Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs

Go down 
+22
JW
Shell
Honeybee
Krissy
MissOleson
highwayangel
HarrisonCrosby4387
Lori
Coach Jon
Carol
Rhonda
Prairie Wind
Debbie
Kristina
Amy
carolineingalls
Gin
Rob
Savannah
Alice
susansmoose
I Love Dean
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Happy010

Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 am

Just as powerful today as it was 29 years ago.

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 12:51 pm

This still gives me goosebumps! No one has done it this way since!

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:33 pm

This made me laugh out loud! Too adorable. Love the Reindeer: Pancho? Pedro?  ROTFL  ROTFL 

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 pm

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Rhonda10Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:19 pm

The video isn't materializing, Rhonda.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Does it show up for you this way, Rob?:

Rhonda wrote:
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:04 pm

I redid it....I put it in wrong....Been one of those days... Yikes

Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Rhonda10Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:16 pm

That's one of my favorite Christmas songs, by the way, Rhonda. The first time I heard it was when Mark Lowry introduced it at one of the Gaither concerts one winter. It was the first year that it was released - and I *think* it was the first time he'd sung it publicly. I still love hearing him sing it. loveheart Here's another version of the same song:

My church's choir will be singing this song this year, too. It's so beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Yes, that is the first time I heard it as well.  He and Buddy Greene wrote the song together.  Such a beautiful song! Love

Last edited by Rhonda on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:22 pm

I remember being shocked that Mark had written the lyrics. He's so funny that I didn't expect something so deep from him. Buddy Greene wrote amazingly beautiful music to go with the lyrics!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Yes, Mark is extremely funny, and has a gorgeous voice!  I got to see him in person.  Out of the Gaither Vocal Band, he was the only one I didn't get an autograph.  Got Bill, Guy Pinrod and Jonathan Pierce, but Mark was no where to be found.....scratchead
Got to meet Anthony Burger as well. Such a tragic loss.....
Blue

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:39 pm

loveheart I was able to go to several of the Gaither Homecoming concerts, and after one of the concerts in particular, everyone just. . . left. I guess they all thought that everyone would be crowding around the singers, etc....At any rate, I got to spend time with quite a few of them - Mark and Anthony were the ones who talked with me the longest, though. Mark, because I have a nephew with ADHD, and Mark was telling me stories of his childhood. (And he also jokingly warned me to be careful of what I said and did around my ADHD nephew, because I might just end up in a comedy skit some day. HeeHee ) And Anthony was SO sweet. Most pianists who are that famous will NOT share any of their techniques or show you how they played certain parts of the song. But seriously, he would walk you right over to the piano and show you how to do whatever it was you asked him about. He was SUCH a humble man, and yet incredibly gifted. I was heartbroken when he died. He and I had talked in person and emailed several times - all about music, of course. And his wife and I spoke on the phone several times...She was quite a special lady, too. Anyway...precious memories. loveheart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 10:55 am

Love  How sweet, Lisa.....Such great moments for you to always remember. At one of the GH concerts we had gone to, we caught Anthony at the table where they were selling their CDs and other things. We were talking with him about one particular song, sorry, can't remember which one, and he said something like, "Yeah, I really love that song....but with piano.  Gloria loves the organ, and insisted it have organ instead of piano.  I learned real quick, what Gloria wants, Gloria gets...when it comes to music."  Then he smiled real big, winked, and went back to selling.  You could tell he loved Gloria and Bill so much, but you could also tell how much music means to him, and that he had probably had a long discussion about whether the song would have piano or organ in it.... HeeHee

Mark was recently in the Springfield area with a couple of other groups.  I didn't get to go, but the ads on the radio had snippets from his routine. He said something like, "I used to be ADHD, but I dropped the H, I'm too old for that."  and "What I do now in church and get paid for, I used to do in church and get spanked."  Such a nut!
Laughing

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 12:11 pm

Such neat stories. loveheart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Here's another newer Christmas song that I like:

(Rhonda! Laughing Too funny! I didn't know that he'd decided to drop the H. Laughing )

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:26 pm

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Having had an older brother that was part of the USAF band, and now having 2 sons in the USAF, I am a little partial to this. grinsmiley

"Published on Dec 5, 2013
Starting with a single cellist on the floor of the National Air and Space Museum's "Milestones of Flight" gallery, and swelling to 120 musicians, The U.S. Air Force Band exhilarated museum visitors with its first-ever flash mob. The four-minute performance featured an original arrangement of "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring/Joy to the World," led by the band's commander and conductor, Col. Larry H. Lang. Unsuspecting museum visitors including tourists and school groups were astonished as instrumentalists streamed into the gallery from behind airplanes and space capsules, and vocalists burst into song from the Museum's second floor balcony."

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 12:42 pm

That was amazing!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 6:21 pm

I just bought the Seth MacFarlane holiday album and I am in love with it.  I know a lot of people don't like him.  And even if they don't, I don't see how they can deny the fact that the man can sing.  He is a true crooner.  His other CD (non-holiday) was great.

These are my two favorites of his on the CD:

I don't mind Darius Rucker's version of this:

Although I probably still like Nat 'King' Cole's version best:

And I am quite into Michael Feinstein's version of this song this year:

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 6:32 pm

thud Rhonda, if I'd been there in person, I'd have been in tears - that was just breathtakingly beautiful!! THANK YOU for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:40 am

Yes, Savannah...it was beautiful! Love

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:26 pm

Wow, I have a lot to catch up on in this thread! Here is what I came to share...I know many of you love this song as I do---here is a Christmas version:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Wow, that was wonderful, Amy. bawling

These are all great songs. MissOleson, I really liked the ones you posted. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:36 am

In her first a cappella recording, Jackie Evancho and Peter Hollens sing a beautiful rendition of "Hallelujah" that is breathtakingly beautiful. Their voices harmonize beautifully together with this stirring song that has been a favorite among many. What a pleasure to watch and listen to with these talented and beautiful voices!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs   Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christmas Carols / Songs
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next