Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SNOW!

Go down 
+36
MissOleson
Coach Jon
Docfan
LM
Kristina
susansmoose
Gin
Debbie
I Love Dean
Alice
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Wind
carolineingalls
Trixie
Teresa
HarrisonCrosby4387
Farmer Girl
LIWnut
charles ingalls
Amy
edwina
ChristinaAL
Lily
JW
Vanesa
EllieJane
emilyanneoftheprairie
Misti
Rob
bethandmanly
georgiagirl1993
pamh36
Rhonda
Lori
Savannah
Carol
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

SNOW! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!   SNOW! - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Carol wrote:
MissOleson wrote:
alexczarn wrote:

I like it when it's cold because you can always heat yourself up, but when It's hot you can't always cool yourself down!
YES!!!! I have said that for years when I get a confused reaction to my basic statement of "I really hate hot weather".

Well... I have not encountered this problem... lol
If I have the AC on or if I get some sort of air from a fan or from trees, stay in the shade, drink something cool... I'm okay.

SNOW! - Page 39 Text_218

It seems like in the winter... and mind you, it doesn't get as cold as in the Eastern states, I am always rubbing my hands together to keep them warm. Gloves don't always work because I'm at work typing and sometimes I feel like my fingers are about to fall off, not to mention my feet. In a cold environment, the body must work harder to regulate heat. When I exercise, geez... it takes a while for my body to start getting warm, it's slow and painful lol... until finally it has enough heat and I feel like moving and motivated... it is HARD to start exercise in the winter, all I want to do is stay under the covers under a thick pajama! But my doctor says that I MUST keep exercising even in the coldest of winters lol.

Yes, it does feel good to be under the covers, snuggled while enjoying some hot chocolate but we can't do that all day lol and we must get to work or our chores. Getting out of bed in the mornings is a nightmare... not to mention the cold toilet seats! lol My friends and family members who suffer from arthritis are wishing for warm weather. Simple: Cold hurts me, sweating doesn't.

I guess I am like a bear, when it gets cold... my biggest wish is to hibernate Laughing

SNOW! - Page 39 Hibernating_bear

We must be related, Carol. I feel exactly the same way. Laughing Wake me up when it's Spring-time.

SNOW! - Page 39 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : SNOW! - Page 39 Purple2

SNOW! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!   SNOW! - Page 39 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Went to my friend Terry's house for Thanksgiving with his family and on the way, got sleeted on......when I returned home, I saw that the city I live in got snow!!! Yep, it was on the roofs and lawns......too crazy.... SNOW! - Page 39 29545

SNOW! - Page 39 Rhonda10SNOW! - Page 39 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : SNOW! - Page 39 Happy010

SNOW! - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNOW!   SNOW! - Page 39 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:29 am

pamh36 wrote:

We must be related, Carol. I feel exactly the same way. Laughing Wake me up when it's Spring-time.

Laughing Will do! SNOW! - Page 39 Margaritasmile1

I was listening to an oldies station (I guess tunes from the 80s are now oldies? lol) Anyway, "Endless Summer Nights" came on just now, by Richard Marx. Geez... that really brought some summer memories that gave me a little warmth :P Like someone in youtube said, It brings back the innocence of just being young and either having a crush or in love. Those endless summer night was something you looked forward to every summer. Still a beautiful song. loveheart