Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Happy010

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 8:30 am

Interesting thing is that bestbuy.com still has the pre-order link for season 7 in blu-ray still up.

Edited to add: I can't post the link. For some reason it says I don't have the rights to visit the page when I try to include the link.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:58 am

I just pre-ordered my copy of season 7... I can't wait to get it!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 4:08 pm

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
I just pre-ordered my copy of season 7... I can't wait to get it!

Sounds good. I have the season seven Blu-ray pre-ordered on Amazon, but Lionsgate has told people who have emailed them that they aren't releasing it on Blu-ray at this time and while my pre-order still shows up in my account, the link to the product page has been removed from Amazon. I'm waiting to see what happens when October 6 rolls around. If they try to get me to switch to DVD, I will decline because I already own the first six seasons on Blu-ray and don't want to switch to DVD for the last three. I already own all the seasons on Vudu in HD, so I'm not switching to SD just to have a disc.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 8:02 am

Interestingly enough, bestbuy.com still has the blu-ray pre-order link up. I hope for you that they get enough pre-orders that they decide to release it, even if at a later time. For me, I don't have a blu-ray player, and the DVDs look good enough to me, so I am totally fine with the DVD releases.

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 4:54 pm

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
Interestingly enough, bestbuy.com still has the blu-ray pre-order link up. I hope for you that they get enough pre-orders that they decide to release it, even if at a later time. For me, I don't have a blu-ray player, and the DVDs look good enough to me, so I am totally fine with the DVD releases.

The DVD release is good for a lot of people, but as long as I have reliable high speed internet it would only be a downgrade from what I already own on Vudu.  

I noticed that bestbuy and fye still have the Blu-ray pre-order listed and that fye even has a UPC listed for it.  I think Lionsgate sent out a notice to retailers that it was being released and then changed their minds at the last minute.  A few weeks ago, someone on Blu-ray.com posted that they had a contact at Lionsgate who said the Blu-ray wasn't being released and the contact said Lionsgate was going to inform Amazon to remove the listing.  About a day after I read that, the Amazon listing was removed.  It doesn't make since that they wouldn't also inform the other retailers who still have it listed.  I did notice that in the past, Walmart was usually the first site to list the pre-orders for the Blu-ray seasons, but they never listed the season seven Blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 1:04 pm

Still don't have a Blu-Ray player. Most of what we watch comes from Netflix but we still will occasionally watch something on DVD. I really need to upgrade to BluRay. Problem is so little time to watch much of anything these days with work and kids having to do homework, etc. I just think right now would be a bad time to get started on another TV series. My wife bought me the complete Three Stooges on DVD for my b-day in April and it is taking a LONG time to get thru them. Not to mention we DVR movies on TCM and some of those have been on the DVR since Jan.

Too many shows, too little time but I want to get back to watching Little House, it has been off my radar for too long.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 4:21 pm

Hopefully you can find time to start watching Little House again.  I've seen the episodes countless times and still enjoy them.  You will probably really enjoy watching Little House again if you haven't seen any of the episodes in over twenty years.

If you decide to buy Little House, whether on Blu-ray or DVD, make sure it has a gold strip near the top that says Deluxe Remastered Edition.  There was an older set of DVDs released by a company named Imavision that wasn't much of a step up from VHS quality.  The Imavision sets are actually more expensive and are missing many scenes.  Many of the episodes are also sped up by being time compressed by about five percent.  Episodes without missing scenes that were 49 minutes at the original speed finish in about 46 and a half minutes on the Imavision DVDs and sometimes the increased speed makes the actor's voices sound squeaky.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 7:41 am

Saw this on another website: Looks like the last few releases will NOT be on Blue-Ray.

It's been officially reported here at
tvshowsondvd.com/news/Little-House-Prairie-Season-7-and-Complete-Series/21404

Here is the copy and paste from that link.

This past Friday we brought youthe official press releasefor bothLittle House on the Prairie - Season 7: Deluxe Remastered Editionand also theLittle House on the Prairie - The Complete Collection: Deluxe Remastered Editiongift set (in a collectible "little house" package; see below). Both of these titles were described in the press release as being available onOctober 6th...on DVD. No mention was made for Blu-ray Disc versions.

Our readers who are fans of this show, and who have purchased the first 6 seasons of the LionsgateDeluxe Remastered Editionreleases on high-def Blu-ray, were naturally concerned about this, and begged us to check in with the studio about it. After all, as we mentioned in an update to ourreport on July 22nd, Amazon.com had previously shown a listing for a Blu-ray release ofSeason 7: Deluxe Remastered Edition. In our original write-up, we said "we are guessing the BD version info is still to come"...did we guess wrong?

Apparently we did indeed guess wrong. Amazon has since removed the Blu-ray entry for the remastered seventh season, and our inquiry with a contact at Lionsgate resulted in a response saying that they could "confirm that we are not releasing Season Seven on Blu-ray at this time." And, of course it follows that if the seventh season isn't being created for stand-alone sale, then it's not available to be part of a BD complete series set, either.

No reason was given for this retreat from the high-def format for Little House, but if you want to change the studio's mind, don't tell us...visit their social media pages on Twitter and Facebook and let them know! And, to further convince them that folks wantPrairieon Blu, get your friends to buythe existing Blu-ray season sets...vote with your dollars! It's the most convincing argument out there when it comes to business decisions.

Taken from: tvshowsondvd.com/news/Li...son-7-and-Complete-Series/21404#ixzz3iYUUu1Ne
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 1:09 pm

I can't believe they decided to stop releasing them in BluRay. Looks like I will have to buy them from Vudu so I can get them on HD.
For those that have the HD streaming episodes... does it give you the option for second audio? My friend was really enjoying these because she could hear them in Spanish and loved the bluray picture quality.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Carol wrote:
I can't believe they decided to stop releasing them in BluRay.  Looks like I will have to buy them from Vudu so I can get them on HD.
For those that have the HD streaming episodes... does it give you the option for second audio?  My friend was really enjoying these because she could hear them in Spanish and loved the bluray picture quality.  

Carol, I don't believe Vudu offers Spanish...I looked and couldn't find anything with Spanish.....

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:58 am

I'm going to pre-order season 7 this weekend from amazon. I don't plan on buying the complete set. I'm almost finished with season 6. I can hardly wait to see the missing scenes from season 7 episodes.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 6:24 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Carol wrote:
I can't believe they decided to stop releasing them in BluRay.  Looks like I will have to buy them from Vudu so I can get them on HD.
For those that have the HD streaming episodes... does it give you the option for second audio?  My friend was really enjoying these because she could hear them in Spanish and loved the bluray picture quality.  

Carol, I don't believe Vudu offers Spanish...I looked and couldn't find anything with Spanish.....

Yeah... I forgot I could check this myself since I have 1-6 streaming now... and you're right, NO Spanish Audio Yikes
I can't believe they stopped at Season 6 with Blu Ray mad

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 7:03 pm

I just pre-ordered seaon 7 from amazon. I can hardly wait to get it. I'm going to finish season 6 tonight. I have Sweet Sixteen and He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not to watch. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 7:00 am

I can hardly wait to see the missing scenes from season 7. I am anxious to see the missing scenes from I Do, Again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:44 am

Carol wrote:
Davetucson wrote:
Carol wrote:

Yeah... I forgot I could check this myself since I have 1-6 streaming now... and you're right, NO Spanish Audio Yikes
I can't believe they stopped at Season 6 with Blu Ray mad

It is quite frustrating to not be given the option to complete our Blu-ray collections. I've always heard that the restoration was the most expensive part of getting something released on Blu-ray, so Lionsgate has no excuse since the restoration has already been done.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 9:11 am

So the rest of the seasons won't be released?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 10:13 am

Even though I don't buy Blu ray versions, it stinks for everyone else that buys the blu ray ones. I am sorry to hear that Lionsgate will no longer release blu ray ones.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 11:08 am

Shell wrote:
Even though I don't buy Blu ray versions, it stinks for everyone else that buys the blu ray ones. I am sorry to hear that Lionsgate will no longer release blu ray ones.

Same with me. No point in buying them now. If you can't have the full set.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:48 pm

I got season 7 today. I am so excited. I already watched the missing scenes from I Do, Again. Will check others tonight or tomorrow. More Albert scenes. That makes me so happy. Smile grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 8:53 pm

I don't get mine until next week because I ordered it with a few other things for free shipping.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Krissy wrote:
Shell wrote:

Exactly. Why would I want only 6 seasons on Blu-ray?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:46 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Krissy wrote:
Shell wrote:

Exactly. Why would I want only 6 seasons on Blu-ray?

Lionsgate probably doesn't realize how much they shot themselves in the foot with this decision.  I've read comments on other sites from people who refused to buy the individual seasons until a complete set was released because they are used to this happening with tv shows on Blu-ray.  The weird thing is that a series on Blu is usually stopped after one or two seasons if they aren't going to complete it, not six.  

It sucks only having six seasons on Blu, but I figure it is better than none.  I'm sure not getting rid of them.  I read a comment from one person who bought the first six on Blu and bought the complete set on DVD so him and his wife could finish the series.  He said the DVDs are much better than the Imavision versions, but said on the new DVDs compared to the Blu-rays, besides a loss of fine detail, what really suffers is that you lose an incredible amount of detail in the dark scenes.
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 5:00 pm

A quick question is there any special features on season 7 DVD or no?? Like they did with the first 6 seasons.

I'm still very upset about the last email 3 seasons not being on Blu Ray so mad at Lionsgate right now. I tried to call customer service but they are no help at all asking for a email or a person to talk to about this. I'm in the middle of season 6 now.

Thanks,
Chris
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 6:51 pm

Chris40 wrote:
A quick question is there any special features on season 7 DVD or no?? Like they did with the first 6 seasons.

I'm still very upset about the last email 3 seasons not being on Blu Ray so mad at Lionsgate right now. I tried to call customer service but they are no help at all asking for a email or a person to talk to about this. I'm in the middle of season 6 now.

Thanks,
Chris

I don't believe there are any special features on the season 7 DVD since none were advertised. There weren't even any new special features made for the complete series set. The only special features for the complete series set are stuff we got with the first six seasons plus the final three movies.

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE: THE COMPLETE SERIES DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
• Pilot Movie
• Original Screen Test featuring Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert
• Six-Part “The ‘Little House’ Phenomenon” Documentary
o “The ‘Little House’ Phenomenon: Part One – A Place in Television History”
o “The ‘Little House’ Phenomenon: Part Two – In the Beginning…”
o “The ‘Little House’ Phenomenon: Part Three – Casting Walnut Grove”
o “The ‘Little House’ Phenomenon: Part Four – A Day in the Life of ‘Little House’”
o “The ‘Little House’ Phenomenon: Part Five – Stories to Remember”
o “The ‘Little House’ Phenomenon: Part Six – A Lasting Legacy”
• “Look Back to Yesterday” Movie Special
• “Bless All the Dear Children” Movie Special
• “The Last Farewell” Movie Special
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm

No, season 7 does not have any special features like the first six seasons does. I wish they would have done a special with Karen Grassle about the filming of I Do, Again and what her thoughts were about the episode, how she prepared for the crying scene in which she tells Charles she lost the "baby" and about the adoption of 2 more children.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 27 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next