Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great LHOTP Quotes

Go down 
+25
Ruth
Rider
heidith
easyt72000
whitelighter
Amy
pat1964
alexczarn
GrandDuchessOlga
Prairie Dweller
georgiagirl1993
JW
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
charles ingalls
AllieCat
Kathleen Marie
carolineingalls
LHDaisy
jes9
edwina
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Happy011

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 2:48 pm

I really Laugh hard on this one I'm not exacley suure what it is but it is Harriet to Nels Where the Screen Door is missing and nels say he has ask evreybody who came in to the store that day and What Mrs Oleson thens says is so funny I'm not sure what it is but it gose kind of like this Oh sorry Sir I took your screen door sir i'll bring it right back sir the way she say it

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Jacobk10Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 7:47 pm

From "Wave of the Future", while the Olesons are reviewing the contract and Nancy is banging on the piano, Nels leaves the room. Harriet asks, "Nels, where are you going?" Nels replies, "Insane! I am going insane!"

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 9:07 pm

I was watching "Times Are Changing", and though it's a mostly sad episode, I noticed, when Harriet was going to see Ms.Carter and she and Isaiah were talking, when she walked away, he said, "That woman could make a train take a dirt road". That was the fist time I noticed that.

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 10:51 am

Nels in "There's No Place Like Home"
"All right, children, get to work!"
Nellie: "Mother says that it's too hot and that we should stay in the shade.
Nels: "I don't care what your mother said! You get off your butts and get to work- NOW!"
Harriet: "I heard that, Nels Olson! How dare you say you don't care what I say?"
Nels: "Oh, shut up!
Harriet: (screaches some things) "How dare you to tell me to shut up! Since when have you worn the pants in the family?"
Nels: "Since I got this!"
Harriet: "Oh my goodness!"
Nels: "Get to work woman- NOW!" (Harriet runs off) "All right everybody, get to work!"

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 2:57 pm

:lol!: That is one funny scene!

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 2:03 am

Here's one I like it's from the begining of back to school part 1. Laura, Albert and Carrie are outside of Nellie's resturant and the cover is still on it.Laura ask something about the suprise and Mr. Oleson says what the heck everyone will find out what it is today anyways. He starts to tell them what the suprise is and just has he does Mrs. Oleson commings walking out of the store and across the street and as she does she hollers Nel. Then Mr. Oleson looks at Laura and her brother and siter and says.
I swear she can hear a flea belch a mile away. :haha: That Line cracks me up everytime ROTFL
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 1:15 pm

my fav one when edwards said like talking to a chinese pack mule.... harriot tells Isaiah your rude... edwards your ugly

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 6:26 am

When Harriet is in the scene, you'll know you'll be ROTFL

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 DaisyKeeper

Carrie Ingalls: 'Happy Birthday Baby Jesus'
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 6:21 pm

here's one with jane cantfield... jane go home
you don't want to be with a run down grizzle bear

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 7:23 pm

Here are a few involving Mr. Edwards. In "A Child With No Name", Mr. Edwards walks into Doc Baker's office and finds a very drunk Doc Baker. Mr. Edwards walks over and takes a whiff of the stuff that Doc Baker had been drinking and says (I think), "That'll raise a blood blister on a rawhide boot." From the same episode, after the town convinces Doc Baker to stay in town and Mr. Edwards invites everyone to dinner at the restaurant at Mrs. Oleson's expense, Mrs. Oleson looks at Florence the mule and says of Doc Baker, "And he's got a jackass for a patient." Mr. Edwards replies, "That's right. He's got you and the mule too." And from "Ma's Holiday", when Laura and Mary balk at eating Mr. Edwards' "Injun stew", Mr. Edwards tells them, "It'll put hair on your chest." Laura replies, "I don't think I want hair on my chest."

Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 7:24 pm

rattle snake stew

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 4:59 pm

In The Camp Out, when Charles tells Caroline he's not going on the trip because Mrs Oleson has decided to go along, Caroline says,

"You'll miss your fishing."
To which Charles replies,

"Fishing? With that woman on the trip there won't be a fish biting for 9 miles in any direction."

I laugh out loud every time I watch this scene! ROTFL

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006

Last edited by on Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 12:48 am

Laughing Charles is too funny...

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 10:48 am

:Hahaha: I love an irritated Charles. He cracks me up every time.. And the faces he makes at Harriet sometimes are just to die for

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Audrey
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 9:40 pm

Two more, both from Home Again, Part I:

While Charles is working at the mill, glancing over at the school, Mr. Edwards walks by and says, "You'd better keep your eye on that saw blade, or you'll be pickin' your nose with your elbow!"

Later, in the mercantile, Mrs. Oleson speculates on why Caroline didn't come along. She asks Mr. Oleson, "Don't you think people would be shocked if you went off to Chicago alone?" Nels responds, "Only if I came back!" :haha:

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 11:29 pm

Does someone recall the quote when Charles is so angry for Tobby Noh charged his new, elegant suit to Charles account?There was in "Dance With me"...Yes, I agree an angry Charles is simply HILARIOUS...His face is simply ...simply priceless in the episodes he gets angry , specially the one with the "green hair" :woohooo: , and in "Dance with me" , when Tobby eats every single edible thing in the "Little House"...ROTFL But the better of it all was when he is angry about Tobby and Caroline begins to laugh, and shortly after, he can't help but laugh too...:Hahaha: These storylines are GREAT!!

Vanesa.

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 11:18 pm

jes9 wrote:
And from "Ma's Holiday", when Laura and Mary balk at eating Mr. Edwards' "Injun stew", Mr. Edwards tells them, "It'll put hair on your chest." Laura replies, "I don't think I want hair on my chest."

charles ingalls wrote:
rattle snake stew

Mr. Edwards did refer to it as "Indian Stew" rather than rattlesnake stew. (I think he told the girls that the Sioux Indians had taught him how to make it - but it could have been a different tribe) But either way, it apparently wasn't very tasty. 🤢 :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2007 11:22 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Yes, I agree an angry Charles is simply HILARIOUS...His face is simply ...simply priceless in the episodes he gets angry , specially the one with the "green hair" :woohooo:

I LOVE that, too, Vanesa . . . . and when Rev. Alden has such a hard time quoting Ps. 23 . . . . :Hahaha: And he's reassuring the congregation that he had picked that passage BEFORE that morning (when he'd seen Charles' hair!) LOL . . . too funny!!
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 10:34 am

i'm watching fred...i love when carl scared edwards
mr edwards said something like don't scare me like that
carl what ya doin pa... mr edwards i'm inventin
what carl asks i'm inventin terpintine

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2007 7:36 pm

Dear Charles:

Could you write a little more clear?I'm foreign, my English is not my first language, and sometimes I must read twice to know what I'm reading. If you writes without punctuation , nor capital letters, It's hard to me to get the real meaning of the sentences put together...Sorry if this sounds harsh.I don't want to hurt you, it's only that your posts are interesting and I can understand some parts of them that I can't catch in the very moment. Blue

Thank you! Wave

Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 3:58 pm

I love that most of the funny quotes here mentioned come from Nels or Harriet.

I love the one from Silent Promises where Daniel and Laura just walked out of the mercantile and Harriet thinks the sign laguage is strange and says something like "If God wanted me to speak with my hands He wouldn´t have given me a mouth" and Nels says to himself "Even God makes mistakes" :haha:

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Audrey
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 4:08 pm

Hahahaha, I remember that!!!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 6:26 pm

Yes. Most of the funny quotes comes from Nels or Harriet. Without these two, the show wouldn't be the same. However, I think that Charles has some beatiful lines too, and Caroline makes me laugh when she quotes the Bible or Charles own sentences when he is ready to act against these. :haha:

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Laura in "The Talking Machine":

"It's just a little inflamation of the the nasal membranes."

Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 6:31 pm

What a vocabulary for a little girl: ...Inflamation of the nasal membranes..."!!!! ROTFL :haha: Laughing :Hahaha:

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Great LHOTP Quotes
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next