Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dancing with the Stars 2012

Go down 
+15
Savannah
Misti
ChristinaAL
Ruth
ChristineLovesLHOTP
HarrisonCrosby4387
Honeybee
Krissy
bethandmanly
Debbie
Carol
Rhonda
Gin
Rob
Amy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Happy010

Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Boy, I must be oblivious! I was re-reading posts to see what the heck Amy was talking about...once I scrolled down to type a message I saw it! ROTFL

Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 HummerDancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 MistiKeeperDancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Bookclub5Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:12 pm

I think Melissa was sort of playing it safe on her personal stuff. Just don't probably want to have it splashed everywhere. That I don't blame her for.
I am voting for my favorite actress not Melissa Gilbert the person ...does that make sense. Her talent I guess. I did read her book although it really went against all my hopes and better judgement. I was disappointed in how she wrote it, I do hope she will write a book that has more to do with LH though.
She is safe another week so we shall see how it goes from here. I am sad to see Jack go but SO glad he was able to dance for his daughter. THAT is priceless....we need more dads that get that emotional when thinking of their kids.

Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:10 am

So sorry I'm late posting this!

Here was Melissa's third dance. Score: 24 points!

I can see why she chose to talk about her back. As far as her book... I thought it was too much information that she shared... I didn't care to know a lot of the stuff she shared. My first experience with "image shattering" for me was when I read Shirley Temple's autobiography book and read how she was smoking as a young adult! I said, Not Shirley Temple! LOL I know that wasn't that bad but still lol ... but then I thought to never try and think that actors are like the characters they play. Some may me, but most are not. I remember Alison Arngrim saying how glad she was that she did not have to play the goody goody girl because she saw how for Melissa, a lot of people would probably be disillusioned if they heard her talk or act a certain way. After everything though, I still like Melissa as the person and the actress. Still a big fan grinsmiley

Hopefully she can stick for a couple of more weeks!!!! I also voted happydance

Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm

I was going to reply to your post Carol, but I guess Gin's kind of answers it for me:

Gin wrote:
I think Melissa was sort of playing it safe on her personal stuff. Just don't probably want to have it splashed everywhere. That I don't blame her for.

Which I wish she would have done in her book. Not that it couldn't be a personal story, but this was a really 'tabloidy' tell all book, in my opinion. I hate books where people really 'dish' on other people, and she did that here. It affected me negatively, and I thought it might affect other fans on DwtS. But I'm still voting for her so I could be all washed up. greenS

Gin wrote:
I am voting for my favorite actress not Melissa Gilbert the person ...does that make sense. Her talent I guess.

Total sense. And it's why I'm voting for her too. Smile

Gin wrote:
I did read her book although it really went against all my hopes and better judgement. I was disappointed in how she wrote it, I do hope she will write a book that has more to do with LH though.

Couldn't have said it any better. I know Melissa was 'venting' in her book, but I just felt like it went too far, that she shared stuff I really didn't think we needed to know about her, or other people for that matter. Some of the stuff may have helped people going through her struggles, other things, not so much. Again, it's not because I 'expected' her to 'be' Laura, and certainly I wouldn't hold anything against her for what she went through during her childhood years. But I guess it was the way the book was written that turned me off, which is what you were saying, Gin. I get a little frustrated at her blatant need to be seen as the 'edgey' bad girl, even in her writing style. I think she goes too far out of her way to distance herself from "Laura", which I find disappointing and annoying. Sorry if I'm offending any fans....just have to be honest, and it's all coming to a 'head' for me since I'm watching her on the show. I keep wondering, 'why am I not as into her as I used to be?', and it all comes back to the book. When I saw her on stage in the musical, not 20 feet away from me (had 2nd row seats), I got weepy! It was after that that I read the book, and like Lisa, I shouldn't have. Huh?

Gin wrote:
She is safe another week so we shall see how it goes from here. I am sad to see Jack go but SO glad he was able to dance for his daughter. THAT is priceless....we need more dads that get that emotional when thinking of their kids.

I'll be watching it tonight with my parents. Sorry about Jack too---I think he was such a cutie!! I'm glad Melissa is sticking around longer. I'd love for her to be their 'most improved' this season. It's not that I don't want what's best for her or even that I'm not a fan...I truly do and am. It's just 'different' now, somehow.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Amy wrote:
Again, it's not because I 'expected' her to 'be' Laura,

Same here - I had no expectation that she would be anything like Laura. I had just hoped for some class, which I felt the book was lacking, from all of the reviews I've read, and the comments my friends have made. If she felt that she needed to write all of that stuff down to get it out of her system, that's one thing - but publishing it is another. I'd have just preferred a little more class and less crass. That said, I still enjoy her work on LH, and still wish her the best, in life and on DWTS. I hope she does well. Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 70708
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:05 pm

i'M only watching DWTS cause Melissa is on it. I thought Melissa's book would of been more about little house day's. I thought buying the book that was how it was going to be.Thar's why i enjoyed M>S

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Lisa wrote:
I'd have just preferred a little more class and less crass. That said, I still enjoy her work on LH, and still wish her the best, in life and on DWTS. I hope she does well.Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 70708

My sentiments exactly, Lisa. yes

Krissy, I think she is writing a more 'Little House' based one, isn't she? It seems like I read that somewhere, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:07 pm

@amy.I hope that's true. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Well....we shall see what is in store for Melissa. I thought she did well tonight, although she looked rushed through the whole dance.
She had an injury so she was taken to the hospital to get it checked out....not sure what exactly. Maybe Maks stepped on her jewels?
No, really...hope its not her back.

Roshun was wonderful! DONALD...WOW! The votes were everywhere tonight!

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:07 am

Alison tweeted about Melissa going to the hospital. She's going to be okay. Looks like she hit her head on the floor on the first dip during the dance. She also got whiplash but Melissa said she was going to be okay :-)

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 am

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Here is Melissa's FOURTH dance! Paso Doble Total Points: 22 (I was wishing for higher!)

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:01 pm

I didn't like Melissa's outfit or makeup this week, but the dance was neat. She's a small person, so that dark eye makeup and the layers of dress were way too much for her.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Yeah, I know what you're saying Cheryl, but I think that kind of make-up and dress just come with the territory with the paso doble. I really don't know that much about dancing though, so I may be all washed up. grinsmiley Now, talk to me about figure skating and then I'll know what I'm talking about. batEyes

Um, now let's talk about Carrie Ann's hair, shall we? Whistle It looks aerodynamic! Yikes

Wow, that really was Melissa's best dance. I actually saw 'grace'. Not saying that to be mean...it's just something that has really been lacking, and I didn't see her visibly 'thinking' in this one either. So odd to see Maks fall like that at the end!

Aw, you could just see how proud her son was of her. Love What a sweetie. Who were the other people there supporting her?

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:21 pm

I thought she did really well too. grinsmiley Glad she's gonna be okay too.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:21 pm

I liked her hair....looked a little "prairie-ish" (bite me Fife)
Kind of glad she had it up, served as a little padding for the fall.

Michael was clapping his heart out. It must be such a rush to actually SEE them preform.

Not sure about the other people , maybe girl friends? I haven't seen her mom or Sarah yet. I wish Bruce would show up.

HEY....btw....if someone is snazzy with posting commercials look up one of Fancy Feast cat food. I think Bruce is the dad giving the bride away in that.....let me know if my eyes are telling me the truth.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Melissa suffered whiplash and a concussion. Will she return or will she have to quit? I am so sad she got hurt Blue

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:23 pm

if she quits its not worth watching

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:07 pm

There will be a segment on Good Morning America in the morning on Melissa's fall. Tune in!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Amy wrote:
Who were the other people there supporting her?

I know that the guy is her new boyfriend.

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
if she quits its not worth watching

She really is the main reason I'm watching! lol

Gin wrote:
There will be a segment on Good Morning America in the morning on Melissa's fall. Tune in!

Thanks for the heads up Gin! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:32 am

LOL

Well,I did enjoy watching the lady from the view.I'M sad she was voted off. Blue

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Melissa is once again... SAFE!!!!

Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Cute_cheerleader_girl_with_pompoms_jumping_up_and_down_performing_a_cheer_0515-0910-3113-4021_SMU

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Yep.... just hope the whip lash isn't too bad. She will need to be ready for next week. Have they ever had anyone NOT be able to dance due to injury or illness?

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:17 pm

They had a politic on there....can't think of his name....he messed up his foot pretty bad and couldn't finish...... No

Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Rhonda10Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:54 pm

I hope she will be okay to dance for next week too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars 2012   Dancing with the Stars 2012 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars 2012
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next