Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel

Go down 
+9
Rhonda
Misti
Rob
Savannah
bethandmanly
Kristina
pamh36
Amy
Gin
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 Love-s10

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Jamie is doing good. She will have a feeding tube put in her stomach next week. They are afraid she might have some problems swallowing and want to be sure her nurtition is good for her healing. She has done well with the Physical Therapy so far.

Let remember those traveling this weekend with the holiday. It was just three years ago this weekend that my brother and neice was in a very bad accident. They were very lucky, but so much of the time Memorial Day weekend is a time for alot of accidents.

Have a safe and happy one....

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:37 am

Jamie is continuing to do well. She had a feeding tube placed into her stomach on Saturday. She was taken out of bed and sat in a wheelchair for a while yesterday. She withstood the change very well.
She has now gone 24 hours without fever. P Therapy continues and she is moving a bit more, although they are not sure all her movements are voluntary. She has not spoken anything and so that is a concern, although she is spending time awake now. She will squeeze someone's hand or wave.
She has a neck brace on and they are trying to see if her neck has healed enough to take it off.....( I thought this had been removed already...guess not.)

Its hard sometimes to tell who posts about her, because her mom, nanny and grandma are all posting. She has someone with her around the clock. I know she has the best care at Childrens Hospital in Little Rock. That is a great place to be.

Pray that her fever stays down and she will communicate some. Also, that her legs heal without problems. She was so broken.
Thanks....

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:42 am

Glad to hear about the improvement Gin. Thanks for updating. I'm praying for Jamie.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks for the update, Gin. I am continuing to pray.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:15 am

Jamie will continue to be in my prayers. Thank you for the update, Gin.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:17 am

Wonderful news, Gin. We'll continue our prayers.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Jamie got a REAL shower yesterday. Can you imagine going 28 days without one??? I know she has had bed baths but nothing compared to warm water on your body!
She can sit in a special wheelchair now, got to get her used to sitting up again. She is not talking but,her aunt has said she has had a time trying to keep Jamie from pulling bandages off and moves her right leg alot. I believe her left side had the most damage since she tends not to move it much.
They have removed her neck brace.

Physical therapy is taking over now....there may not be much to post as often. She will hopefully continue to move forward. I know her mom really wants to know she will know how to communicate as before, so pray she will be able to when the time is right.
I know there is a place called TimberRidge in Benton, Ar that takes on people like Jamie that need physical care 24/7. Not sure if they will send her there or not...but it is good that it is close to where she is.........This is going to take a long while.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks for the updates, Gin. URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 70708 Jamie will continue to be in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Jamie had been moving her right arm alot. She is able to scratch anything that itches now....and has even picked up a washcloth and wiped her own mouth. She is becoming more verbal....more like a moan, but it is when it is her turn to speak. She is trying so hard...just going to take some time. I have a feeling she will have to get really mad before it all starts coming together. She is still trying to heal and seems weak at times.
I've made a request to get a photo of her to post, so we will see.
Keep praying, she has a long way to go---but has come so far already. Lets beat out the thorny road for her with our prayers.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:59 pm

I'll be praying, Gin. I'm new in this thread. I knew anything about your story...But now, I keep her in my prayers. I'm happy she is doing well.

Vanesa.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks Vanesa....and all. Thanks for the fervent prayers.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:40 pm

Continuing prayers for Jamie. I'm thankful you're sharing these updates with us. It makes us seem connected to her.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:28 pm

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 0_0110

Here is Jamie on her 16th birthday last October. Her sister sent this to me today. She thanks you all so much for all the prayers.

As for today's update: Jamie has been showing an attitude!! Her speech therapist worked and worked with her only to find that she wouldn't do anything. THEN her Mom asked her to do the same things and she did them!!! She has again written her name, and "do" for dog. She is making sounds and the therapist says that is good, it will become words.
God needs Jamie to show us how to deal with tough luck, and I'm thinking she is going to come out swinging real soon.
She is moving her left side some.....its getting stronger. This just might all be full of laughs yet!!

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:13 am

It is so nice to be able to put a face to the girl we have been reading about and praying for. I really appreciate the picture. Thanks for posting it, Gin.

I am so happy to hear of the progress she is continuing to make. I can tell she's a fighter. It's amazing what she has accomplished already, and I just know she'll continue to amaze.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:05 am

Yes, Pam. She is a fighter. And I know she will go out of all this. Now that I know her by a pic, I know that she is a brave girl who could fight for her life and go away from this nightmare.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Updates for this weekend 6/5-7th: Jamie is doing well responding to what she has been asked to write. She has even drawn shapes when asked. THat is a great sign that she is understanding what is asked of her.
Today she cried, really broke down and cried. I think this all is sinking in slowly. The emotions are a part of the healing so lets pray for her to have strength and the will to make it through the toughest days ahead.

There will be a gospel concert soon to help her family with her hospital expenses. Need prayers that that will bring in as much funds as possible. Not sure when it will be just yet.

I hate to be so bold in calling her OUR girl, because I know she has a family that she is certainly precious to---BUT she is becoming our "Prairie Hope." Its amazing what can happen when a few people lift a sweet soul up in prayer. Each day I am stunned what has progressed in one month. Keep those prayers going up!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:19 pm

What a pretty girl. Like Pam said, it's nice having a face with a name. So glad that things are progressing for her!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:20 am

Happy and happier for your news, Gin! Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:34 pm

Jamie had another MRI today to check on the cyst in the base of her brain. One nurse overheard the doctor say that it appears to have increased in size. Doc. will talk with the family tomorrow to decide what needs to be done.
Jamie got the day off from the PT today due to the sedative she received during the MRI. She got another shower and her hair washed and that mixed with the sedative put her out for most of the day. Lucky girl!

This was added late last night by Bonnie... The concert to help with Jamie's hospital bills will be June 19th. The FIRST 12 days added up to :$ 24, 500.00 and$ 33,000.00 in MRI/ CT scans. Its been 33 days now and the bills are stacking up. Lets pray this concert goes well and helps this family breath easier.

Jamie will be getting a visit from ChildLife soon. They bring rescue dogs in to visit kids that have long hospital stays. This just might brighten her day alot and help her movement.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Jamie is doing well for the PT now. She brushed her own teeth today and sat up on her own bracing herself with her right arm.
The neurosurgeon wants to do surgery on the cyst in Jamie's brain next week. The ventricles have gotten larger and its best to relieve the pressure now.
Start praying now she doesn't have a set back do to this.... They decided now is a good time for this because she still has another week before she can put her weight on her legs anyway.

They are asking for prayers for her speech to get better. That seems to be a big obstacle right now, although she is showing that she understands everything.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:13 pm

We'll definitely keep praying here. The strides she has made so far are absolutely amazing. I pray the surgery will go well and that she'll keep improving.

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:19 pm

it sounds like Jamie is making a slow but good recovery, which is great to hear. I'm keeping her in my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Lots of physical therapy going on right now. This is exhausting work and she sleeps well after they put her back to bed. Jamie did put her left arm down on the mat they were sitting her on today. That is a very good sign, we need to see more of that.

She tossed a bear back and forth to her brother and sister , and they loved seeing her interact with them. One month ago I would have thought THAT was a long time coming. She simply amazes me.

Prayers needed that she continues to use that left side, talks more and for the upcoming surgery for her cyst next week. Thanks.....

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:27 am

As I've already said, she's a fighter, and I know she will won this war against her physical problems. I'll keep praying for her. Tomorrow, as every Sunday evening, I'll go to the church, and I'll remember her in my prayers. I know they will work. Prayer ALWAYS works.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:48 pm

JAMIE SPOKE!!! She was in physical therapy and started crying. When the lady asked her what was wrong she said "My foot hurts!" They managed to get her feet propped up and gave her something for the pain. It is SO good to hear her let them know what is going on. This girl is doing very well.

Remember: Pray for her to do well with surgery next week. AND the benefit to help with hospital bills will be on June 19th. I will be in Arkansas but not in Greenbrier where this is to be held. SO wish I could go. Hopefully this will be a big help for this family.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next