Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Many prayers needed

Go down 
+19
LM
Lori
Melissa
pamh36
Teresa
Carol
ChristinaAL
brenda_m
HarrisonCrosby4387
LIWnut
bethandmanly
rana
Amy
Rob
LHDaisy
Debbie
Rhonda
Lily
Savannah
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

Many prayers needed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 8:00 am

Savannah, my heart aches for your right now and this horrible situation. Please know that I'll be praying for you and that you are able to get some sort of resolution soon to this situation.

Many prayers needed - Page 3 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Many prayers needed - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 12:05 pm

Rhonda wrote:
OH SAVANNAH!!!! Please take care of YOU.......You have a broken heart and it literally is hurting you....trust me, I know......the pain can be unbearable at times........When mine does that, I will find a relaxing place to sit and start doing my Lamaze breathing that I learned when I was pregnant with my first son........he is 22 years old, but to this day, Lamaze is my friend.......DEEP slow breaths through the nose......long slow exhale through the mouth..... repeat.......do this slow and up to 3 times..........I love you girl........God bless.....Wink

By the way, any update on the attorney visit? :unsure:

We decided to go with an attorney who several people in my church recommended - and he can't see us til Wednesday. Blue I hate waiting. But, he's an excellent attorney, and was able to get the children back for one of the ladies in my church. They had given up hope, and Pastor told us that this attorney was like a pit bull, exhausting every avenue he could find.

I talked to my precious children this morning on a two-way cell phone. Caleby, bless his heart, he doesn't care if April hears it or not.......he told me "I wuv you so much...I wish I could come home to you!". Bless that baby! Michael, Rachel and Jeremiah talked with me for quite a few minutes, too. It was so very good to hear their voices. Jeremiah is so angry right now. When he was at the store with me two days ago, he punched one of the cases of toilet paper as hard as he could. That's not like him. But everything has so suddenly changed.

We finally talked to April, and mentioned that the social worker had said that the children all need to be able to talk to someone - a counsellor, Pastor.....someone. Her response? "Why? What do you mean?". banghead Their whole LIVES have been turned on end, and she wants to know WHY they might need to talk about it to someone??? mad

Kathy, thank you for your prayers.....you and your family continue to be in mine, as well.
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 2:36 pm

So glad you'll be able to see an attorney about this situation. Savannah, I know you are so torn up right now, but continually give this over to God and do whatever you have to do to keep positive thoughts, listen to good music, read the Bible for scriptures on God's promises. I've had to do that many times to keep my focus up instead of on my circumstances. Not trying to sound preachy just telling you what I've had to do in my own situation and how it helps keep my heart calm.

Many prayers needed - Page 3 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 6:01 pm

Savannah, maybe you should look into an Emergency Dependency Petition. You could have an answer back for it in as little as 24 hours.
I have a freind who has custody of her 3 grandchildren. She lives in Arizona and when I asked her what she would do, she told me to suggest this petition.
Good luck buddy. I am still thinking and praying for you and the children.

Many prayers needed - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Many prayers needed - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 6:30 pm

I would love to smack your SIL. She needs a good talking to. She obviously has no idea how to love and care for children - first by not being a part of their lives, then yanking them from the life where they are happy and well cared for, and expecting them to go on as if nothing happened. I know how dark this situation is for all of you, but I have faith that somehow, your children will come back to you. God will make this right - and what's right for them is being with you. As Rhonda said too, please take care of yourself. You are so strong but it's important to take care of yourself so you can stay that way. We love you and are praying for you. ::hugs::

Many prayers needed - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 Many prayers needed - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 5:47 am

Savannah I'm only catching up with what's been going on with you now. I'm so sorry I haven't offered my support earlier but please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers even though I'm thousands of miles away on the other side of the Atlantic.

I'm a great believer in What Goes Round Comes Round and I truly believe everything will work out for you. Just keep believing that yourself and know that we're all with you in thought and in prayer.

Many prayers needed - Page 3 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 1:22 pm

Savannah wrote:
You are all so precious. Thank you so much for the prayers, cyber-hugs, messages......It's helping me through each day. I need to add another request on top of this all. My heart has been hurting since yesterday, and my chest feels so heavy. It's probably all related to what's going on.

Oh no, Savannah. Of course I'll keep you in my prayers as well with this. Please take care of yourself.

Many prayers needed - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2007 7:13 pm

I called their piano teacher this morning (she was also my piano teacher for years and years) and let her know what's going on. She'd been gone on vacation. She and I have always been very close. She said to me "You have to fight for those kids! Your's is the only home they've ever known." Jeremiah was really starting to get goooood on piano, and Rachel was just starting to feel comfortable in her music. Now they're getting no practice time at all. Jeremiah had been doing one and a half hours a day. Rachie couldn't do that much, being only 9. But she did her best, and usually got 45 minutes a day in. Right now, they're not doing any school, no practice time, they're being given a lot of junk food......

The attorney we're seeing is also my piano teacher's attorney. (She also teaches two of his children piano) She knows that we don't have much money, and warned us that he *is* expensive. But she said that he's also extremely aggressive. She said to tell him right up front, that we're simple people, and don't have a lot of money, but that we love those children and we need them back. And, we've also been told that he's an honest man, and will tell us if we have any hope for regaining our children.

We've been asking everyone that we know to storm the gates of Heaven, asking God to work a miracle. I even used google and tracked down our former Youth Pastor. That man can flat pray!

Caleb and Rachel both are coming down with quite a cold. Blue I hate that they're not feeling well, and I can't be there to help them. But God will keep them in His hands. I got to see them today, which, of course was a birthday blessing.

I keep saying this, but I truly mean it: THANK YOU for praying.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Many prayers needed - Page 3 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 3 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 1:25 pm

Savannah, I haven't been on the past few days, but I'm still thinking about you and praying for you and your mom.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 5:35 pm

Thank you, Lily. {{{Lily}}} We sure need the prayers...
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2007 10:18 pm

Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2007 9:44 pm

We sure need them. . . .

My brother two-wayed tonight, and told my Mom that she could continue to homeschool the children . . . . at HIS house. He has no concept of how many books it takes to teach four different grades.(Or doesn't care) Everything that we need and use in schooling is right here on hand, and it would be nearly impossible to tote back and forth. Not to mention getting out early and driving out there every day. Mom is weary already, with everything that has gone on. She did tell him that she'd be perfectly willing to continue teaching the children here, where everything is readily available. John said that his Pastor has told him that it would be best to have the children taught at HIS house, and John said "I agreed to stick with his recommendation". Well, that's very nice - but wouldn't it have been more appropriate if the Pastor had involved EVERYONE in this discussion?? He's never spoken with us, never met us, had never met the children when he "counseled" John and April to go get them, doesn't know the history behind what has taken place...........has only heard one side of the story - and who KNOWS what they've told him.......When you're dealing with an issue that involves more than one person, it just seems logical to me that you'd involve all of them in what you perceive as the solution......

I hate all of this.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2007 10:23 pm

I wouldn't put much stock in a pastor who acts like that. In my opinion (which doesn't matter much) this is not an issue he should be involved in anyway. I could see him being involved with spiritual direction and prayer for your brother and sister-in-law, but gettting so involved in this is not something I would expect of any pastor worth his salt.

I certainly hope the attorney will have some good news for you on Wednesday. My fingers are crossed and I am praying with all my might!

{{HUGS}}

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 7:44 am

Savannah, I am so sorry that the children continue to have to suffer with all of this, and I say them because they need their schooling.

You might tell your brother he will need to go buy the books needed to homeschool (and I know these are expensive because I have a friend who homeschools) and April will need to learn how to teach the children herself. I wouldn't let them "have their cake and eat it too". They have turned everyone's lives upside down and haven't given any of you a second thought in all of this. If they want to be the parents in this situation, then THEY need to step up to the plate and do so. I know this hurts the children, but honestly, how much learning are they getting right now when their hearts are aching and broken?!? They probably haven't soaked any teaching up since they were taken from their home. I still say, give John and April the bills that you and your folks paid out the last 13 years, give them the medical bills that accumulated while Michael was in the hospital, let them buy them all new clothing, shoes, etc. They want to 'play' the parent part in this, then LET them be the parents thru and thru. When it all comes down to it, a good quick kick in the backside can wake you up to reality real quick!
Ranting

Many prayers needed - Page 3 Rhonda10Many prayers needed - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 4:09 pm

I agree with your post 100% Rhonda. How are you and your mother doing Savannah? I can't stop thinking of you guys. My thoughts and prayers are still with you. (((hugs))):rainbowfaces:
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 7:08 pm

Susie wrote:
How are you and your mother doing Savannah?

A little low tonight. Mom, Dad and I drove over and saw the children today, and Jeremiah is really low in spirit. He can't understand why God hasn't answered his prayers in the way he wants yet. He thought he'd be back home by now. He told me that he wishes that his parents would understand that he and the other children love them, but "we belong to you and Grandma. We've been with you all our lives". He told me that he's still reading his Bible, and reads to the little ones, too. And, he told me that Caleby still asks April "When will you take me home?". Bless that baby.

I asked him about his schooling today, because April said that she's going to teach them after all. He did two math papers printed from a website, and read from a Left Behind book. April quit school before she graduated, so I'm praying a lot about the education that the children will be getting while all of this is ongoing. I don't mean that to sound snooty. But homeschooling isn't for everyone. You have to be very consistent with it, and be sure that the children are getting a solid education. They're going to have to go the rest of their lives based on that. And a couple of papers off the internet each day just isn't going to cut it.

And once again, I can't thank you enough for your continued prayers. We all need them so very much.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Many prayers needed - Page 3 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 3 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 8:22 pm

{{{{{ SAVANNAH }}}}} Pastor or not, he can take his words and shove it!!! I'm sorry to sound harsh but this whole situation makes me so angry. If John and April want to be parents all of a sudden, then let them be, let them provide their education as well, they really have no idea how to parent the children. Savannah, I hope you have some kind of records, stubs and/or receipts saved that you can show to your lawyer, even pictures from infants til present which I think definitely show that you and your mom have been raising these precious children..........let's ask John and April to show some pictures...HA! We will continue to pray for you and mom. {{{{{ HUG }}}}}

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Savannah, I am so sorry that the children continue to have to suffer with all of this, and I say them because they need their schooling.

You might tell your brother he will need to go buy the books needed to homeschool (and I know these are expensive because I have a friend who homeschools) and April will need to learn how to teach the children herself. I wouldn't let them "have their cake and eat it too". They have turned everyone's lives upside down and haven't given any of you a second thought in all of this. If they want to be the parents in this situation, then THEY need to step up to the plate and do so. I know this hurts the children, but honestly, how much learning are they getting right now when their hearts are aching and broken?!? They probably haven't soaked any teaching up since they were taken from their home. I still say, give John and April the bills that you and your folks paid out the last 13 years, give them the medical bills that accumulated while Michael was in the hospital, let them buy them all new clothing, shoes, etc. They want to 'play' the parent part in this, then LET them be the parents thru and thru. When it all comes down to it, a good quick kick in the backside can wake you up to reality real quick!
Ranting

Absolutely, 100% agree. These people have no concern for anyone but themselves. They haven't been a part of these children's lives for their entire lives! And now they think they can get off easy, come in and play parents all of a sudden. And I can't believe their pastor - obviously, he's only getting one side of the story. I wouldn't even worry about him - just keep doing what you're doing, fighting for your children. And praying. We all are. And I know the Lord is listening - somehow, things will turn out right in the end.

Many prayers needed - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 Many prayers needed - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2007 11:16 pm

Savannah, this situation makes us all feel gloomy Blue , but we're here with you... we stand behind you 100% and I'm hoping the attorney can really help you guys on this. Smiley Hug

I just can't believe what your sister in law is doing... Ranting

Many prayers needed - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 10:42 am

Savannah wrote:
I don't mean that to sound snooty. But homeschooling isn't for everyone. You have to be very consistent with it, and be sure that the children are getting a solid education. They're going to have to go the rest of their lives based on that. And a couple of papers off the internet each day just isn't going to cut it.[/color]

Absolutely with ya on that one, Savannah. If it works for some people, great, and I totally think it can....for some who are 100% commited, to the time, effort, and expense. There's no way your SIL fits that category. And the best place for those kids right now is in a school environment, with other children, different authority figures, and a productive place to get their minds off their troubles. This whole situation just makes me so sad. I'm continuing to pray for you all Savannah. Keep your faith.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 3 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 10:47 am

Sorry I haven't posted in this thread to acknowledge the hurt you're going through Savannah, but it hits a little close to home, so I haven't said anything. Suffice it to say, I hope everything works out for you and those children, and your whole family as well.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 12:30 pm

{{{Larry}}} Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 6:30 pm

We went over again today to see the children, and Caleb came running to me, jumped into my arms and asked me "Did you really get rid of my bed an' toys?". OhMy
I reassured him that I will never do that. My home will always be his, too. Poor little fella. Rachel told me (in quiet whispers) that her Mom and Dad yell at them a lot. And I saw some of that tonight. She said something, and her Dad misunderstood, and growled at her "What did you just say??" She was so frightened that she stammered "I - I - I don't remember". He jumped all over her, telling her that if she's going to say something, "have the guts to say it out loud. Don't mumble it, then lie and say you don't remember." bawling banghead How can he treat his own little girl like that?? He wasn't brought up like that. My parents were kind, loving people who sacrificed for us children. They didn't teach us to treat people - and especially children - in such a manner. What has happened to him??

Michael told me that they didn't do any school today........Michael......he has me so worried. He was like a zombie tonight. All three of the younger children were crying.

We meet with the lawyer at 9:00 in the morning. I've been told everything from "He'll tell you that there's nothing that can be done" all the way to "Those 'parents' don't stand a chance". I'm trying to prepare myself either way. One person, who needs some serious classes in tact, told me that I'll just have to grin and bear it somehow. No

God can make a way, when there seems to be no way........
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 8:59 pm

Good luck tomorrow Savannah. I pray you'll get some good news.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2007 9:42 pm

Thank you, Cheryl!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Many prayers needed
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next