Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 7

Go down 
+11
Kathleen Marie
bethandmanly
Teresa
EllieJane
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
Misti
JW
Rob
Amy
Carol
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Bokmal10

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:26 pm

My interview with Debra Poneman, the writer credited for Chicken Soup for the American Idol Soul is available online at http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/57033

I'll also be featuring interviews with:

Stage Manager, Debra Williams
Kim Estep, American Idol fan and mother of contestant Kendall Phillips
John Stevens, who made it to the Top 10 in Season 3
Scott Savol, who was in the Top 5 during Season 4

and others who contributed to this awesome story collection.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 12:00 pm

I can't believe that nobody has posted their opinions yet! You're leaving me hanging?? grinsmiley

(Thanks, Cheryl!)
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 1:55 pm

Well, they all did Dolly Parton songs. I guess they wanted someone with country credentials to mentor the Idols, and Dolly has really big ones.

Kristy gave her all-time best performance, I thought. She did "Coat of Many Colors." Country is definitely her strong suit.

I also liked David Enchilada. He rarely disappoints. I forget the title of the song he did... "Smokey Mountain Memories" or something like that? It was the perfect choice for him.

Also, Syesha did a fine job on "I Will Always Love You," at least while she was singing softly. When she went for the big notes, though, it drew comparisons to Whitney Houston's version, and Syesha was a bit lacking. I still liked her a lot.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:09 pm

I think last nights show was one of the best. I really feel that David C. , Carly and Michael are in the top three. David A. is close behind....then Syesha...Brooke, Jason, Kristy and Raymille. I think the bottom three this week will be Jason, Kristy(maybe Brooke instead...hope not) and Raymille.
They are all getting better....I think David A. has really learned a hard lesson about NOT forgetting the words.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:16 pm

Oh, I forgot about Carly! She did "Here You Come Again," and I thought she was terrific.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:03 pm

LOL Savannah...you're cracking me up! I wish you'd watch with us!! Cheer Cheryl, thanks for the update...I'll check it out when I have some time! Thumbsup

Honestly, I thought last night's show was fantastic! I really enjoyed Dolly, and funny, I really thought that some of the contestants would struggle making her songs 'work' for them, but I don't think anyone did!! I honestly didn't realize just how versatile she is, and how great her songwriting is, really. It didn't really feel like 'country' night to me. I mean, David C. totally made that song work for him (sure, it wasn't last week, but still very good), and omg, Michael Johns!! The BEST I have ever seen him...his voice was awesome and so was his performance...I was drooling! :faint2: There again, I wouldn't have even guessed that was a Dolly song! I still really loved Jason last night...not his best, but still really good, and I voted for him. David A. seriously shined again last night----I totally see him winning this whole thing. He has so much emotion and his voice is just so....pure! He's unbelieveable, and I could tell Dolly was very moved by him.

I still think the guys' talent totally outweighs the girls'. I think Brooke & Carly far outshine the other girls...Syesha is really growing--at least I'm seeing improvement with her, but she still doesn't impress me that much. I liked her last night, just wasn't blown away. Same with Kristy, she's improving, but again, she's just 'ok' for me...not loving her. I agree that was probably her best night though, and she's really becoming more confident! I really think it's Ramiele's time to go. She is stagnant, and she doesn't have the control over her voice that the other girls do, especially in her lower range. Once she is gone, this is going to be some serious competition because this talent is immense. I like Carly, but I probably wouldn't buy her CD. I really love her lower range, and it's not that she can't hit the high notes but they don't seem to come easily to her and I feel like she's shouting half the time. I'm kind of shocked that Simon doesn't point that out. Maybe it's just me. grinsmiley Brooke is my top pick for a female, but if last night is any indication, I'm predicting all males for the top 3. I see either Brooke or Jason as #4 (even though I really adore them both, especially Jason!), Michael Johns for #3, David C. in #2 and David A. for #1! I know it's early to try to call it, but they're all the top talent, IMO, and they all have great fan-base as well, including Jason....I'll be shocked if we see him in the bottom 3 again---I think his fans are going to rally around him now. At least I hope so! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:08 pm

I can tell that Carly was pretty pissed off when Simon started commenting on how she looked mad But she had to put on her "I must remember I'm on television face" Laughing
Simon can you please stick to commenting on the way people sing? I mean, for someone who owns a black shirt for every day of the year... I don't think he's in a position to start talking about fashion :bash:

My favorites last night were David A, Kristy, Carley and Michael. happy1

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Oh, I know Carol!! Poor Carly....I thought she looked like she went from shocked, to mad, to sad, to just plain embarrassed! Some people can handle that well and some people can't. But hey, she's a GIRL...Simon, we girls are sensitive about this stuff!! :sad5: (Um, and WHY can't they discuss this stuff with her off camera? Do the judges never get to talk to them? Or can't they have their people talk to their people?? LOL!). I wouldn't mind seeing Carly change it up a bit too, but it seems like that doesn't need to be discussed on national tv. help

Carol, about Kristy, I thought that was a great song choice for her---she really did well with it and she looked great last night! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:31 pm

My favorite last night was David Archuleta! He sounded wonderful! I do have to agree with Simon's comments about Carly's clothing, however. I know that this is a singing competition, but celebrities are ALWAYS being judged on how they look. Sad as it is, it's true. Carly's outfits have been quite strange the last few weeks. They're just not very flattering. Remember how Clay Aiken's look evolved during his time on Idol? I almost didn't recognize him from his try-outs. I think that Simon's just trying to get them ready for the "real" world of the music business. Unfortunately, his words are going to be far less harsh then the tabloids, when criticizing how a celebrity looks, no matter if they're singing, acting, or both.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Yep, and I agree, it needs to be said, but does it need to be said in front of the world? LOL! That's my thing...I think she could use a style change too (and maybe less eye make-up?! Whistle ), but why can't this all be said and done 'behind the scenes'?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:46 pm

The thing is all these contestants have a fashion consultant that gives them the green light on outfits. They are paid a lot of money and it sucks when a judge is putting you down like that when you believed the outfit was okay since it was given the go-ahead from the high paid fashion consultant.

All I gotta say is that Simon better not cross my path... hehee "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Chace

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:51 pm

I agree, maybe the comments on style could be given off camera, but seriously, if my fashion pro gave me the outfits to wear that have been given to Carly, I'd be like, "You've GOT to be kidding me!" LOL!! Whoever is dressing Carly needs to be replaced. LOL!! Carly needs to have the same fashion pro as Kristi. Her outfits always look so nice and hip. Carly's outfits kind of "age" her.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Amy wrote:
LOL Savannah...you're cracking me up! I wish you'd watch with us!! Cheer

Most of the time that channel doesn't come in on my tv. So I keep up with it through all of you. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 7:15 pm

[quote="Rob"]Well, they all did Dolly Parton songs. I guess they wanted someone with country credentials to mentor the Idols, and Dolly has really big ones.

LOL, Rob!! You're quite the subtle one, aren't you?

Okay, why isn't my quote of Rob's showing up highlighted?

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 8:05 pm

I think it needs the [/quote] at the end. Either that or it just didn't deserve highlighting. :shifty:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 8:19 pm

Rob wrote:
I think it needs the [ /quote] at the end. Either that or it just didn't deserve highlighting. :shifty:

Normally, I'd disagree with you about it not deserving highlighting....But, in this case? Frying pan Wink

And this time, I know that Enchilada is not his last name. :Hahaha:

Rob wrote:
Also, Syesha did a fine job on "I Will Always Love You," at least while she was singing softly. When she went for the big notes, though, it drew comparisons to Whitney Houston's version

Slightly off-topic, but.......My dog Emily would howl pitifully any time she would hear Whitney Houston sing. Didn't matter what song. But I Will Always Love You was the worst.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 8:35 am

ROFL....I must say, that was a good one Rob! grinsmiley

Um, is it just me or did anyone else think that maybe that wasn't the best song choice for Dolly?! Ugh...I wish these guest stars would pick their well known songs, and in her case I think she would have done better with a slow song. And I thought Carly was shouting! Whistle Don't get me wrong, I love Dolly, her singing and her personality, but I didn't think she was good last night. It happens so often when these singers age...

I am thrilled with who went home!! I always feel bad when they actually go, especially Ramiele crying like that. No But I think America got it right! And so happy that Jason wasn't in the bottom three!!! Yay!! OH, SO funny...Ramiele sang that song a million times better last night than she did the night before! Do you guys notice that that happens a lot? You'd think they'd sing worse because of all the emotion, but so many times I think they actually sing it better. maybe because they have even more to prove?

Teresa, I agree with you about Carly...she does always seem to be in those black leggings, doesn't she? The other girls all seem to wear different outfits and styles every week. I will say I thought her make-up looked better than ever last night though. I thought what Simon said was really sweet last night..."I was only trying to help, and you are really cute!" Awwww...

Savannah! You're dog is too funny! Howling at Whitney?! Ha! And "Emily" is the cutest name for a dog! I just love real 'people' names for dogs! Wink

Jacob, I'm missing your reviews this week! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 8:51 am

Amy,
I TOTALLY disagree with everything you said...................just kidding!! Yes, America got it right, yet again. It was Ramiele's time to go. I have to admit, when the results show is on, my husband and I watch it in about 15 minutes. We fast forward through most of it. We watched Dolly sing for 2 seconds, and that was enough. If it's a singer that I love, like when Bon Jovi was on last season, then I'll of course watch them sing. I'm just not that into Dolly. I like her though. She's very down to earth.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:32 am

Teresa wrote:
Amy,
I TOTALLY disagree with everything you said.....

Oh, of course you do. Seeing as we never see eye to eye on anything! "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 NonNon11

Wink grinsmiley

I love Bon Jovi too...but there again, they sang what was their 'new song' back then, and I SO wanted to hear a good classic! I understand why these stars do it, but I just wish they'd give the audience what they really want."American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Accord07

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:40 am

Amy, I'm glad that hubby & I weren't the only ones that picked up on Dolly's singing last night. We watched the results show and after Dolly sang a few lines I turned to him and asked if it was just me or if Dolly didn't sound very good. He agreed. Maybe it is just because she was singing live or maybe because it was a new song? :think:

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 9:41 am

Another thing; I thought that like every year, they had picked a "goodbye" song, but I didn't know it was one of Ruben's. I thought it was another one. Is that the song they play every week?

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 11:12 am

Yes this year Rubens Song always Plays when they leave Last Year it was Chris Daughtry Oh i'm so happy that Ramiele went home i did't see the last part i only saw till Dolly had Sang her song that was't very good by the way then i went to my cousins To pick something up and once i was home I ask who went home My mom and my Sister told me Kristy went boy was i dispointed lol till they told that Ramiele Went home i jump for joy lol I Don't know what Kristy Did in the Bottom three Last night she should of never been there syesha should of been there instead of Kristy i thought Kristy did really Well and Syesha did't do that good but i'm not an American so i can't vote cause i'm pretty sure Kirsty would't of been in the bottom three if my Family had been abel to vote as well

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 3:59 pm

Amy wrote:
Jacob, I'm missing your reviews this week! Wink

Yes I know i did't have time to Post my Review But I'll Give some of it now lol I thought Jason Did really Well i Like him this Week Except his hair of course lol

Kristy Lee Cook I thought it was one of her best I just don't know what she did in the Bottom three? :faint2:

David Cook I Like him for a Change too :Gjob: He Was Very good

David Aruchuleta Did really Good too he does good almost every time he sings

I'll try to Post my Ful Review next week but i won't be suprise if Kristy Leaves Next week she has come far farther then i thought she would i'm so happy that she has come so far already won't mind if she will make it farther yet I Just Hope she gets a Recording Contract ☮

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 4:12 pm

I've been reading up on David Archuleta's dad, and he sounds like a real..............jerk!! He's most likely the reason that David forgot his lines when he sang the Beatles song, "We Can Work it Out" a few weeks ago. His dad wasn't happy with David's singing during practice on that Monday, and started yelling at him, bringing him to tears. No wonder he seemed nervous the following night. That was also the reason Simon made the comment about how he didn't think that David picked that song. It was directed at his father. Also, when David was on Star Search a few years ago, David's dad yelled at one of the 12 year old girls who was David's competition. She ended up winning. He was eventually banned from Star Search. Can you believe that? I feel so sorry for David. I hate parents like that!! I always thought that his dad was a little strange.

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 5:59 pm

OMG, that is so sad. That guy needs to take a hike! That poor little sweetheart. bawling

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

"American Idol" - Season 7
Page 15 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next