Lori
Rhonda
julmer70
Teresa
Kristina
Rob
Savannah
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayers for Cole, please. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Prayers for Cole, please. Happy010

Prayers for Cole, please. Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:50 pm

I posted this on Facebook, so some of you have already seen this. My boss's son, Cole, was in a very serious accident this weekend. He's in ICU with a fractured skull, bleeding (and swelling) on his brain, a broken wrist, two broken ribs, road rash all over his body. He's in a medically-induced coma right now. I know that my boss and her family would deeply appreciate your prayers - and so would I.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Prayers for Cole, please. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Definitely praying, Lisa.  Smiley Hug 
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Prayers for Cole, please. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:57 am

I will keep Cole and his family in my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:47 am

Cole and his family will be in my prayers. How old is he, Lisa?

Prayers for Cole, please. TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:23 am

Oh that is awful, Lisa! I am so sorry to hear that. Cole and his family are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:16 am

Thank you so much, everyone! Teresa, Cole is 16.

They told his mom that he'll be in ICU for at least another week, but they ARE allowing visitors. This is HUGE, because they hadn't given her much hope for his survival at ALL. He isn't out of the woods yet, but at least they're giving him more hope. There is SO MUCH power in prayer!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Prayers for Cole, please. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:59 am

Praying for Cole! This is SO scary. My Josh was also into skateboarding and I was SO scared he would end up in a nasty accident. Always grinding down stair rails, trying to get the biggest "air" and etc. He also was into BMX bikes and we fussed ALL the time about him wearing a helmet! He didn't like them, and refused to wear them.....he didn't race the bikes, just like doing the jumps and flips....yeah, he needed a helmet, and the one time he came into the house with a HUGE goose egg on his forehead, he realized, mom wasn't that dumb after all.  Blue 

Prayers for Cole, please. Rhonda10Prayers for Cole, please. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:52 pm

Praying for him.

Prayers for Cole, please. Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayers for Cole, please. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:15 am

Keeping Cole in my prayers, and his family too. I can't imagine the worry they are going through. No 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:20 pm

loveheart Thank you all SO MUCH!! Shannon's last update said that Cole has been given a feeding tube now. He's surprised the doctors already, because as I mentioned, they didn't expect him to survive the night that first night that he was brought in. He still has a long road ahead, but he's stable, and appears to be on the right track. Thank you for your continued prayers!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 4:31 pm

That's great news, Lisa. Prayers continue.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:20 pm

It's good to hear that Cole is doing better. Thank you for updating us, Lisa! I will continue to keep him in my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 9:17 am

Thank you all for your replies and your prayers! It's so wonderful to know how many people are praying for Cole! Here's Shannon's latest update:

For now...depending on if Cole stays going in a positive direction, they are taking him off the med that has him in a coma. We may start to see some small movements from him! He will still need to be in a relaxed state, so they will still have him under, just not in a coma state. Still continue to pray friends! God is moving!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Shannon's latest update:

Just met with Coles Neurosurgeon, please pray that Cole would start showing signs of waking up. He should be, and he's not yet.
Please pray also that the meds he will be starting for his blood clots will not cause more bleeding to start on his brain! In Jesus name!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 8:42 am

I remembered him in prayer...I sure hope he can listen to the voices that want him back. Thanks for keeping us posted Lisa.

Prayers for Cole, please. Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:25 am

The latest news on Cole:

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, too much going on. Today Cole is doing more breathing on his own, he is actually breathing faster and doing spontaneous coughing. Doc says his brain is having to re- set itself, thus causing high temp, quick, shallow breathing and elevated blood pressure. But all and all these are signs that he is sllloowwlllly starting to wake up. Looking forward to seeing more signs of him waking up today. Thank all for your continues support and prayers. Thank you soooo much to all of you who have provided meals, you have no idea how much Tom and I appreciate that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you SO much for all of your prayers and concern! It's deeply appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:57 pm

That's so encouraging. I'll be praying.

Prayers for Cole, please. TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:01 pm

Wow, that IS encouraging! It's a slow process for sure, but at least he is progressing. I hope he awakens soon!!

Thanks for updating us regularly Lisa! Cole is on my mind and in my prayers.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 10:26 pm

The healing process is rarely without a few backward steps, and it seems that this is one of them:

Just met with Coles Doc. Seems Coles not ready to come out of sedation yet. His neuro storming is causing too much stress on the inside, so....they are putting Cole back under sedation for at least another week to allow his brain more time to heal. Please pray for the needed healing to take place during this time. Thank you!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 8:33 am

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Blue  I hope that he will be ready to come out of it after this week.  Prayers are going up.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Smiley Hug Thank you for your prayers, all! And thank you to each of you who have taken time to pray, whether you've had a chance to post here or not.

Cole is being moved to floor 7 tonight, which is not an ICU floor. (I'm far too familiar with the hospital that he's in.) But Shannon mentioned that the floor is being redone in the ICU...so I don't know if he's still "officially" going to be in ICU, and just has to be moved because of flooring issues, or if he's actually going to be out of ICU. I sent her a note, asking her, but I haven't heard back yet - and I'm off to work soon, so I won't know at least until tonight.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 1:17 pm

*happy sigh* Some good news. Here's Shannon's update this morning:

So, they have to intentionally sedate Cole occasionally, otherwise he might just jump out of bed! Lol! There are talks of possibly taking out his breathing tube today as long as he continues to breath strong on his own! I'm trying to not get my hopes up too high....but I am very excited to see him responding!

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 1:34 pm

Yay! That really is good news! I'll keep on praying!
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 5:27 pm

glad to hear the good news on Cole!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 12:21 pm

loveheart Cole is officially out of ICU, off the feeding tube, his catheter is out, his breathing tube is out, he's awake and talking, AND he took his first sips of thickened apple juice last night. What. A. Miracle. Thank you for your continued prayers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Cole, please.   Prayers for Cole, please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Cole, please.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next