Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"COUNTRY GIRLS"

Go down 
+27
bestshowever
LHOTPfan2000
Alice Garvey
Teresa
Praire Girl
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Krissy
amyk
MissOleson
alexczarn
Cetacea
highwayangel
Rhonda
Robinsgirl
Kristina
Prairie Dweller
Amy
Vanesa
GrandDuchessOlga
HarrisonCrosby4387
ChristinaAL
jes9
JW
Savannah
Carol
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" Happy010

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyTue Feb 20, 2007 12:02 am

“Country Girls”

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Line

Laura and Mary start school for the first time. That is where they meet Nellie Oleson, who frequently refers to them as "country girls". Since Laura hasn't been to school before, she tries especially hard with her schoolwork. The students have to write an essay to present in front of the class. Laura recites what she would have written on the paper if she could have, instead of what was actually written on it.

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Country1

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Country2

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Country3

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Sunflowerfence

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Country4

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Country5

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Country6

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Report “Snipes, snipes! Long legged snipes! [rotfl] That’s what they say to Laura & Mary the very first day they go to school. I think I have asked this before…. But what does that mean? I think they were teasing them because their dresses were too short, which made their legs look long like some bird? haha Anyway, another lovely episode! Thumbsup I like when Laura asks her Ma: “Ma… how long is this learning gonna take?” LOL Again, we see the love the Ingalls had for each other. The night before the day they had to read their essays, Ma tells Laura they wouldn’t laugh at her, and she hugged her, but we can see she was a little worried. It is sooooo sweet when she makes the dresses for her girls. I LOVED the speech Laura gave and Caroline’s reactions. A beautiful episode! Applause

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Horses10
Back to top Go down

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 11:00 am

Yes,This was a good esp..I also love the essay she made about her mother,It was soooo sweet....
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"COUNTRY GIRLS" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 1:06 pm

I LOVE the entire first season, and this is one of my favorites. It also rates very high with my nine-year-old niece. grinsmiley The girls look so doggone cute in this one! Y'know.........it usually takes a while for characters to "gel"..to really feel like they're a family. But with Little House, they right away felt right. There wasn't an unfamiliar, or uncomfortable sense in them. They just fit together.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" Happy011

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Love This Very Much

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Jacobk10"COUNTRY GIRLS" Jacob210
Back to top Go down

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyMon Feb 26, 2007 4:16 am

very good j episode ' liked a lot
(holds peasants! ) Thumbsup "COUNTRY GIRLS" Vachelu6 . "COUNTRY GIRLS" Vache2lo8
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyTue Feb 27, 2007 10:23 pm

This is a great episode and one of my favorites. Laura's essay is just great, and so is Miss Beadle's response to seeing the real written essay.

"COUNTRY GIRLS" JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyThu Mar 15, 2007 10:30 pm

Savannah wrote:
I LOVE the entire first season, and this is one of my favorites. It also rates very high with my nine-year-old niece. grinsmiley The girls look so doggone cute in this one! Y'know.........it usually takes a while for characters to "gel"..to really feel like they're a family. But with Little House, they right away felt right. There wasn't an unfamiliar, or uncomfortable sense in them. They just fit together.

What a perfect way of describing it, Savannah! You're right, the characters did just fit together like a family, and they were easy to "love" and be familiar with right away. I'm sure I've thought that before but never actually said it that way. I love this episode b/c, among other things, it shows how much Laura loves her mother and wants to make her proud. She tries so hard with school, and Miss Beadle is such a wonderfully patient teacher too.

"COUNTRY GIRLS" ChristinaKeeper2 "COUNTRY GIRLS" 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 9:45 pm

I love this ep,It's on the dvd we just got. (season 1)
I've watched it the most.I love the part where Laura and Miss Beadle are reading,and Laura learns about the silent E and L!!

Nikki,
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 9:30 pm

This was really cute, however it was really depressing when the little girl cut her hair.

I can't believe how small Melissa Gilbert was in this one.

You could tell that the little girl had a wig on. I knew when the epi started her hair looked kind of strange, lol.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 10:05 am

This episode makes me cry no matter how many times I have seen it. Like someone said about how sometimes it takes awhile for the characters on a show to really feel real, it wasn't like this for this show. This episode the love that a mother can have and vice versa the love that a child can have was truly apparent.
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 6:44 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
You could tell that the little girl had a wig on. I knew when the epi started her hair looked kind of strange, lol.

Melissa´s?

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Audrey
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 7:42 pm

No the blonde girl that cut her hair off. She was also the actress that played Amiee Godsey on The Waltons.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 5:33 am

Ah okay... didn´t quite understand hehe. But yeah that was so clear it was a wig

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Audrey
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" Bokmal10

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:05 am

I love this episode. It has a sense of "beginning" that fit very much to it. You begings to be acquainted with the characters of the show and how Walnut Grove life is. I never get tired to see this one...And yes, it's very sweet to see the girls being so little and cute. Love

Vanesa.

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 8:04 pm

I saw this one again today for probably the fourth time in the last year, and I never get tired of it. It's exceptionally good.
:lhotprules:

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" Love-s10

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 8:02 am

Savannah wrote:

That's exactly the feeling I get with this show too. They were believable, right from the get-go.

Country girls still stands as one of my all time favorites. This is the episode that really showcased Karen Grassle's acting skills for the first time. Her first meeting with Harriet, her scene bringing the material home, her reaction to Laura's poem in the school room...just great GREAT acting. Is it just me, or do we simply not see acting like this anymore?!

The girls really ARE adorable in this one...some of Melissa Gilbert's facial expresions just melt my heart in these early epies...she certainly had a gift! Thumbsup

Oh, and I caught a line I guess I never even paid much attention to before! When Laura asks how long this learnin' is gonna take, and Ma says, "If we're smart we start when we're born and we don't stop until the Lord calls us home"...or something like that. What an amazing line!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 3:08 pm

I enjoy this episode for many reasons. The main reason is that a few parts of the episode were straight from the movie.

I love the part where Laura starts singing Uncle Jon. That would've taken guts to do!

The Harriet/Caroline rivalry (of sorts!) had a nice beginning... it was also a nice introduction to having Caroline bringing eggs into town to sell.

Amy: The girls really ARE adorable in this one...some
of Melissa Gilbert's facial expresions just melt my heart in these
early epies...she certainly had a gift!

They are! The way Melissa says "Just wait until you see Miss Beadle!" is so well done!

"COUNTRY GIRLS" PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" Love-s10

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Oh, I know Prairie Dweller, I love that line from Laura about Miss Beadle! I think MG is just at her sweetest in this epie. Love

And I love that we get to see Laura's little 'personality' really come out in this episode (I think for the first time, really)---Nellie really gets her dander up and that "I said we're playing Uncle Jon" line totally showed that she wasn't going to take nuttin' from nobody! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 11:27 am

Amy wrote:
---Nellie really gets her dander up and that "I said we're playing Uncle Jon" line totally showed that she wasn't going to take nuttin' from nobody! Wink

Laughing Laura is soooo cute there! lol

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Horses10
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" Bokmal10

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 12:44 pm

yes, this was another emotional episode for me! I was proud of Laura and Mary for going to school and being proud of the fact that they were "Country Girls". this was also one of the episodes where I got soo mad at Nellie Oleson!
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" Goodsi10

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 10:57 pm

I just finished wathcing this episode. I love it when Caroline stands up to Mrs. Oleson about the eggs and the yard goods. I love her line "I believe it is customery for the chooser to do the buying" I got a chance to say that the other day. I felt very important. The only thing I didnt like is when Mary slapped Laura for touching the material. That never would have happened. But everything else was great. I almost cried during Laura's essay. Was that Willie that was reading first? I was so proud of Carrie because I understood what she said!

"I wanna new dress mama daddy"

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:35 am

Quote :
The only thing I didnt like is when Mary slapped Laura for touching the material.

Don't touch! You'll get it all grubby!

Quote :
Was that Willie that was reading first?

Yeah, that was Willie. He was really little in this one.

I'm not sure if this is bad sound in Hallmark's copy of this episode, but I've noticed that when Laura and Caroline are outside the school discussing Laura's real essay, you can hear a loud buzzing sound that sort of sounds like an airplane. Anybody else notice that?

Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" Goodsi10

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 11:09 pm

I didnt notice but I will go check again.

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 4:18 pm

we were introduced to Nellie Oleson and her meanness in this episode. apparently she could never be nice, even when she was young and she had new schoolmates!
Back to top Go down

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:27 am

This is one of my favorites from the first season. Laura's essay about Caroline was sooo sweet and I liked the way Miss Beadle handled it. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" Empty

Back to top Go down

"COUNTRY GIRLS"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next