Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Black Friday

Go down 
+28
Honeybee
julmer70
Kamberley
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
I Love Dean
Teresa
alexczarn
Gin
Lori
JW
MissOleson
LM
flatbroke
Rob
Carol
Samantha
susansmoose
Lily
Farmer Girl
Amy
pamh36
edwina
bethandmanly
Savannah
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
emilyanneoftheprairie
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Goodsi10

Black Friday - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:25 pm

MissOleson wrote:
Since it is a rare thing, is it safe to say that you will let me off with just a warning this time? Black Friday - Page 3 129986

Sure. If you want to know the truth, that's all anybody ever gets. Black Friday - Page 3 771460
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:46 pm

I've noticed that Fife is going easy on the grammar mistakes lately. Gin should be happy about that. LOL! I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist. Gin knows that I love her.

Black Friday - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:05 pm

we don't have black friday in canada.. we have boxing week in canada afther xmas.
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:49 pm

I love, love, love Black Friday. My sister and I will be shopping in the morning, follow it up with lunch together. Then I get my second chemo treatment in the afternoon. Hey.. I ain't gonna miss a good sale. LOL

Black Friday - Page 3 Dd4
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:50 pm

Lorrie, you are TOO funny!! Laughing

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Rob wrote:
Sure. If you want to know the truth, that's all anybody ever gets. Black Friday - Page 3 771460
Well, that is good to know! I can breathe a sigh of relief now! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:49 pm

I've been in battle, I've been to Black Friday.

I'd go back to battle before I'd go back to a Black Friday. There's not a man alive who could take on those crazy women.

I DO go to the sales the day after Christmas...
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:52 pm

I did hear a funny saying the other day; "Nobody goes to Black Friday because EVERYBODY goes." There's irony in there somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:19 pm

That's like what Yogi Berra said about a well-known restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded." Black Friday - Page 3 811339
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:12 pm

flatbroke wrote:
I've been in battle, I've been to Black Friday.

I'd go back to battle before I'd go back to a Black Friday. There's not a man alive who could take on those crazy women.

Ah, so true Larry. I can't even imagine my dad or hubby agreeing to go. However, my hubby fights another battle, working at Best Buy. He has to be there at 4:30 on Friday, and is working until midnight on Wednesday night, to prepare for it. thud

flatbroke wrote:
I DO go to the sales the day after Christmas...

You know, I sure do wish we could just buy our Christmas presents then and celebrate a couple days late! batEyes Somehow I don't see the kids going for that. Yikes HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Black Friday Deals!   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Laura Ingalls says:
Black Friday - Page 3 200px-Laura_ingalls_wilder_normal "I just scored these babies for half off!!! They usually go for 70 CENTS!!! BOOM!!!"
Black Friday - Page 3 Irons2

greenS

Today I avoided the crowds and found some good deals online. I got myself a coat for $50 bucks! (saved $185) and some boots for $60 (saved $20) and my mom some warm comfy shoes to wear around the house for the winter for $10 (saved $20)

Black Friday - Page 3 0900631b81c7f224M.tif?wid=180&hei=180&op_usm=1.5, Black Friday - Page 3 0900631b819cb562M.TIF?wid=180&hei=180&op_usm=1.5, Black Friday - Page 3 0900631b81cd3147M.tif?wid=180&hei=180&op_usm=1.5,

I'm a happy camper! Cheer

Did you guys find any good deals today?

Black Friday - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Didn't even try.....My boys came up from Arkansas and I spent the day with them.....Much better than killing myself at the mall..... grinsmiley

Black Friday - Page 3 Rhonda10Black Friday - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Woman Pepper Sprays Other Black Friday Shoppers

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A woman trying to improve her chance to buy cheap electronics at a Walmart in a wealthy suburb spewed pepper spray on a crowd of shoppers and 20 people suffered minor injuries, police said Friday.

The attack took place about 10:20 p.m. Thursday shortly after doors opened for the sale at the Walmart in Porter Ranch in the San Fernando Valley.

The store had brought out a crate of discounted Xbox video game players, and a crowd had formed to wait for the unwrapping, when the woman began spraying people "in order to get an advantage," police Sgt. Jose Valle said.

"Faces were red," shopper John Lopez told ABC News Radio. "This one guy was coming up to my wife going, `Call an ambulance! Call an ambulance!'"

Matthew Lopez, 18, told the Los Angeles Times he heard screaming and yelling.

"Moments later, my throat stung. I was coughing really bad and watering up," he said.

In the aftermath, video showed dozens of shoppers milling around while employees urge them to back up and make room.

It was the only major violence reported at a Southern California store involving Black Friday Thanksgiving holiday sales.

Ten people were slightly injured by the pepper spray and 10 others suffered minor bumps and bruises in the chaos, Valle said. They were treated at the scene.

"People could have gotten trampled," he said. "Good thing there were no small kids."

The woman got away in the confusion, but it was not immediately clear whether she got an Xbox, Valle said.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:00 pm

I decorated all day...I am POOPED! Yikes I almost went out at midnight last night....I do like that stores are opening up earlier now! I could have been in bed by 2:00am! But I wasn't feeling it. Looks like you got some good deals Carol! happy1

Rhonda, I'm sure you're having a blast with your boys! Woo hoo! Applause

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:02 pm

Rob, NO WAY!! thud Wow, what is the world coming too?! I am NOT happy to hear this woman got away. Yikes
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:13 am

WOW! This lady will get away with it yet the police that sprayed the protesters are probably going to get into trouble? ~shakes head~ (Maybe the officers have gotten into trouble. I haven't read anything recent on that.)

I was called in to work, but I wasn't planning to shop anyway. I did purchase some movies on-line...

I was hoping for some good deals on higher end camera products, but there weren't any. Can't say that I was surprised!

Black Friday - Page 3 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 3:51 am

Rob wrote:
Woman Pepper Sprays Other Black Friday Shoppers

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A woman trying to improve her chance to buy cheap electronics at a Walmart in a wealthy suburb spewed pepper spray on a crowd of shoppers and 20 people suffered minor injuries, police said Friday.

The attack took place about 10:20 p.m. Thursday shortly after doors opened for the sale at the Walmart in Porter Ranch in the San Fernando Valley.

The store had brought out a crate of discounted Xbox video game players, and a crowd had formed to wait for the unwrapping, when the woman began spraying people "in order to get an advantage," police Sgt. Jose Valle said.

"Faces were red," shopper John Lopez told ABC News Radio. "This one guy was coming up to my wife going, `Call an ambulance! Call an ambulance!'"

Matthew Lopez, 18, told the Los Angeles Times he heard screaming and yelling.

"Moments later, my throat stung. I was coughing really bad and watering up," he said.

In the aftermath, video showed dozens of shoppers milling around while employees urge them to back up and make room.

It was the only major violence reported at a Southern California store involving Black Friday Thanksgiving holiday sales.

Ten people were slightly injured by the pepper spray and 10 others suffered minor bumps and bruises in the chaos, Valle said. They were treated at the scene.

"People could have gotten trampled," he said. "Good thing there were no small kids."

The woman got away in the confusion, but it was not immediately clear whether she got an Xbox, Valle said.

I heard that on the news!! Yikes

Black Friday - Page 3 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:25 am

Heck NO.From what i seen on the news about black friday in the usa.If i lived theire i wouldn't go to the mall.Not safe.

Over here it's a bit more safe. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

Number of posts : 628
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Black Friday    Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Anyone else a Black Friday nut? I have been spending a lot of my time this past weekend over at GottaDeal looking at the ads & making my list. Looks like I'll be at Wal-Mart at 8pm on Thanksgiving this year. turkeydance
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Black Friday - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:33 pm

I go if there's something I really would like. I live in a small enough town that it isn't dangerous to go. I'll have to check out the site you mentioned. Thanks! I'm thinking of buying a Kindle, Nook, or Samsung tablet, so if something like that is on a Black Friday ad, I'll be there!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:28 am

Not me. I don't like shopping on a normal day, never mind Black Friday.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:58 am

If Canada had that i would probably go, Canada has Boxing day its the day after Christmas Which is perfect i get to buy everything i didn't get for Christmas lol, I will be at the Store at 6am this Year for Boxing day Applause

Black Friday - Page 3 Jacobk10Black Friday - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:55 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Not me. I don't like shopping on a normal day, never mind Black Friday.

I never used to be that way but I am now. Shopping on Black Friday doesn't even remotely interest me anymore. I think it's partly because we've cut so far back in gift giving that it's hardly worth putting myself through it. I went to Hobby Lobby over the weekend and bought a bunch of nice beading at 50% off, and am making Michigan State bracelets for all the ladies on my list---my twin nieces go to MSU and my other niece and sister would love them too. I'll be making them for about $15 each, whereas in the stores they sell for $30 to $40!

JW wrote:
If Canada had that i would probably go, Canada has Boxing day its the day after Christmas Which is perfect i get to buy everything i didn't get for Christmas lol, I will be at the Store at 6am this Year for Boxing day Applause

LOL, sometimes I think we should just wait until after Christmas to give gifts! Yikes The deals are SO good then! But yeah, I don't see the people on my list going for that idea. Whistle Wink

On another note, I heard that Walmart and Target are opening at 9:00pm on Thanksgiving night. Is this TRUE????? If so, that is absolutely rottten to do to their employees. If that's the case, the employees would need to be there by 8:00pm!! OhMy

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Black Friday - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:41 am

grinsmiley I wen't to the mall on Boxing day.NEVER EVER do that again

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:50 am

Walmart and I believe Sears and Kmart are opening at 8 pm on Thanksgiving, and Target is opening at 9. Ridiculous in my opinion. It won't be long before stores will be open on Christmas. I will probably go shopping on Black Friday, but not at the ridiculously early hours. It used to be worth it to go early when the kids were little since you could get really good deals on toys, but now there is not much that we would want.

Black Friday - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Friday   Black Friday - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Friday
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next