Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sports Talk

Go down 
+9
MandMBubblebath
julmer70
Davetucson
MissOleson
alexczarn
Amy
jes9
Savannah
Rob
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Sports Talk - Page 5 Happy010

Sports Talk - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm a Vikings fan, but I root for anyone playing against the Packers.

My husband and I both went to Iowa State University so we cheer for the Cyclones. Their football season was a struggle but we're rated in the top 25 for basketball. Fred Hoiberg is a great coach! He was a Cyclone basketball star back in the day. He's come full circle now that he's the head coach. He graduated the same year I did from ISU.

Sports Talk - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Sports Talk - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Davetucson wrote:
They are in the mail Amy!

yesss   HeeHee 

Teresa wrote:
I'm a Vikings fan, but I root for anyone playing against the Packers.

My husband and I both went to Iowa State University so we cheer for the Cyclones.  Their football season was a struggle but we're rated in the top 25 for basketball.  Fred Hoiberg is a great coach!  He was a Cyclone basketball star back in the day.  He's come full circle now that he's the head coach.  He graduated the same year I did from ISU.

Thumbsup 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
MandMBubblebath
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MandMBubblebath

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:09 am

This may sound absurd, but I am a Falcons fan. Funny, right?
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Sports Talk - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 8:57 am

My best friend attends the University of Miami in Florida. Last year I watched several of Miami University of Ohio's hockey games (they're a good team!) When I told my friend in Florida, he pretty much just said whatever, because apparently there's a lot of rivalry between the schools because their names are so similar. But this season I'm still following Miami of Ohio's hockey team Hokey 
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 8:19 pm

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 8:21 pm

MandMBubblebath wrote:
This may sound absurd, but I am a Falcons fan. Funny, right?
 laugh3 laugh3 laugh3 laugh3 laugh3 laugh3 laugh3 laugh3 laugh3 laugh3 laugh3 

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Way to go NY Jets! They beat the Dolphins yesterday! WHOO HOO! (sorry, but when it comes to Miami vs. NY, it's NY all the way! I'm still a New-Yorker at heart!). I would be clobbered if I said that out loud around here!

Does that make me a traitor?
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:19 pm

As a matter of fact....................
It Does!

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:24 pm

MandMBubblebath wrote:
Do any of like sports??? If you do, we are probably going to be enemies, or friends, in the sports area. Anyways, my favorite sport is baseball, and my favorite team are the Atlanta Braves. My least favorite team are the National. GAAAAAAHHHHH!! I epsecially (how to put it in nice words) umm, dislike Bryce Harper. Such a big show-off. BLECHHH.

Haha, I support the Braves big time.

Sports Talk - Page 5 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Congratulations to my Michigan State Spartans on winning the Rose Bowl!  What an exciting game! So proud!! Cheer 

Sports Talk - Page 5 Rose_b10

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Sports Talk - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:12 pm

yesss Congratulations, Mimi!! I think I heard the celebratory shouts all the way over here. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Sports Talk - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 7:15 am

That really was a thrilling game!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Thanks guys!  Actually, I let out a blood-curdling scream at our last touchdown, and Brendan wanted to kill me, I scared him so badly!  So that's probably what you heard, Lisa! greenS 

And Rob, wasn't it exciting?  We definitely had some dumb plays, but overall we played well.  Our Spartan defense simply can't be matched. batEyes 

It was even more sentimental for me, considering the last time we won was 1988, my graduation year.  Pretty cool! Thumbsup 

I'm all decked out in my MSU gear again today! Applause 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Sports Talk - Page 5 Michigan_State hi5 Sports Talk - Page 5 BackpedalSports Talk - Page 5 Rose_Bowl
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm

I watched the Bruins vs. Blackhawks hockey game today. The game went into overtime and then a shootout. The Bruins did not win  Blue  but they still played a great game! At one time during the game they were ahead in points. And my favorite player on the Bruins also scored both of the team's goals today Smile 
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Well, that's good, anyway. How is the team doing this season?
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 11:29 am

They have struggled in the past few games. Earlier in January they were on a 3-game road trip, and they only won one game. But before this month is over they have games against teams that they've already beat this season, so I am hopeful for more wins for this Bruins
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptySat May 03, 2014 6:41 pm

watched the first two periods of the Boston Bruins game this afternoon, but turned the game off before the third period started (a really dumb idea!!). I was Especially not happy after Milan Lucic's second period goal was not counted because of "player interference."

I checked the results of the game a couple of hours later. The Bruins scored 4 points in the final 10 minutes of the game to come from behind and win! That's what I get for turning the game off before it's over!  Ooops

Hokey Hokey Hokey 
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Sports Talk - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:15 am

My favorite sports teams are the Tampa Bay Rays, The Denver Broncos and New York Giants. I am a Manning fan. I hope the Giants have a better season this year. I'm not much of a basketball fan. Football and baseball are my favorite sports.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Sometimes in baseball...   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 2:14 pm

...the best things don't happen on the field.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:40 pm

YEP.... laugh3

Sports Talk - Page 5 Rhonda10Sports Talk - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Sports Talk - Page 5 Rhonda10Sports Talk - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Ha!  I think I remember that kid throwing the ball back.  Laughing

Awww, that next one is really sweet.  It's so nice to see those simple acts of kindness.  loveheart
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Someone posted this about the video of the guy giving the ball to the little girl:

Small actions can have great impacts on people's lives. There's also a mutual benefit in kindness: the bequeather receives joy from being kind and the recipient gets joy from the kindness.

The recipient of the gift of kindness may decide to pass it on to someone else in their own unique manner, essentially starting a chain of happiness.

While that's a fun little ideal, we all know it doesn't always happen and go on that simply. However, we can all do our parts to spread a little more joy to each other. Heck, we all need a little boost sometimes... this is something we must all recognize in each other.

At the same time, we cannot rely on others to cheer us up all the time - we must be able to take some control of our lives and do whatever makes us happiest. That includes what I said above - giving others joy once in a while.

It really does work. Even if we won't ultimately be fulfilled, we'll be, on the whole, just a little bit happier.

And that would be just great. :)
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 11:33 am

Sports Talk - Page 5 SoulfulMessyLabradorretriever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sports Talk   Sports Talk - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sports Talk
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next