Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cakes and Pies

Go down 
+20
Davetucson
Debbie
AaronM
pamh36
bethandmanly
Honeybee
Ruth
Lori
HarrisonCrosby4387
Krissy
Gin
Vanesa
alexczarn
Carol
Misti
Rob
Amy
JW
Rhonda
Savannah
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Purple2

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:34 pm

thud

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 3

Heaven in a Crock Pot.....

Ingredients:

1 box Betty Crocker®️ fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 eggs
1 pouch Betty Crocker®️ chocolate chip cookie mix
Vanilla ice cream, as desired

Directions:

1. Spray 4 1/2-quart slow cooker with baking spray with flour.

2. In large bowl, mix brownie mix with 1/4 cup of the melted butter and 2 of the eggs.

3. In another large bowl, mix chocolate chip cookie mix, remaining 1/4 cup melted butter and remaining 2 eggs.

4. Drop alternate spoonfuls of the brownie and chocolate chip cookie batters into slow cooker.

5. Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 to 3 hours or until cake is set in center. To serve, spoon cake from slow cooker, and top with scoops of ice cream.

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Rhonda10Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Lens12580701_12822633117-up-strawberry-pie

7 Up Strawberry Pie

1 cooked pie shell
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. 7-Up cola
4 tsp. cornstarch
3 tsp. strawberry Jello
1 pint strawberries

1. Mix together while stirring over low heat
2. When mixture has turned clear, remove from heat and set aside to cool
3. Add 1 pint strawberries to the mixture and pour into cooled pie shell
4. Add topping

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:08 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 6472 I think I just found what I'm making for my next church get-together!:

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 532914_533100406741811_504826223_n

INGREDIENTS

1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) - about 36 cookies
6 Tablespoon butter, melted
1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cold milk
1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
2 - 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
3 1/4 cups cold milk
1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I used my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:45 pm

Oh my. thud

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:09 pm

Lisa, I just gained 5lbs just looking at that picture!

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 MarilynKeeper Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 3a8aa4a6cd19d8f1fddbed454f944d43
Cakes and Pies - Page 6 How-to-make

Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Chocolate Cake! thud

Ingredients
1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup oil
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 package Jell-O Instant Pudding (White Chocolate) 3.4 oz
1 package Oreo cookies
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips (extra for garnish)

Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Grease sides and bottom of pans.
3.Blend together cake mix, oil, water, eggs, sour cream, and pudding mix. Beat at low speed (for 30 seconds).
4.Bake for 30-35 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean). Baking time may vary based on size of pan.
5.Crush Oreo cookies (best with food processor) and stir in cream cheese until fully blended. This will be a very thick "filling".
6.After cake has cooled, spread Oreo filling between layers as you stack. Again, it's very thick so you might have to use your hands to help spread it onto cake.
7.In a saucepan over medium heat, melt together butter, sugar, and evaporated milk.
8.Bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute and stir in chocolate chips.
9.Remove from heat and pour over cake (fudge sets up quickly) and garnish with chocolate chips!
10.Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Soap+Mom+3+1223

Hershey's decadent dark chocolate cake!

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cupHERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

"ESPECIALLY DARK" CHOCOLATE FROSTING (recipe follows)

Directions

1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.

2 Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.

3 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with "ESPECIALLY DARK" CHOCOLATE FROSTING. 10 to 12 servings.

"ESPECIALLY DARK" CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter, Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:32 pm

thud
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:08 am

OhMy Now thats a Cake Smile I really need to buy round cake pans i also wanna try the red velvet cake

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Jacobk10Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:52 am

Wow, Rhonda. That look divine!! Love

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Looks like a cake that is so chocolately that you need milk to be able to swallow it.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 3714c637a67fcdae0df423fbb57b3f86

Coconut Layer Cake

Ingredients

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pans
2 cups sifted cake flour, not self-rising, plus more for pans
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup superfine sugar
4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
2/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Coconut Cream Filling
11 ounces (about 3 3/4 cups) sweetened angel-flake coconut
Seven-Minute Frosting

Cook's Note

Sweetened angel-flake coconut is available in grocery stores. You can bake the batter in two 8-by-2-inch cake pans, but the layers will be slightly thinner (place a baking sheet on the bottom rack in the oven to catch any spills).

Directions

Step 1 Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange two racks in the center of the oven. Line the bottom of three 6-by-2-inch buttered round cake pans with parchment paper. Dust the bottom and the sides of the cake pans with flour, and tap out any excess. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and set the bowl aside.

Step 2 In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-low speed until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar, and keep beating until the mixture is fluffy and light in color, about 3 minutes. Gradually drizzle in egg yolks, beating on medium-low speed between each addition until the batter is no longer slick. Beat until the mixture is fluffy again, about another 3 minutes.

Step 3 Alternate adding flour mixture and sour cream to the batter, a little of each at a time, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Beat in vanilla. Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans. Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes, rotating the pans in the oven, if needed, for even browning. Transfer cake pans to wire racks to cool, about 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans, and let cool completely on racks, tops up.

Step 4 To assemble, remove parchment paper from the bottoms of cakes. Split each layer in half horizontally with a serrated knife. Set aside the prettiest dome; it will be used for the final layer. Place another domed layer, dome side down, on the serving platter. Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons of flaked coconut over the cake. Spread a generous 1/2 cup coconut-cream filling over coconut flakes. Repeat sprinkling and spreading process on the remaining layers until all but the reserved domed layer are used. Top cake with the reserved domed layer. Transfer cake to the refrigerator to firm for 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator, and frost the outside of cake with seven-minute frosting. Sprinkle remaining coconut flakes all over cake while frosting is soft; do not refrigerate. Cake can be left out at room temperature for several days.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 7a77d801dd6e29ba13a857840498970a

Hot Fudge Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Pie

Ingredients

For the pie:

1 chocolate graham cracker crust
1 cup peanut butter
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
1 tub (12 ounces) Cool Whip, divided
1 jar (11.75 ounces) hot fudge topping, divided
½ cup sugar

For the topping:
2 tablespoons hot fudge
2 tablespoons peanut butter

• In large bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy. Fold in 3 cups Cool Whip. Spoon mixture into crust and smooth to edges.

• Remove 2 tablespoons hot fudge from jar and reserve in zip-loc plastic baggie for later. Heat remaining hot fudge according to package directions. Spread on top of peanut butter layer. Refrigerate pie until serving time.

• At serving time, carefully spread remaining Cool Whip on top of pie.

• Knead hot fudge in baggie with hands; cut tiny hole in corner of baggie and pipe over pie. Repeat with 2 tablespoons peanut butter and pipe on pie in opposite direction.

• Serve.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Corner_unsliced

Brownie Base (adapted from King Arthur Flour)

12 tablespoons (6 ounces) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) unsweetened cocoa powder
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups (10 1/2 ounces) sugar
3/4 cup (3 ounces) Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/8 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour (or spray with baking spray) a 9 x 9 square or 10" round springform pan.

Melt the butter and stir in the cocoa powder. Cover, and set aside to cool.

Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs for 3 minutes (longer if you're using a hand mixer), then gradually add the sugar, beating 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir in the butter/chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the flour and salt, just until combined.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs. Cool completely.

Peanut Butter Cheesecake

2 pounds (32 ounces) cream cheese
1 cup peanut butter (not the natural kind that you have to stir)
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy cream

Be sure to have all ingredients at room temperature, especially the eggs and cream cheese. This will help keep cracks from forming in the top of the cheesecake.

Preheat the oven to 325°F (if you're doing the cheesecake the next day; otherwise just reduce the oven temperature). Put a kettle of water on to boil for the water bath. Wrap springform pan in 3-4 layers of aluminum foil to prevent (or lessen at least!) leakage.

In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese at medium speed for about 4 minutes, until soft and creamy. Add the peanut butter and beat for another 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for another 4 minutes. Beat in the salt and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well (about 1 minute) and scraping sides of bowl after each addition. Beating at low speed, add the sour cream and heavy cream. The batter will be thin.

(Note: If you're using a hand mixer, you will want to increase the mixing times).

Pour the remaining batter on top of the cooled brownie base. You'll want to leave a little room (half-inch or so) at the very top of the pan, but it should be nearly full (depending on your pan size and your base, you may have a little extra batter which can be cooked in small cake pans or muffin tins).

Place the cheesecake in the pan for the waterbath, and place in the oven. Pour the boiling water in for the water bath, it should come about halfway up the side of the springform. Bake the cheesecake for about 55-65 minutes: it should hold together and appear set at the edges, but there will still be a lot of jiggle in the center. Turn the oven off, and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour. After one hour, remove the cake from the water bath, and let it finish cooling on the counter top. Remove the foil, and refrigerate overnight.

Ganache Topping

5 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
3 fluid ounces heavy cream

Place the chopped chocolate in a medium-sized bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a boil, and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for one minute, then stir until smooth. Let the ganache cool to lukewarm or even room temperature, and then pour over the chilled cheesecake. Spread the ganache evenly over the entire cheesecake, and return to the fridge to set.

Bring the cheesecake to room temperature before serving. Run a thin sharp knife around the edge of the spring form pan before removing the outer rim of the pan.
A warm knife works best for cutting the cheesecake, you may want to wipe it clean between slices.

How To Keep Your Cheesecake from Cracking

1. The water bath greatly helps prevent cracks in your cheesecake, because it makes the cheesecake cook more slowly. The problem is that water almost always leaks into the springform pan. You can use a regular cake pan, rather than a spring form - no leaks, but you have to flip the cheesecake out, and then flip again to make it right side up. That's kinda scary. When using an oreo or brownie base, the small amount of water that leaks in can make the crust a little fudgier which I like. So I usually use the water bath, and wrap it with at least 3 layers of aluminum foil.

2. It's very important to have all ingredients at room temperature. Take the eggs, sour cream, and cream cheese out of the refrigerator way ahead of time. But, of course, life happens, and sometimes you forget! You can fake it if you have to: let the eggs rest in warm water for 10-15 minutes to bring them to room temperature. You can also microwave the cream cheese (not too much! use 5-10 second increments and low power) to bring it to room temperature.

3. Don't overbake the cheesecake. The middle should still jiggle a lot when you turn the oven off.

4. Some people swear by just reducing the oven temperature and letting the cheesecake bake for longer (with no water bath). I've never tried this method, but let me know if you do!

5. Cracks come from quick and drastic temperature changes. The water bath keeps the cheesecake from baking too quickly, and leaving the cheesecake in the oven keeps it from cooling too quickly. Placing a warm cheesecake in the fridge may also cause cracks.

6. Even if it cracks, it still tastes great, so don't worry about it! And if it really bothers you, make a sour cream or chocolate ganache topping and cover it up. No one will ever know.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Choco-Buzz

Choco-Buzz

cake:
•1 cup butter
•1/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa
•1 cup hot water
•2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
•1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
•2 cups granulated sugar
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1/2 cup buttermilk or yogurt; low-fat is fine
•2 large eggs
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract

filling:
•1/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa, sifted*
•1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/2 cup heavy cream
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
•1/2 cup vegetable shortening
•4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted*
*For the smoothest filling — yes, you DO have to sift the cocoa and sugar. If a few lumps don't bother you, never mind the sifting.

icing:
•1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
•1 tablespoon light corn syrup
•1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1/3 cup heavy cream
•3/4 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted*
*For extra-chocolate-y icing, substitute 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar + 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted together, for the 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar called for.

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" cake pan; or line with parchment, and grease the parchment.

1) To make the cake: Melt the butter, and stir in the cocoa and hot water.

2) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, espresso powder, sugar, soda and salt.

3) Pour the cocoa mixture over the dry ingredients, stirring to blend.

4) Beat in the buttermilk or yogurt, eggs and vanilla.

5) Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake for 30 minutes, or until it tests done. (You'll smell the chocolate aroma, and the cake will begin to pull away from the edge of the pan). Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.

6) To make the filling: Place the cocoa, chips, salt, and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat until the cream is very hot, and the chips have softened. Remove from the heat, and stir till the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth, reheating briefly if necessary. Stir in the vanilla, and set aside.

7) In a large bowl, beat together the butter, shortening, and half the confectioners' sugar until fluffy. It'll go through a crumbly stage; keep on beating and it'll come together.

8) Add the chocolate mixture, beating till smooth.

9) Scrape the bowl, then add the remaining confectioners' sugar. Beat again until the filling is a fluffy, spreadable texture; adjust the consistency with a little more cream, if necessary.

10) To assemble the cakes: Turn the cooled cake out of the pan, and cut it in half crosswise, to make two 9" x 6 1/2" rectangles. Using a long serrated knife, slice through the middle of each rectangle to make two halves (a top and a bottom) suitable for filling.

11) Spread half the filling on one bottom piece, using your wet fingers to pat/spread it right to the edge of the cake. Repeat with the other bottom piece. Top the bottom pieces with the top pieces. You should now have two chocolate-filled 9" x 6 1/2" cakes.

12) To make the icing: Combine the chocolate chips, corn syrup, vanilla, and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until the cream is very hot, and the chips have softened. Stir till the chips have melted and the mixture is smooth, reheating briefly if necessary.

13) Add the confectioners' sugar, or the confectioners' sugar/cocoa, and beat till smooth.

14) Spread the icing evenly over the two cakes. Working with one cake at a time, make two vertical slices and two horizontal slices, to yield nine 2" x 3" snack cakes. Repeat with the remaining cake.

15) Serve immediately. For storage, allow the icing to set, then wrap each cake in plastic wrap individually. Cakes freeze nicely if well-wrapped.

Yield: 18 snack cakes.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:07 am

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Applecake

Apple Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Filling and Caramel Pecan Glaze

Serves 8 - 10

Cake with cream cheese filling
2 large apples, peeled and diced
1/2teaspoon nutmeg
1tablespoon cinnamon
1/2cup butter, softened + 2 tablespoons (divided)
2cups flour
2teaspoons baking powder
1/2teaspoon salt
1cup sugar, + 1/2 cup (divided)
3 eggs + 1 egg (for filling)
1teaspoon vanilla
1/4cup milk
8ounces cream cheese
Zest of one lemon

Caramel glaze
4tablespoons butter
1/2cup brown sugar (packed)
1pinch salt
1/2cup heavy cream
1/2cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add diced apples, nutmeg and cinnamon. Cook until apples are soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (f) and prepare a Bundt pan with butter and flour.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together one-half cup of butter with the sugar. Add three eggs, one at a time and beat well. Mix in vanilla and milk. Combine with dry ingredients. Fold in cooked apples.
4. In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, one egg, 1/2 cup sugar and the zest of one lemon. Mix until smooth in texture.
5. Pour half the cake batter into prepared Bundt pan. Spoon cream cheese filling evenly over batter and then cover with remaining half of the batter. Bake for 50 - 55 minutes, or until cake is done. You can test doneness by pressing lightly on the cake to see if it springs back. Cool completely.
6. Prepare caramel glaze with pecans. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar and cook, stirring until sugar is melted completely. Add salt and cream and continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove cake from pan and spoon glaze evenly over cake. Sprinkle chopped pecans over top.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:57 pm

thud

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 105109lrg

Turtle Cheesecake

Ingredients
CRUST
1 3/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted

FILLING
3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ®️ CARNATION®️ Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTLÉ®️ TOLL HOUSE®️ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
2 tablespoons NESTLÉ NESQUIK Chocolate Flavor Syrup
2 tablespoons caramel syrup or ice cream topping
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/4 cup NESTLÉ®️ TOLL HOUSE®️ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
Directions
PREHEAT oven to 300° F. Grease 9-inch springform pan.

FOR CRUST:
COMBINE crumbs and butter in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of prepared pan.

FOR FILLING:
BEAT cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in large mixer bowl until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, lime juice and vanilla extract; beat until combined.

MICROWAVE 1 1/2 cups morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir 2 cups of cheesecake batter into melted morsels; mix well. Alternately spoon batters into crust, beginning and ending with yellow batter.

BAKE for 70 to 75 minutes or until edge is set and center moves slightly. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool completely. Drizzle Nesquik and caramel syrup over cheesecake. Sprinkle with nuts and mini morsels. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of pan.

Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:45 am

This is apple pie like mum used to make, with large pieces of Bramley apple enclosed in rich shortcrust pastry. Douse in cream and get stuck in.
Ingredients

For the pastry
255g/9oz plain flour
pinch of salt
140g/5oz hard margarine or butter
6 tsp cold water
For the filling
3 large Bramley cooking apples, chopped, stewed and cooled
sugar, to taste
caster sugar, to serve
Preparation method
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
Rub in the margarine or butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Technique: Rubbing in

Watch technique
0:46 mins
Add the cold water to the flour mixture. Using a knife, mix the water into the flour, using your hand to firm up the mixture. The pastry should be of an even colour and suitable consistency for rolling.
Divide the pastry into two halves. Take one half and roll it out so that it is big enough to cover an 20cm/8in enamel or aluminium plate. Trim the edges with a knife using the edge of the plate as your guide.
Cover the pastry with the stewed apples and sprinkle with sugar to taste.
Roll out the other half of the pastry. Moisten the edge of the bottom layer of pastry and place the second piece on top.
Press down on the pastry edges, making sure that they are properly sealed. Trim off any excess pastry with a knife in a downward motion, again using the plate as your guide.
Technique: Lining a tart tin: trimming the pastry

Watch technique
1:14 mins
Flute the edges with a pinching action using your fingers and thumb.
Prick the surface of the pastry lightly before placing the pie in the oven. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
When the pie is cooked it should move slightly on the plate when gently shaken.
Slide on to a serving plate, dust with caster sugar and serve.[code]Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Maryhenrysproperappl_67463_16x9

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 44969fc2-ae75-4043-9f57-81ce5538d274

Oreo Fudge Cheesecake

Crust:1 1/2 cups Oreos, crushed well (about 1/2 package) 1/4 cup butter Filling: 3 packages cream cheese, softened 1 cup sour cream 1 1/2 cups sugar 4 eggs, lightly beaten 2 teapsoons vanilla A whole package Doublestuffed Oreos, crushed.

Topping (optional): 1 cup sour cream 1/4 cup granulated sugar Preheat the oven to 300º. Grease a 10 inch springform pan. Combine the cookie crumbs for the crust and butter and press into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.

In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat just until combined. Stir in the remain crushed Oreos. Pour over the crust in the pan. Put the springform pan on a cookie sheet and wrap it with a wet towel; this keeps the outside of the cheesecake from cooking too fast, you don't have to do it if you don't want to). Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Turn the oven off and open the door about 4 inches, but leave the cheesecake in for about 30 more minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for about 30 more minutes. Refrigerate for 6hours or overnight.

For the topping, you can mix together the sour cream and sugar and spread it on top or you can do whipped cream instead. Drizzle on some hot fudge (recipe below) and top with mini Oreos.  Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge: 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz) 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder 1 cup chopped dark or semi-sweet chocolate (or chocolate chips) 4 tablespoons butter 1 teaspoon vanillaMix the condensed milk, brown sugar, and cocoa powder together in a saucepan. Cook until it begins to boil. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate, butter, and vanilla. Store in the refrigerator and reheat before serving.

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 73869c1d-73e9-4f82-81e2-f160e835ba9c

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 PicN4RBIW

Butterfinger Pie

Ingredients:
6 (2 1/8 ounce) butterfinger candy bars, crushed
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip
1 graham cracker crust

Directions:
1 Mix first three ingredients together.
2 Put it in pie crust.
3  Chill

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Butterfingers are my favorite candy bar!!!!!!!!!!

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:17 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Bcae6099021883f26ee7970226fb239b

Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie

Ingredients:
■Pack of chocolate creme cookies (I used Newman’s Own)
■1/4 cup of butter or margarine (room temperature)
■Quart of favorite ice cream flavor (I used slow-churned cookie dough)
■Container of cool-whip
■1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:
1.Combine cookies with butter in a food processor and process until well-combined
2.Place crumbs in the bottom of a greased pie or round cake pan. Place in freezer for one hour. Meanwhile, remove quart of ice cream from the freezer to allow it to soften enough to spread on top of the cookie crust.
3.Remove crust from the freezer and top with softened ice cream, spreading evenly atop the crust then transfer back into the freezer for up to 1 hour (or until ice cream is firm)
4.Remove once more from the freezer and top with cool-whip spreading evenly atop the layer of ice cream.
5.Top with mini chocolate chips and place back into the freezer until cool-whip is firm (I left mine overnight).
6.Remove from freezer in the morning, slice and enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Cake   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:55 pm

Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Holida10

1/3 cup  powdered sugar, divided
4 eggs, separated
¾ cup  granulated sugar, divided
1 tsp.  vanilla
3/4cup  flour
½ tsp.  CALUMET Baking Powder
1pkg.  (4 oz.) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
4oz.   (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2cups   thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
1/2cup  fresh raspberries
1/4cup  fresh mint leaves
Make It
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
SPRAY 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. Line with waxed paper; spray with additional cooking spray. Sprinkle clean kitchen towel with 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
BEAT egg whites in small bowl with mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually add 1/3 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside. Beat egg yolks in large bowl with mixer on high speed until blended. Gradually add remaining granulated sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored. Blend in vanilla. Mix in flour and baking powder until blended.
ADD egg whites to yolk mixture; stir gently with whisk just until blended. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
BAKE 8 to 10 min. or until top of cake springs back when touched in center. Immediately invert cake onto prepared towel; remove pan. Carefully peel off paper. Starting at one short side, roll up cake and towel together. Cool completely on wire rack.
MEANWHILE, microwave 3 oz. chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until melted; cool slightly. Mix cream cheese and remaining powdered sugar in medium bowl until blended. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP. Microwave remaining chocolate and COOL WHIP in separate microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec.; stir until blended.
UNROLL cake on towel. Spread cream cheese mixture onto cake; re-roll cake. Place filled cake, seam-side down, on platter. Drizzle with chocolate glaze. Garnish with raspberries and mint.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cakes and Pies   Cakes and Pies - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cakes and Pies
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6