Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD

Go down 
+7
Kamberley
Debbie
Amy
bethandmanly
Honeybee
LIWnut
Savannah
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Bokmal10

Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 1:00 am

I officially hope that after this, they get away from the Bates are murderers plot lines. Now poor Anna has been arrested for killing Green. Good grief.

This episode had many highlights: the great conversations between Daisy, Mosley, and Baxter; the loving conversations between Daisy and Mr. Mason and Daisy and Mrs. Patmore; Robert recognizing Mrs. Patmore's nephew's contribution to the war; Atticus' mother giving his dad something to chew on; Shrimpy taking Susan in hand; Robert admitting to Cora that he feels bad he didn't trust her; and the wonderful conversations between Mary and Tom and Edith and Tom. I also liked the short conversation between Carson and Lady Mary.

Rose's wedding was a bit rushed, but if this means we see less of her I am okay with that.

I can't say I overly cared for the storyline involving Thomas, the hired footman in London, and Violet's new maid. But it did serve to make Thomas look like not such a bad guy for a bit. Wonder if they are planning a romance between him and the temporary footman. I think he told him to call him Uncle Thomas.

I'm still not sure if Mary is clear of Tony. There's something that seems off about it. Also, if Tom goes next season or during the Christmas special, I will be truly bummed. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 2:58 pm

I enjoyed episode 8. It had many good story wrap-ups, likely in case a 6th season didn't happen.
I am so glad that Robert knows about Marigold and that he is willing to love her for Edith's sake. I am so glad that Edith has her, sorry for the Drewes but the Abbey is where she belongs.
Glad that Gillingham is off Mary's back and back in the arms of Mabel.
Happy that Cora stood up for herself this season and that Robert finally discovered what a good woman he has in her.
Sad about Anna but I don't think that she is quilty, hope that she will be set free. Curious to know who killed Green.
happy for Mrs. Patmore, that her nephew was honoured and that Daisy won't be leaving her.
It was a good show.
Can't wait for Christmas Day.

Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 MarilynKeeper Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:45 pm

I need to scoot off to bed, but wanted to pop in to say that I enjoyed the 'final' episode for the season too!!  Can't wait for the Christmas episode.  (However I really don't want to hurry Christmas along...I am SO not ready! LOL!).  

I'm with you Marilyn, I LOVE that Cora has finally been given such a great storyline, that both she and Robert have had their troubles in their marriage and are showing how they are finally getting to a new level of respect and trust in their marriage.  Really neat.  

I LOVED Robert in this episode, for many reasons.  But especially for what he did for Mrs. Pattmore.  That whole scene was so touching!  

I think it's a little unbelievable the he was so accepting about Marigold but hey, it was a nice way to wrap things up I guess.  I feel like he would have been more upset with Cora for keeping that from him even for a little while, but I'm glad that's out in the air now.  

Anna---very weak storyline.  I find it ridiculous and I think Julian Fellows has lost his mind on this one.

I really hated being toyed with over Daisy---I was jumping with joy to hear she was leaving for London (GO!! GO!! Sorry, she drives me NUTS), and then in the final scene she says she's staying?!  This is the most fickle character EVER on the show!! Yikes  Just go, Daisy, and run off to discover whatever amazing adventurous life you seem to think there is out there for you!! Toodles  (Ok, ok, I'll concede that the scene with Mrs. Pattmore crying over her was lovely, and they DO have a really neat mother/daughter relationship....but that isn't enough for me to want Daisy to stay.  I can't take much more!! thud ).

Hmm, what else.  Oh, I really like this whole Rose storyline and the issues between the families, and her mother.  Wow, what a piece of work SHE is! OhMy   I was really glad to see that in the end, Rose trusted Atticus.  I never thought I'd care about her as a character, but she has redeemed herself in this season.  I agree with you Cheryl...I have never liked Rose, but they've at least made her less of a nitwit this season. HeeHee  "Tolerable" was the right word! Laughing  I WISH I could say the same thing for Daisy. Whistle

I think it's silly that there has been NO closure with Mary....maybe something will happen in the Christmas episode but gosh, ALL this time building everything up with Tony and Blake and then nothing??? scratchead  I really don't get it.  I found it ironic when Carson said Tony wasn't good enough for her...there was a time I would have agree with him. Whistle  Someone said on a DA fb page that Mary won't be able to love or be loved until she can get back to the Mary she was with Matthew.  I think that's true.  She's buried in there somewhere and she needs to find 'herself' again.

Finally, I can't even believe the actress (or twins) they got to play Marigold.  The child seriously looked drugged.  Very odd.  I realize she looks quite a bit like Edith but I think it's more important they get a spunkier child and one that's the appropriate age---she's HUGE!  And then there's Sibby, who is absolutely adorable and feisty and just so endearing.  Hopefully Marigold will be re-cast next season.

Cheryl, I am going to be SO upset if Tom really leaves too.  He has been one of my favorite characters, and he is SUCH a good actor.  I wish they'd give him a better storyline!!  I really liked the scene between him and Mary too.  Those two have a connection and he brings out the best in her. It's funny how we see little pieces of the 'old Mary' only with him and with Carson.  Sometimes with her father but not even that for the most part this season.  

I didn't care for the whole Thomas/drunken maid storyline either.  That is my biggest complaint about the show, that sometimes the writing has these little tidbits with these side charaters where I'd much rather have more 'beef' with the big character storylines, which sometimes feel rushed with no payoff.  Sometimes I really think Julian Fellows just has TOO many characters and can't handle all of them.  But you're right, it was nice to see Thomas doing something nice for a change.

I must say, I think "Spratt" is hilarious.  Even his name is funny! Laughing  

I still am holding out for the good doctor and Isobel...considering there has been NO mention of him though, I think that's a pipedream of mine. Blue  Oh well...Lord Merton seems like a very good guy and seems to truly care about her.  I just wonder if she's going to go through with this now.  And I rather like the prince and Violet together!  These two ladies certainly have had some juicy storylines this season! Wink

Ok, didn't I say I was going to bed?  I think that was 20 minutes ago. Yikes   Offtobed

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:05 am

Amy wrote:

I'm with you Marilyn, I LOVE that Cora has finally been given such a great storyline, that both she and Robert have had their troubles in their marriage and are showing how they are finally getting to a new level of respect and trust in their marriage.  Really neat.  

I loved that, too. Cora had kind of grated on my nerves last season, but she endeared herself to me this season. And I liked seeing their relationship grow.

Robert was my hero in this episode. I LOVED it that he personally went downstairs and asked Mrs. Pattmore to be present at the ceremony as a favor to him...and that he had a plaque made especially for her nephew.  loveheart  

Now having said that, I do think that it's ridiculous to expect us to believe that he'd be SO accepting of the fact that his daughter had had an affair with a MARRIED man and had given birth to a child out of wedlock...and all behind his back. He had no way of knowing just how long Cora had known about this, either, so it seems a bit hard to swallow that he would accept all of this with a mere shrug. No I don't think so. (For goodness sake, MY dad wouldn't accept it all with a shrug, and this is NOT the 1920s!) I am glad that it's finally in the open - but it only solidifies my belief that the whole ugly mess could have been avoided if Edith had just come clean to begin with instead of making everyone else suffer because of her choices. But I'm not even going to go into the whole Marigold and Edith issue. I haven't changed my opinion.  I am saddened that I came to so thoroughly dislike Edith over last season and this, though.

Oh, Amy - you mentioned the child they'd cast for Marigold. (I can't get over how much I dislike that name!) I know exactly what scene you're talking about, wondering whether she was drugged or something. There was a scene where they were all together with all of the children, and Marigold's mouth was kind of hanging open, and she was just staring at everyone. I'm not sure if she was ill on the day of shooting, or what. . . But the poor thing didn't look quite right.

The whole storyline with Anna is just stupid. I mean REALLY?? It's been over a year. . . And we're to believe that after THIS long someone is going to not only come forward, but also remember exactly what some strange woman looked like who had been arguing with some other stranger at the train station?? And for just a few moments? Other characters have said that the train station was crowded, and bustling - so obviously there were a lot of people there, and a lot was going on. . . People coming and going. It seems a bit of a stretch to believe that a positive ID could be made THIS long after the fact. No  (Eyewitness accounts are notoriously inaccurate *immediately* after an accident or crime, let alone THIS long afterwards.) I'd like to see some more plausible storyline with Anna and Bates...Like, a little Bates coming along. yes

OH! One of my FAVORITE things about this whole season is that there wasn't even ONE. MOMENT. Of Martha Levinson. yesss  Laughing That alone is almost enough to make it a great season for me.  greenS

Rose really has become a very likeable character for me. I'm surprised to find myself saying that because I thoroughly disliked her last season - but I've enjoyed seeing her change and become much more likeable than either Mary or Edith.

Where Mary's concerned, I think it's just crazy that they built this all up with her and Tony, making it look like they were a certainty, and then just backed way off and...nothing. Nothing at all. Why even GO there, then?? Sheesh. Annoying.

Violet's maid (I can't recall her name) looks like she's absolutely evil.  Laughing  She might really be a nice woman in real life, but she looks evil! Spratt makes me laugh. He's SO proper, and would obviously love to be rid of her. . . but the two of them could be a lot of fun to watch sparring. yes

I was hoping that there would be a little bit more mentioned where Isobel's romance is concerned. (I'd have preferred that over the goofy "borrowed" footman and the drunken lady's maid.) I'd like the doctor to step forward and give Lord Merton a run for his money - BUT, I do remember that the doctor had tried to tell Isobel about his feelings for her quite a while ago (was it during the war? Maybe right after...) and she wouldn't hear it. So maybe he just won't. Maybe that was it, and he won't try again. But I wish he would. I always thought that the two of them would make a charming couple. BUT, that being said....I do believe that she can be happy with Lord Merton. I don't believe that her life will be empty with him. He genuinely cares for her, and I think she does care for him, too. The only issue (and it's a big one) would be his sons.  Yikes  What a couple of snobbish louts!  

Speaking of which...Rose's mother! Good grief! She was AWFUL. Atticus's father was a bit overbearing, but Rose's mother was just. . . unbelievable.

All in all I REALLY liked this season. I hope that next season we get to see Anna and Bates enjoying some happiness together. I really like seeing the two of them together. They have such great chemistry!  

Last edited by Lisa on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Dr. Clarkson almost proposed to Isobel at the fair everyone went to. They were interrupted by Jimmy searching for help for Thomas who was getting beat up when he saved Jimmy from being robbed. I think Clarkson then apologized to her for it, claiming he had too much to drink.

I would really like to see them together. I fear Lord Merton's sons would make her life miserable.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:55 am

I agree with Cheryl.

Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 MarilynKeeper Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:24 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Dr. Clarkson almost proposed to Isobel at the fair everyone went to. They were interrupted by Jimmy searching for help for Thomas who was getting beat up when he saved Jimmy from being robbed. I think Clarkson then apologized to her for it, claiming he had too much to drink.

I would really like to see them together. I fear Lord Merton's sons would make her life miserable.

I'm sure they would - at least for a while. I have a feeling that she could eventually win them over, though. Or at least gain their respect. yes And she's a strong woman who doesn't need the approval of others to be comfortable with herself. She's held her own with Violet right from the beginning, so I really think that she could end up happy with Lord Merton. The doctor was my first pick for her. I still think they'd make a GREAT couple...But if he won't speak up and tell her how he feels, then really it's pointless. She can't spend the rest of her life hoping that he'll work up the nerve to say something - and really, we haven't seen any evidence that she IS hoping for him to do that. (I just wish that he WOULD.) Anyway...Yep, I completely agree with you that Lord Merton's sons would try to make her life miserable - but I believe that she's strong enough to overcome that.  Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:14 pm

Christmas Special clip for 2014. Looks so good, can't wait.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Eeeeeek!!! Can't wait!!!!! dancegirl

Gosh, I forgot to check back with this thread after the final episode! What is WRONG with me?!?! thud I have lots of reading to do!! Yikes

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:42 pm

It was a pretty good season overall. Rose's character was pretty likeable, Daisy wasn't as annoying, we got to see what Thomas had over Baxter, and best of all, Tom said goodbye to Sarah. On the downside, Mary and Edith's storylines weren't good, and the "murder" investigation was tedious.

Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Lori wrote:
It was a pretty good season overall.  Rose's character was pretty likeable, Daisy wasn't as annoying, we got to see what Thomas had over Baxter, and best of all, Tom said goodbye to Sarah.  On the downside, Mary and Edith's storylines weren't good, and the "murder" investigation was tedious.

Well, it certainly could not have been summed up any better than that, I don't think! Laughing Perfect, Lori! Thumbsup Couldn't agree more. We're inching up to the Christmas episode!! Can't wait!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:43 pm

WHERE IS EVERYONE?? I know that you all watched the Christmas Special, wasn't it amazing!!

I loved every part of it, from the comments made between Barrow and Bates about "being wobbly at both ends" to the awesome proposal of Carson and Hughes. I loved watching his reaction between his asking and her answering, he was so cute.

I think this was the best episode of all 5 years.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Marilyn!!! Amy and I said the same thing today!! Wasn't that just the BEST?? I actually JUST watched the special last night, as I'd been too busy on Christmas, and I was working the day after. So I watched the first half just before I left for work - and then dragged myself away from it, went to work, and watched the second half with DELIGHT when I got home. What a GREAT EPISODE!!! Carson's proposal made me cry. It really did! Love The only thing I don't like is saying goodbye to Tom - and I never thought I'd say that when I first "met" Tom. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 7:04 pm

I watched it via vpn early in the morning yesterday with my ipad in bed and I really couldn't wait to sit down at the computer and watch it on the big screen. Between family function and taking care of my mom, I didn't get a chance to rewatch until today when she was napping. I just loved it, I'm thinking of watching it AGAIN tonight.

I think JF did a great job in ending all of the plots in case another series was not commissioned but I am so glad that we will have a season 6. A wedding, maybe a Bates baby, oh the possibilities.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 7:08 pm

I SO want to see Bates and Anna have a baby. Love They deserve some long-lasting happiness.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:06 pm

Marilyn, I LOVED every minute of it too! And I totally agree---BEST Christmas episode ever and at least ONE of the best episodes ever!! My favorite remains as the one that Matthew and Mary finally get together and he proposes.loveheart But gosh...this is the best FEEL GOOD episode we've had in SUCH a long time. We were all due for that, I think! yes

Lisa, I couldn't agree more about Tom....I LOVE him now and am SO sorry to see him go. No I'm a little ticked off at Julian Fellows for not writing more for HIS character, one that we are so invested in. He brings in these dumb characters who are here today, gone tomorrow, and then doesn't write enough for the ones we LOVE to sustain them and keep the audience interested. I mean, these women who have come in and out of Tom's life, being total jerks? Why couldn't he have written in a new true love for him and wonderful mother for Sibby? Makes me so sad.

Robert gets the father of the year award this season, that's for sure. Love what he said to Tom, love how Tom said "I love the way you love her", and I'm amazed at how he handled Edith's situation too. These people are certainly 'advanced' for this era, lol, but it was nice to see. Thank goodness he is OK....I was a little worried we were going to lose him!!

Basically, starting with the Tom/Mary/Edith 'prayer circle' for Sybil, my tears started and did not stop until the show was over, like a solid 10 minutes!! I read some of the FB group comments and people said, "I teared up" here or there....um, nope, not me---full blown TEARS streaming down the face for me----the Carson/Hughes moment was PERFECT. I can't think of any other way to improve it. I know there were people who were fine with them being 'just friends', but from the very first season I always believed this was going to happen one day. loveheart I am SOOOO happy for both of them, and seeing Carson almost cry? Just beautiful. I love how he says, "I'm not ever going to marry anyone else", basically saying the he will wait for her to decided, that he's not going anywhere. These two are just awesome.

Umm, I can actually SEE Mary with this new guy they brought in---I like him already. And even the guy for Edith! We shall see what comes of it. I'm still having trouble even CARING anymore, lol, but it's not like I don't want to see them happy. So time will tell. I can't WAIT for next season---it's going to be a long summer!!!!

I'm with you Marilyn---I am totally watching the Christmas special over again!! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 9:26 pm

I just finished it. Yes, definitely a great episode. Hate to see Tom go, loved the proposal, and hopefully the Bates/Anna/murder storyline is over. Does anyone remember if it was ever mentioned where Bates got his injury? I thought Robert had a funny look on his face when Molesley said South Africa. It looked like Daisy and Andy were eying each other. He looks too young for her, so hopefully we will avoid Daisy drama next season.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 7:02 pm

Lori wrote:
I just finished it.  Yes, definitely a great episode.  Hate to see Tom go, loved the proposal, and hopefully the Bates/Anna/murder storyline is over.

I thought it was a tad too convenient to hear 'well the witness isn't so sure anymore of what he saw'.  Really, Julian Fellows?!  Really?!?!  Do we look THIS dumb?! Yikes  I hope that drama is over now too...too much of it was very silly, evidence wise.

Lori wrote:
Does anyone remember if it was ever mentioned where Bates got his injury?  I thought Robert had a funny look on his face when Molesley said South Africa.

Do you mean the limp in his leg? It was a war injury, I know that much.  I notice sometimes he limps more than others, but I remember reading something about Julian Fellows saying it could act up sometimes more than others, where he may limp more or need the cane more.

Lori wrote:
 It looked like Daisy and Andy were eying each other.

I really do need to watch this a second time....I missed the part about Mosely saying anything about South Africa and I missed Daisy & Andy eyeing each other.  Oh please no!!!

Lori wrote:
 He looks too young for her, so hopefully we will avoid Daisy drama next season.

Personally I just hope to avoid Daisy next season! HeeHee  I simply can take no more of her! Yikes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:00 pm

Aww, I love all of the regular characters in the house. Rose was annoying at first but I liked her. the only ones I haven't liked were Jane and Vera. Daisy is sweet. I love seeing her with Mr. Mason.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:02 pm

Amy wrote:

I thought it was a tad too convenient to hear 'well the witness isn't so sure anymore of what he saw'.  Really, Julian Fellows?!  Really?!?!  Do we look THIS dumb?! Yikes  I hope that drama is over now too...too much of it was very silly, evidence wise.

YES! I completely agree. I mean REALLY. . . The witness came forward MONTHS after the incident took place, and was sure enough to go to the police, and to pick Anna out of a lineup. . . And then all of the sudden, "Oh. The witness isn't so sure anymore." That was such a sloppy handling of the whole storyline. No

Lori wrote:
Does anyone remember if it was ever mentioned where Bates got his injury?  I thought Robert had a funny look on his face when Molesley said South Africa.

I don't remember if that was ever mentioned. I know that they said he was injured during the war. Maybe the look on Robert's face was due to still being surprised at what Molesley and Baxter had done for Bates.

And I can't remember if I mentioned this earlier or not (and I can't scroll back far enough to see my post), but I LOVE the relationship between Violet and Isobel. loveheart I absolutely loved the exchange between the two of them on the platform at the train station. HeeHee "It makes me wonder what they'll be shooting at by the end of the weekend" - or something like that. . . and then the two of them laughing together. I love that they've become such good friends.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 6:38 pm

Savannah wrote:
Amy wrote:

YES! I completely agree. I mean REALLY. . . The witness came forward MONTHS after the incident took place, and was sure enough to go to the police, and to pick Anna out of a lineup. . . And then all of the sudden, "Oh. The witness isn't so sure anymore." That was such a sloppy handling of the whole storyline. No .

Agreed. It is so infuriating when they take the easy way out.

I loved this Christmas special much better than the last two. Rose isn't quite as annoying anymore now that she's married, and it's nice to see her father-in-law on her side now. I'm eager for the next season.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:10 pm

I should probably watch the episode again. I just got the feeling from Robert's reaction that the pub owner was remembering a different guy because Bates didn't get injured in South Africa. But it could all be in my head because I really want an end to this storyline. HeeHee

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Here we go, one last time. Filming for series 6 is over and starts on itv next month.
I'm sad that it's ending but looking forward to finding out what happens next.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:37 pm

I'm not feeling the need to watch as much as I did the past few seasons. Maybe it's because I know it's over.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Really?? I'm sad that its ending but I want to know HOW it all ends. I have all the seasons on dvd so I can watch then anytime. I will always love this show as I do LHOP.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD   Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey SPOILER THREAD
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next