Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)

Go down 
+28
Davetucson
Shell
JW
Julia
Kamberley
Alice
Debbie
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Gin
J.v.Hunen
Lori
Krissy
alexczarn
Vanesa
Rob
Kristina
Rhonda
LIWnut
Misti
Farmer Girl
Savannah
Amy
Teresa
Carol
ChristinaAL
Kathleen Marie
Samantha
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Bokmal10

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 4:54 pm

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Amy wrote:
Rhonda wrote:
Seems the shooter was named Adam, NOT Ryan. He is 20 yrs old NOT 24 yrs old. He was carrying his brother's ID. This is just crazy.... No

I can't even believe the police released that before they knew for sure. Can you imagine turning on the news or computer to find YOUR name as the killer in a massacre??? Although the laptops have been confiscated, Ryan and his dad are not even suspects at this point.

I'd also read earlier that his mom was at the school and she was shot there...that her body was found there. Now come to find out she was at their home. I wish they'd just WAIT before divulging inaccurate information.

I was watching Brian Williams last night and I think they spent about 10 minutes retracting statements made earlier...WRONG information....Was reading on The Today Show's fb page where people are telling them to quit questioning the children, they've been through enough and to quit reporting things they are not sure of just to get the news out first. LOTS of peope blasting the media! I AGREE! Ranting

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Rhonda10Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 5:41 pm

I agree with that, too.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:32 pm

agree too.This world is getting bad.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 530514_308571939243898_1772438556_n

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Rhonda10Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Thanks for posting that, Rhonda.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 556871_377875028969049_2036699805_n

This is a beautiful idea.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:37 am

Oklahoma teen arrested in school shooting plot. I heard this on the 11 O'clock news.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/15/15932019-oklahoma-student-arrested-in-alleged-plot-to-attack-school?lite

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:53 am

Rhonda wrote:
I was watching Brian Williams last night and I think they spent about 10 minutes retracting statements made earlier...WRONG information....Was reading on The Today Show's fb page where people are telling them to quit questioning the children, they've been through enough and to quit reporting things they are not sure of just to get the news out first. LOTS of peope blasting the media! I AGREE! Ranting

The responsible news as we once knew it has vanished...I am afraid for good. It is all about who can be first, whether it's accurate or not. To state to the WORLD the name of a shooter who has killed 26 people and not be 100% sure is beyond irresponsible. There should be repercussions for such blatant disregard for the truth.

I have stayed away from the news all day. This is just too much for me. I'm still processing.

Thank you for posting the address Rhonda, and the names. To see them like that....gosh, just so many names. bawling And to think of the six women who also died. They were also someone's daughter, or mother, or wife. It's just so heartbreakingly senseless. No

If any of you are needing help on how to talk to your kids about this tragedy, this is from the National Alliance for Grieving Children:

http://www.childrengrieve.org/senseless-shootings-how-talk-your-children

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:54 am

Unbelieveable, Melissa. No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:45 am

Amy wrote:
Unbelieveable, Melissa. No

Yeah it is. Was watching 11 clock news yesterday. My mind was going wild. But, glad the student told the principal. Before it happen. Thumbsup

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Are you kidding me right now?! OhMy

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/newtown-church-evacuated-due-unspecified-threat-during-noon-182416799.html

I would be seriously freaked out if I were living in this community. It just goes to show that things like this can happen anywhere. It only takes one or two sickos to destroy everyone's confidence in their otherwise peaceful neighborhoods. No

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Sick people love to prey on those who are in shock and grieving...... No

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 4:39 pm

oh my goodness!!! Glad they told.We live in a sick world.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:48 pm

bawling

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 12063_123376131159720_1548992064_n

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 184143
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:12 pm

It seems the news gives the Killers to much fame, which gives other sick people ideas to become famous instead of going out of this world as just a nobody who commited suicide

The Little girl on the Top left corner was Canadian, Just moved to the states in July the parents had searched for the best schools Blue

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Jacobk10Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:42 pm

JW wrote:
It seems the news gives the Killers to much fame, which gives other sick people ideas to become famous instead of going out of this world as just a nobody who commited suicide

People have been making comments to the media, begging them to quit making the killers look like stars.....telling them to concentrate of the ones who died so we can remember them and not the killer......the media is too pushy and just trying to be "FIRST" to report things..... Ranting

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:15 pm

I agree with you Rhonda... this morning on the news the reporter said "and this guy is now up there among the worst killers with..." and went on to name the shooters at all of the mass shootings in recent history. but the reporter was making the Newtown shooter sound like some kind of great celebrity! I wish that the media would just lay off because how can people at least try to begin healing if this tragedy is being brougt up everywhere they turn?
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Thank you for posting the pictures of those children. So beautiful and so innocent. I can't imagine how the parents find the strength to go on.

They certainly do give the people who commit these shootings too much coverage, and then there are the copy cats. Where does it end?

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 pm

I agree. We need to remember the victims, not the killer. Leave him to hell and let the world forget him.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Rob that is exactly what I said.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Jacobk10Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:21 pm

They were such beautiful children

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Several people have posted this tribute on Facebook, but I haven't seen it here yet, so I thought I'd share it here:

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 18022
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next