Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)

Go down 
+28
Davetucson
Shell
JW
Julia
Kamberley
Alice
Debbie
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Gin
J.v.Hunen
Lori
Krissy
alexczarn
Vanesa
Rob
Kristina
Rhonda
LIWnut
Misti
Farmer Girl
Savannah
Amy
Teresa
Carol
ChristinaAL
Kathleen Marie
Samantha
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Purple2

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:35 pm

THAT WAS SO GORGEOUS WHEN I HEARD IT LAST NIGHT!!! I STILL HAVE TO HAVE TISSUES WHILE LISTENING.... cryB

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Rhonda10Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:51 pm

I miss the voice yesterday. So sad. You can see sadness in these singers eyes, when they sing the song.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Lisa wrote:
Several people have posted this tribute on Facebook, but I haven't seen it here yet, so I thought I'd share it here:

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 18022

thank you for posting this, I wanted to see this video but didn't know where to find it
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:19 pm

This was incredibly powerful. I love this song anyway, but to hear it sung like this.... bawling .

And pay very close attention to the words of the last verse, the one Christina sings. Such amazing lyrics. These beautiful children are with the Lord now...we have to remember, as hard at is to comprehend, that they are in paradise. They are no longer reliving this horrific day, the way the rest of us are. My faith assures me they are safe and protected now.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa

Last edited by Amy on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 pm

this video made me cry cryB my heart aches so much for these families, I can't imagine how severe their pain right now must be Blue
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 pm

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
my heart aches so much for these families, I can't imagine how severe their pain right now must be Blue

I know Kristina, I know. cryB Smiley Hug

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 am

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:51 am

Lisa wrote:
Several people have posted this tribute on Facebook, but I haven't seen it here yet, so I thought I'd share it here:

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 18022

cryB

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Jacobk10Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm

bawling This is the status on ReindeerCam.com The names will be the only ones scrolling today, then the others will be added back in.

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 543991_390135274396888_263940125_n

In memory or the tragedy in CT, all of those who lost their lives will be scrolling on the nice list today. Santa and the Elves are extremely saddened by the event and want to pay them respect in this holiday season.

After today their names will not be removed but will be within the names of the rest of the kids on the Nice List.
Santa is almost here!

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Rhonda10Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:23 am

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 am

Buttercup wrote:
Michigan Warning Weather Alert
l

Good grief, Melissa!

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Margaret Thatcher Passes Away   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 9:19 am

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Annette Funecello died too, both today (April 8, 2013)

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 MarilynKeeper Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: 6-year-old boy found driving in Lapeer   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:13 pm

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:43 pm

And where were the parents during this whole thing?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Probably sleeping at the time.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:27 pm

Two explosions have rocked the area near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Hospitals are on "disaster alert." Details are still sketchy. Here's a link...

Boston
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:07 pm

A singer name Joey McIntyre tweeted about the explosion. He said, he's okay. Now, theirs 12 people who passed away. Maybe more. They still don't know why or what cause the explosion.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:15 pm

It was bombs. Two went off, and the police detonated a third.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Oh my gosh. No

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:59 pm

There was a third bombing at the JFK library in Boston. No reported injuries.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Expolosion in Boston   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:40 pm

There were 3 explosions today in Boston during a mini marathon. 2 people have died and 23 injured. 2 explosions happened at the marathon and 1 in the JFK Library in Boston. Police aren't sure, but they think it was a terrorist attack, but they aren't certain yet. Prayers to everyone injured and the familes of the 2 that died.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Boston police have a "person of interest" in custody. He was admitted to a hospital suffering from severe burns.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Boston   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Comedian Patton Oswalt posted this on Facebook in regard to today's violence in Boston:

Boston. Horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stand against that darkness, and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:49 am

Thanks for posting that Rob. I love that, and he is so right. It's hard to remember at times like this, but he is so right.

The first thing I could think about when I heard about this was that one of my son's best friends goes to MIT and wondered about his safety. You just never know who might be cheering people on down there in the heart of it. I am friends with his mom and sisters on fb and was so relieved to see that he was safe. But so saddened at the same time for those injured and killed. Just so senseless. No

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next