Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9

Go down 
+4
Amy
Teresa
Rob
Carol
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 Happy010

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 Empty
PostSubject: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:14 pm

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 American-idol-season-9

AMERICAN IDOL - SEASON 9

Who is watching?

I watched last night. I heard that Simon is leaving???!

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm watching. And yes, this is Simon's last season.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:18 pm

I watched last night, and am about to start watching again this evening. We Tivo it. I'm disappointed that Simon is leaving, but it's been a nice 9 year run for him. I heard where he's going to be bringing the "X-Factor" here to the US, and may ask Paula Abdul to be a judge with him. Idol may go one more season after this, but I don't think it will last without Simon. I think it's run it's course.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 12:02 am

Well, I don't know. Simon's absence might mean a drop in the ratings, but I'm guessing it'll still draw enough viewers to be a big moneymaker for Fox for at least a few years to come.

I've really enjoyed these first two shows! In past years, it seems like the first few audition shows centered on people who knew they couldn't sing, but just wanted to act stupid on national TV. That got old really fast. There hasn't been nearly as much of that this season, so far.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 12:17 pm

I missed both episodes! OhMy Glad to hear it's off to a good start! I'm looking forward to this season, but yeah, I have to think that without Simon this show is going to go down the tubes. I think that first year without him will be a 'curiousity' thing with people, to tune in and see the interaction between the new judges. But most people are waiting with baited breath to hear what Simon's opinion is, and that will be lost. They're talking about Denzel Washington???? I wonder how serious that is, really??? They at least need to have someone in the music business in there, especially now that Ellen is on the team.

I wonder if he is really going to hire Paula for X-Factor? Honestly I think that would be a wise move---she is definitely, ahem, interesting. Whistle And people love the Simon/Paula 'relationship'. I will definitely be checking out that show too.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 12:35 pm

I just don't see who can replace Simon... lol

"Pants on the Ground... Pants on the Ground... Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground"! laugh3
If you watched last night, they you know what I'm talking about Laughing

Oh man it was funny when Mary J. Blige started laughing at the kid who almost died 3 times Laughing

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Carol wrote:

"Pants on the Ground... Pants on the Ground... Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground"! laugh3
If you watched last night, they you know what I'm talking about Laughing

Carol, I was laughing so much when that man started singing that song! laugh3

I've watched both episodes so far. I didn't hear that Simon is leaving the show! as much as I don't like him, he is a major part of the show. I hope Randy doesn't leave as well because I think the ratings would really drop if all 3 original judges were gone.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:04 pm

As much as people "love to hate" Simon, I have always liked him. He says what everyone is thinking, but too afraid to say aloud. LOL! He really is a good guy, though. I've seen him in several interviews, and especially enjoyed watching him the last time he was on the Ellen Degeneres Show.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:16 pm

Teresa wrote:
He really is a good guy, though. I've seen him in several interviews, and especially enjoyed watching him the last time he was on the Ellen Degeneres Show.

Yes he really is a good guy. I was watching a Susan Boyle (you all remember her right? ) special presentation and it was interesting how Simon looked out for her after she didn't win the show. Susan said she felt so down... but Simon reached out to her and told her that it was not over for her, that he could still help her out and look at where she's at now! loveheart

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:25 pm

This is too funny HeeHee