Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"COUNTRY GIRLS"

Go down 
+27
bestshowever
LHOTPfan2000
Alice Garvey
Teresa
Praire Girl
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Krissy
amyk
MissOleson
alexczarn
Cetacea
highwayangel
Rhonda
Robinsgirl
Kristina
Prairie Dweller
Amy
Vanesa
GrandDuchessOlga
HarrisonCrosby4387
ChristinaAL
jes9
JW
Savannah
Carol
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Happy010

"COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Here is a picture I found from this episode Smile

"COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Amy1126b1

"COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Good thing Harriet has her sunglasses on....wouldn't want her to be blinded by that prairie sunshine...... "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 440956

"COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Rhonda10"COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
highwayangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 26
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:53 pm

That's a real neat shot, I can hear Alison repeating in her head country girls, country girls! I have heard that Katherine was so wonderful with the children on the set. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cetacea
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:36 am

I sure love this episode. Mary and Laura seems so small. I also like how the put things from the pilot into this episode. Like the part were they have to buy a slate-pencil for their slate. Mary wants to use her pennie, which she got on christmas. I really enjoy that part.

Willy also was sooo cute.

And the whole part with "do unto others"^^ So funny and so true!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:49 pm

This has to be one of my all-time favourite episodes!
Laura's sweet speech about her Ma. Love

Also, one funny thing, when Nels claps after Laura's speech(Harriet doesn't clap much), Harriet looks back at him like she wants to say, "Nels!"('cause He didn't really clap for Nellie)

I love the opening tune/song... loveheart

"COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:14 pm

alexczarn wrote:
Laura's sweet speech about her Ma. Love

Isn't that just a killer? It gets me weepy-eyed every time I see it. bawling

alexczarn wrote:
Also, one funny thing, when Nels claps after Laura's speech(Harriet doesn't clap much), Harriet looks back at him like she wants to say, "Nels!"('cause He didn't really clap for Nellie)
I know. I love that. Laughing

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:18 pm

I love the adoring look that Laura gives Ms. Beadle after Ms. Beadle has seen her essay and made her comments. That is so cute.

And of course I love Laura's speech about Ma. So often it seems that Laura is "Pa's girl," but I like that we see she loves Ma as much as Pa.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:25 am

Yes. Laura also saids she is kore like Caroline than like Pa in "The Last Farewell". Laura admired very much her Ma, even if it seems that Ma's favorite was Mary.

Vanesa.

"COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:52 am

I think both Pa and Ma loved all their girls equally, but maybe in different ways. I wish the series had better developed Pa and Ma's relationships with Carrie and Grace. I don't feel like we really have any big relationship scenes, for example, between either parent and Carrie, or if there was, I have forgotten.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:22 pm

I rewatched this one. It is definitely my favorite episode of Season One now. I was crying my eyes out. (Usually if I cry my eyes out watching something, it is likely to be one of my favorite shows or movies.)
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:14 pm

This could almost be a scene from 'Country Girls' lol

"COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 The_new_girls_in_town_by_retrogrlfan
©2008-2011 ~retrogrlfan

"COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:42 pm

I reckon it is! HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:41 pm

loved this one. I just watched this esp today. I so understand how laura want to spack nellie in the face. Laughing

So girls who had short dress.Meant familes that were poor? That's why they were teased?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:17 pm

I think the dresses were short because the girls kept growing, but the family could not afford a new dress that would have been the appropriate length. Doesn't Caroline even say something about there not being any more hem to let down?
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:20 am

Here, for once, we have some events that really happens in the book. The whole trouble with the short dresses is told in "On the Banks of Plum Creek" and in a very similar way you could see in this episode. Here you go:

"...Laura kept on going nearer and nearer all those eyes, and suddenly, without meaning to, she swung the dinner- pail and called out: " You all sounded just like a flock of prairie chickens!"

They were surprised. But they were not as much surprised as Laura. She was ashamed too. Mary gasped: "Laura!" . Then, a freckled boy , with fire-colored hair yelled: "Snipes yourselves! Snipes! Snipes! Long-legged snipes!"

Laura wanted to sink down and hide her legs. Her dress was too short, it was much shorter than the town's girl dresses. So was Mary's. Before they came to Plum Creek, Ma had said they were outgrowing those dresses. They bare legs did look long and spindly, like snipe's legs.

All the boys were pointing and yelling: "Snipes! Snipes!".

Then, a red headed girl began pushing those boys and saying: "Shut up! You make too much noise! Shut up, Sandy! ", she said to the red-headed boy, and he shut up..."

Very similar to the television episode, isn't it? Smile

Vanesa.

P.S: Yes. Caroline mentions there's no more hem to let down in both dresses...

Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I did not remember about that being so closely matching the books. I do wish some other things had more closely matched the books, but I know that adapting books to TV shows cannot always be so easy. (Plus, they maybe would have run out of material if they only used the book material for the shows, I think.)
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:55 pm

amyk wrote:
(Plus, they maybe would have run out of material if they only used the book material for the shows, I think.)

That's why they freelanced. A LOT.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:47 pm

I think they could have done a better job in this sense.And without being a boring TV show. As for running out of the books I suppose they must have done it , yes, but they could have the plots of the books lasting a little more adding more details to the original story or focusing in asecondary character or something ...What I find somewhat sad is that they CHANGED the story completely (The Ingallses living in Walnut Grove for ever, inventing a town named Winoka inestead of calling it Burr Oak, adding characters that didn't existed and ignoring others that were imprtant for the plot). I think that not adding Laura's female friends was a really bad thing, and that they could show them fighting to found De Smet. THis must have been a very dynamic plot... Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Ya.It been nice if they would of gave her the same friend for the whole show.instead of new ones.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:30 pm

I loved this episode.......And to see Nellie for the first time was priceless
"country girls"

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:17 am

Country Girls is my favorite epiosode from season 1. Miss Beadle was kind and understanding after seeing Laura's paper. I wish they would have let Mary read her's after Laura.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:30 am

I loved this episode, every time I watch it, it reminds me why I liked it so much years ago.

Everyone is so young and bright-eyed and such good actor's for their ages. I also remember how Nellie got her part reading that essay...it was so her. Laura's was from the heart and was what the show was all about.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:33 am

amyk wrote:
I think both Pa and Ma loved all their girls equally, but maybe in different ways. I wish the series had better developed Pa and Ma's relationships with Carrie and Grace. I don't feel like we really have any big relationship scenes, for example, between either parent and Carrie, or if there was, I have forgotten.

I think they were too young at first. I suppose Ma could have been shown baking cookies with Carrie while talking to Charles about something but they seemed to center on what the plot was and not so much on background. Grace was shown for a few seconds on occasion playing with Caroline on the bed, Charles might kiss her etc. but you're right, they both didn't hold or cuddle them much. I suppose it might have taken even more "takes" with kids that young though.
I do love the Plum Creek Christmas show though because Carrie picks the star and Charles helps her put it on the tree, at the end, a real family feel. They also make gifts for Carrie and each other.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:05 am

Teher's another episode, "Family Quarrel", in which you can see Ma and Carrie making apple turnovers. I think it was sweet. Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:42 pm

One of my favorite shows. I wonder why (my only nit-pick) Laura was asked to read an essay when she could barely read and write? It she stood and read, "She cooks, she sews" she would have been embarrassed compared to the other children.

That's the first time other people in Walnut Grove really get to see how lucky the Ingall's really are even if they have little in the bank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "COUNTRY GIRLS"   "COUNTRY GIRLS" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"COUNTRY GIRLS"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next