Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Black Friday

Go down 
+28
Honeybee
julmer70
Kamberley
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
I Love Dean
Teresa
alexczarn
Gin
Lori
JW
MissOleson
LM
flatbroke
Rob
Carol
Samantha
susansmoose
Lily
Farmer Girl
Amy
pamh36
edwina
bethandmanly
Savannah
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
emilyanneoftheprairie
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Black Friday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 5:10 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
LindsayCrouseFan wrote:
Well, to me, Christmas is about Christ, not about doorbuster sales. I was talking to a few of my friends, and we agreed that Christmas has gotten too commercial, and people forget what it's all about. JMO.

Exactly. What are we teaching our children if we're so busy buying gifts that we don't share with them the spirit of Christmas and the reason we celebrate it.

Glad you agree with me, Cheryl.

Jesus is the REASON for the season.
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Black Friday - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 8:41 pm

I didn't go this year.

I've been a few times before, and thankfully there have never been any reports of people "going insane" and people getting hurt in my area. I hope it'll stay that way.

I've never been one to camp out overnight, either. I get there when I get there. No biggie. The sales are usually for items I don't intend to buy, anyway.

Speaking of how some people forget why the day exists... Here's my friend's take on why money is so scare during Christmas - "It's to show us that money and material things are not important for Christmas. If we have no money or gifts, the true meaning of the day remains the same." I love that! Thumbsup
When we were kids, my mom told us that if Santa didn't bring us a thing, it's still Christmas...the celebration of the birth of Jesus, and we should be happy for the day itself. Yay, mom! Applause

Happy Holidays!

Black Friday - Page 2 LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Well put, LM!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Black Friday - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 12:23 am

You're mother's a smart woman LM.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Black Friday - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 11:19 am

LM wrote:
Here's my friend's take on why money is so scare during Christmas - "It's to show us that money and material things are not important for Christmas. If we have no money or gifts, the true meaning of the day remains the same." I love that! Thumbsup
When we were kids, my mom told us that if Santa didn't bring us a thing, it's still Christmas...the celebration of the birth of Jesus, and we should be happy for the day itself. Yay, mom! Applause

Happy Holidays!

I love that too, LM. I think we're all struggling in some way this year, and we all need to focus on this. Thanks for sharing that. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 8:43 pm

LM wrote:
I didn't go this year.

I've been a few times before, and thankfully there have never been any reports of people "going insane" and people getting hurt in my area. I hope it'll stay that way.

I've never been one to camp out overnight, either. I get there when I get there. No biggie. The sales are usually for items I don't intend to buy, anyway.

Speaking of how some people forget why the day exists... Here's my friend's take on why money is so scare during Christmas - "It's to show us that money and material things are not important for Christmas. If we have no money or gifts, the true meaning of the day remains the same." I love that! Thumbsup

Happy Holidays!

That is a wonderful way to put it! Thumbsup Being with loved ones to celebrate the day and being there together is also a gift in and of itself.

Black Friday - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Black Friday - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 9:27 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
You're mother's a smart woman LM.

Amen, Cheryl!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Black Friday - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Have any of you ever gone? Have any of you seen anything that desirable that you had to go out at 3:00 in the morning and risk getting trampled on? Or has anyone even gone later in the day? Were there still loads of people out then?

I have never done it. And I am always really curious to know who has, what it was that they went for and did they actually get it.

I went a couple of years ago at about 11:00 in the morning (mainly because there was this dress form I wanted and it was pretty cheap). There really wasn't anyone around. It was pretty nice. And from what I have heard, it is even better going later that night because the stores are really empty then and you can still get good deals. Yet, you always hear that there are crowds of people out the day after Thanksgiving and I really didn't see anyone.

Anyway, with the recent news stories about this lately (well, the one I saw today was about stores opening up ON Thanksgiving instead), it just made me curious. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Black Friday - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:29 pm

I have done and never will again. I was at WalMart at 9:30 AM one time... it was a complete ZOO. I was walking with my cart and this guy is speeding his way to cross me and actually blew a horn which made me stop in my tracks and he flew past me... LOL It felt like a nightmare. Black Friday - Page 2 Panicsmiley I then went to Kohls and waited for like an hour in line to pay for my stuff... Black Friday - Page 2 Shopping

Too many people for me. Anyway, now there also black Friday deals online soooo... I am avoiding the herd this time... lol and sit quietly in front of my computer while I sip some hot cocoa and click and click and click away to get my goodies.

Black Friday - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Black Friday - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Black Friday - Page 2 135245 Carol! That video! Yikes, though - sorry to hear about your experience with Black Friday shopping.

I've gone Black Friday shopping, and might do it again this year if there are any really good bargains....But I live in a town that's small enough so that people still actually tend to be nice, even on Black Friday. We know one another pretty much by face, even if not by name - and that seems to tend to make everyone remain well-behaved. If that starts to change, I'm out of there.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Black Friday - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Well i don't think Canada has Black Friday But they have Boxing Day right after Christmas It is pretty much the same thing I have gone some years Just to get some good deals on movie and i always did lol i am thinking of going again this year Smile

Black Friday - Page 2 Jacobk10Black Friday - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:21 am

Like Carol, I went once and won't do it again. If I end up paying a few extra bucks for things so be it. Better than me being in jail for popping some nasty person trying to run me over.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:24 am

I have almost always gone shopping on Black Friday. I don't think I'm going to do Walmart anymore though. We are almost always at my parents' house for Thanksgiving, so Gary and I go shopping before anyone is awake. The Walmart near them does not close so people are in the store all night and grab up the stuff as they set it out. Then they wait in the store until 6 when the prices go into effect. We'll probably just go to the mall this year.

Black Friday - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Black Friday - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:42 pm

I have never shopped nor will I EVER shop on Black Friday.....I worked it once while at WalMart and it was INSANE!!!! I have been hearing on the news that stores are trying different strategies this year, and some are even opened on Thanksgiving and many are offering BIG specials online.....some with free shipping......so....don't EVER look for me to shop on Black Friday.....must be the bruises you end up with for them to name it that..... Black Friday - Page 2 279394

Black Friday - Page 2 Rhonda10Black Friday - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Carol wrote:
I have done and never will again. I was at WalMart at 9:30 AM one time... it was a complete ZOO. I was walking with my cart and this guy is speeding his way to cross me and actually blew a horn which made me stop in my tracks and he flew past me... LOL It felt like a nightmare. Black Friday - Page 2 Panicsmiley
I cannot believe that man actually brings a horn with him!!! That is kind of the main reason why I would never get up early to do any of that. I absolutely have no patience for rudeness.

Carol wrote:
Anyway, now there also black Friday deals online soooo... I am avoiding the herd this time... lol and sit quietly in front of my computer while I sip some hot cocoa and click and click and click away to get my goodies.
You know, I still have never done that. Actually, I kind of forgot about shopping online for deals! I should make that my plans this year. Black Friday - Page 2 811339

bethandmanly wrote:
Like Carol, I went once and won't do it again. If I end up paying a few extra bucks for things so be it. Better than me being in jail for popping some nasty person trying to run me over.
Agreed. Which is probably what would have happend if that man had used his horn on me! Black Friday - Page 2 46032

Lori wrote:
I have almost always gone shopping on Black Friday. I don't think I'm going to do Walmart anymore though. We are almost always at my parents' house for Thanksgiving, so Gary and I go shopping before anyone is awake. The Walmart near them does not close so people are in the store all night and grab up the stuff as they set it out. Then they wait in the store until 6 when the prices go into effect. We'll probably just go to the mall this year.
If I got up early enough, the wait until 6:00 isn't such a bad idea. If I do go out that day - which wouldn't be until much later in the day - I will avoid Walmart (the place gives me headaches on just an ordinary day). There are a bunch of them here but there are always so many people at each one. Black Friday would be a horrible day there. I also tend to avoid Target. Just too many people standing around or pushing past you without ever even saying "excuse me"! Nobody has manners nowadays, but that is something to talk about some other day. Black Friday - Page 2 263865

Rhonda wrote:
I have never shopped nor will I EVER shop on Black Friday.....I worked it once while at WalMart and it was INSANE!!!! I have been hearing on the news that stores are trying different strategies this year, and some are even opened on Thanksgiving and many are offering BIG specials online.....some with free shipping......so....don't EVER look for me to shop on Black Friday.....must be the bruises you end up with for them to name it that..... Black Friday - Page 2 279394
I worked at Barnes and Noble years ago. They don't really have sales that day (at least then they didn't), but it was still crazy. It was in a mall. So everyone shopping around in there came into B&N. It was so depressing. Black Friday - Page 2 987565 Well, Kmart has been open on Thanksgiving for a few years now. At least they would open that night. So it is funny that nobody mentions the fact that they have been doing it for awhile now. I have always wanted to go that night to Kmart just to see what it would be like. Good deals with less people is definitely more the option for me. Black Friday - Page 2 811339

I do admit to looking forward to Thanksgiving morning, though, for the ads. I wonder if they will have them in Wednesday's paper now instead of Thursday's because of the places that want to open earlier.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Black Friday - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Black Friday - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:55 pm

MissOleson wrote:
happend

This is a rarity for MissOleson... Black Friday - Page 2 185146

Black Friday - Page 2 Knotts04-mayberry
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Nope, never done it. My hubby works for JCP, and the war stories he tells is enough to make me stay home and get the Christmas lights out. My sister on the other hand loves the relay race to the electronic section. I prefer to go on a calm stroll while shopping for my Christmas gifts, before or after black Friday. Thumbsup

Black Friday - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 4:57 pm

Gin wrote:
I prefer to go on a calm stroll while shopping for my Christmas gifts, before or after black Friday.

The largest mall near us is so busy between Thanksgiving and Christmas that you're lucky to find a parking spot and they have tons of parking. I don't remember it being that bad when I worked retail. We were busy, but no one died over anything. Do you remember some guy getting killed at a WalMart last year? That was enough to make me realize online shopping is much safer.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:34 pm

The only shopping I have ever done on Black Friday is grocery shopping. Laughing It's the best time to go because the store is dead. Everyone either already stocked up on groceries while out getting food for Thanksgiving, or they are out shopping at the malls.

I've driven past the malls on Black Friday and have seen the packed parking lots but have never had any interest in fighting the crowds. I'm not much for shopping as it is and the deals aren't worth the hassle of it to me.

Black Friday - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Rob wrote:
MissOleson wrote:
happend

He gotcha! batEyes

Black Friday - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Fife is out in full force!

I'm not a Black Friday shopper, either. I think that last year I may have gone to Toys 'R Us later in the afternoon, and that was a first for me. I usually just stay away from shopping that day. If you buy something at a store, and then it goes on sale, most stores offer price adjustments if you take in your receipt within a week. I just did it last week at Kohls. I bought a Polly Pocket set for $16, and then it went on sale for $12. I just took in my receipt and got the price adjustment.

Black Friday - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:13 pm

I do it all the time at JCP. I love to just send it with Clay. He's does it more than I do, because he has all his floor people do all the price changes.
Oh, I love Kohls. But Clay HATES for me to go there. I usually tell him I need tampons and they're on a blue light special. He knows then I mean Kohls...with K-mart prices!
Makes him mad!

Black Friday - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:50 am

bethandmanly wrote:

Same here. I'm done. The last I went out was maybe three years ago---I was standing in a line around the outside of a Target building, at 4:30am, in the freezing cold, thinking to myself, why am I here again?!?! Seriously, I had like two main things I wanted to get, and I really didn't save enough to justify it. From now on, I enjoy my nice cozy bed the day after Thanksgiving! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Carol wrote:
Check this website out Thumbsup http://www.blackfriday.info/online/
Thanks! I will definitely check that out.

Rob wrote:
MissOleson wrote:
happend

Since it is a rare thing, is it safe to say that you will let me off with just a warning this time? batEyes

pamh36 wrote:
The only shopping I have ever done on Black Friday is grocery shopping. Laughing It's the best time to go because the store is dead. Everyone either already stocked up on groceries while out getting food for Thanksgiving, or they are out shopping at the malls.
You know what? That is actually a pretty good idea. That is something to remember to do!

alexczarn wrote:
He gotcha! batEyes
Yeah, I know! Ooops

Teresa wrote:
If you buy something at a store, and then it goes on sale, most stores offer price adjustments if you take in your receipt within a week. I just did it last week at Kohls. I bought a Polly Pocket set for $16, and then it went on sale for $12. I just took in my receipt and got the price adjustment.
Interesting. I should try that next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Friday
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next