Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel

Go down 
+9
Rhonda
Misti
Rob
Savannah
bethandmanly
Kristina
pamh36
Amy
Gin
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Bokmal10

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 5:04 pm

keeping Jamie in my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Update: Jamie took the dialysis well. Temp is 99.
The LADY that hit Jamie's body came by to see her today. (I thought it was a man....)
It took alot for her to come see her, but I think it was good for all involved. Jamie's mom wrote that she did NOT want her to feel responsible in any way. They knew it was just an accident.
Carrie (Jamie's mom) has been so good to blog every day, several times a day. I think it is helping her to list what to pray about and what to be thankful for. She continues to note how thankful so many people are praying.
I have a feeling Jamie will be around to write about this one day.

I knew you all would be there with prayer....many thanks from me too! loveheart

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart

Last edited by Gin on Thu May 13, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:57 pm

That's good news, Gin. Jamie's mom sounds like a great person. I'm sure her attitude has helped not only Jamie and her family, but the lady who was involved.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:51 am

Thanks for continuing to update, Gin. I agree, it did take a lot of courage for the woman who hit Jamie, to visit her at the hospital. I'm sure it must have helped her to know that Jamie's family understands that it was an accident. Jamie's mom sounds like a wonderful lady.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks for keeping us updated, Gin. Can you share a link to the blog? I would like to be able to read it. We're continuing prayers here.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:44 am

Jamie is going into surgery to close an abdominal incision sometime today. BUN is 55 now, still above average, but not as high as yesterday. Not sure if she will have dailysis today or not.
Temp went up to 100.4 last night.
Need to pray for kidney function to improve and surgery to go well.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Jamie has been in surgery for about 1 1/2 hours. Let you know more soon.

* I edited one of my previous posts....Carrie is Jamie's mom's name not Bonnie.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Surgery went great. Doctor looked over her organs to check for damage and it looks like things are good. She is ONE LUCKY KID! She is still assisting the vent...alot. That is so good. Temp is still not normal, and they are waiting for test to reveal the source of infection. Hoping to find that out tomorrow.
Her mom said she is looking better everyday.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 10:59 pm

That's great news! Thanks for the updates.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:43 pm

More good news! The cultures came back showing no infection, so they believe that her fever is due to all the trama. Its staying at around 100.
She is also assisting every breath, so they may try to take her off the vent soon.
Our prayers are working!!!

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:50 pm

How wonderful......Praise God! yesss

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Rhonda10URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 2:04 pm

Gin, thank you for all of the updates. Jamie has been in my prayers. I can't even imagine what her parents are going through, but I'm so happy that she is doing a little better each day. This was such a tragic accident. It's almost unbelieveable that she survived, but that just shows what a fighter she is. She will continue to be in my prayers.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks for sharing the latest updates, Gin. Sure sounds like those prayers are working.

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:11 pm

I'm so glad to hear that Jamie's doing a little better. The woman who hit her was very brave to be able to visit her in the hospital, I don't think I'd be able to do that. I'm continuing to keep Jamie in my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Nothing much new... Jamie had a good night last night. She is moving her legs alot in response to pain although they are giving her pain meds. It is believed she has some sinus fractures on the left side of her face. That will need surgery later. Her left Kidney is they think in shock...but healing. The dialysis helps give it a rest, so it helps alot. Her body is black where that kidney is. Might need to pray just for the kidney to heal quickly and fully.
She has come through so much, it is amazing.
One thing that her mom has stressed is the need for blood donors. Jamie has been given SO much. If you are not one that has given before please think about it. Jamie is O negative. It always helps someone.

Last edited by Gin on Sat May 15, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted, Gin. What a lot for a kid to go through. Our prayers continue for her, and we'll mention it at church tomorrow morning too.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Jamie opened her eyes tonight as they were laying her bed back to do something. She didn't keep them open but she did open them! I can't believe the progress she has made in just 10 days. yesss

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:46 pm

I believe things are still going as hoped. Jamie does have a crack at the floor of her skull and spinal fluid has been draining, BUT that has slowed so that is an indication that it is healing. She coughs alot, the bottom of her lungs has collapsed, so she is having to be suctioned alot. Her coughing is such a help though, her body is fighting.
SHe has quickly opened her eyes again, but will have heavier sedation today as the try to do something with the vent.
Its slow, but its happening.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Thankfully the news continues to be good. I appreciate you sharing this with us.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:05 am

I also appreciate the updates, Gin. It is so good to hear she continues to show signs of improving.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Day 12~

Doctors are giving Jamie about 10 more days to heal before addressing a cyst in her brain. They might place a shunt and then attempt to drain the cyst later.
The PEEP has been drcreased to 6 on her vent and she is tolerated that well.
If she can lay flat without her bp going up they might do a surgery or two to repair some fractures. Again....one step at a time. Things are still going foward and that is because of your prayers...keep it up!

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:49 am

Day 13

They are checking Jamie for possible pneumonia. She is coughing up alot of gunk and may need to start another antibotic. Her temp is up just a bit more too.
They had mentioned earlier that her colon might be "asleep" so it seems now that it is "waking" up. I guess some organs just rest during such trauma's as this ??

Lets hope and pray this isn't pneumonia. They really need to fix some of her fractures while she is under sedation. Thanks everyone....

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:39 am

Thank you for the updates, Gin. Jamie will continue to be in my prayers.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Temp has gone up to 102 now. Her heart rate and bp is elevated too. No actual pneumonia seen. She is a bit jaundiced today and liver enzymes are also elevated. They are going to do a liver ultrasound this afternoon.
The plan is to clamp the drain from her brain tonight (that monitors intracranial pressure) to see if the pressure goes up or not. She still assists every breath.

Prayers-- find out what is causing fever
liver ultrasound be ok
the ICpressure will stay within normal limits
remember her parents as well....they are tired and trying not to get their hopes up.
This just might get harder before it gets better, although she is healing with each day that passes.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Its been two weeks today since Jamie's accident.----

The ultrasound did not reveal entire liver, so a CT scan will be done this a.m.
Her heart rate is 145 to 160 they say due to her temp being 102. Jamie is VERY jaundiced. We need to find the source of this temp or they cannot do surgery for the brain shunt. Her head pressure is 14 and cannot exceed 20 or they will unclamp the drain to the brian.

It feels that things are going down a bit, so pray doctors can do all they can to turn this temp around and keep her going toward a complete recovery.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next