Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wedding plans

Go down 
+21
carolineingalls
edwina
flatbroke
Teresa
LM
Carol
Lily
Misti
Amy
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
Rob
pamh36
Vanesa
Savannah
bethandmanly
Lori
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rhonda
LIWnut
ChristinaAL
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 5 Happy010

Wedding plans - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Wow! All of a sudden the big day is almost here. I look forward to hearing how things are going.

How is your dad doing, Christina?

Wedding plans - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 5 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:58 am

Having beeen to a couple of weddings recently, I too have been wondering how Christina's plans are going. I'm sure she's stressed, big time, but hope she gets the chance to drop in and let us know how it's going.

Wedding plans - Page 5 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 pm

As I sit here and type this, I'm on the floor with a box of toule, 2 rolls of ribbon and 10 lbs of Jordan almonds ROTFL Mike is here in mix too, fortunately for me he's been very involved in everything and I probably would have (totally) lost my mind if he wasn't!

Wedding planning has been alot of what we've been doing in the past few months. Everything is moving along, it's just getting a little hectic and stressful down to the wire. I'm still having MOH troubles - she's actually gotten worse. She had no involvement in my shower, didn't come to my *bachelorette party* (which was really just dinner and drinks), and waited until the last minute to buy matching shoes, so now she isn't having them. I don't think I even want to speak to her once the wedding is overwith - I can't believe how selfish she has been in the past 6 months. But a blessing in disguise is that Ireally discovered who my true friends are - the other girls really picked up her slack and even though it's unfair to them, they made the shower great and have made me feel like a princess about it. I've always been closer to my guy friends so having several girlfriends who I know care so much (especially when the one who I thought did doesn't), means a lot to me.

In other news - Mike & I bought a house in the middle of July! So that's been taking up some time too - we've been doing lots of cosmetic stuff (painting, carpeting, etc), and are trying to get it liveable with these last few weeks. My dad has been helping out a lot with the renovations - I think he loves having something to do, in some ways I wish we bought the house earlier this year when he was down. He's remained on his medication throughout the summer though, something he didn't do last year, so we're hoping that will make a difference come the fall.

Well, I guess I've rambled enough. I'm hoping I'll get a chance to stop back before the wedding, but I've said often over the past few months that I would be here more often to only have time run away from me Blue I really miss talking to you all! Like I said to Amy, I'm really missing a part of my life without coming here like I used to. Thanks for thinking of me - you guys are the best! ::hugs::

PS - Savannah, I had a picture of the centerpieces a few weeks ago - if I remember this weekend, I'll try to find it (not sure WHERE I saved it on the computer ROFL) and upload it here grinsmiley

Wedding plans - Page 5 ChristinaKeeper2 Wedding plans - Page 5 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 pm

Well, I'm certainly glad it's you and not me in all that toule. I never want to go through that again, no matter how much fun we had and what a beautiful day it was.

Sorry your MOH is being such a PITA. Is she jealous that you're getting married?

Congrats on the house. I'm also glad to hear Dad is doing well.

Have fun with the final preparations. I look forward to lots of pictures!

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 am

Been thinking about you Christina......hang in there, it will all be over with and you and Mike can relax in your home and start a wonderful life together!!! Wave

Wedding plans - Page 5 Rhonda10Wedding plans - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:12 am

Thanks for the update, Christina. Congratulations on the house. After the wedding and you have some time, you have to tell us all about it.

Wedding plans - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:29 am

Thanks for the update, Christina. You have been on my mind. You certainly have been busy between getting ready for the wedding AND buying a new house!! I'm sorry your MOH hasn't been better. Like you mentioned, you find out who your true friends are. It's also good that your dad has been busy helping you with the house. I'm sure he enjoys helping you very much. Thumbsup

Wedding plans - Page 5 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Wedding plans - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:14 am

Christina!! It's so good to hear from you! grouphug I'm glad to hear that your Dad has been enjoying working on the house with you and Mike. That's so great! But I'm sure sorry to hear that your MOH isn't the MOH that you deserve. If you want to give me her email address, I'd be glad to write her and speak to her about that. ( Frying pan batEyes ) I'm glad that the bridesmaids are helping to make up for it. Love Bless their hearts!

ChristinaAL wrote:
PS - Savannah, I had a picture of the centerpieces a few weeks ago - if I remember this weekend, I'll try to find it (not sure WHERE I saved it on the computer ROFL) and upload it here grinsmiley

Oh, thanks!! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks for checking in with an update Christina! Congratulations on your new home!! That is so exciting...Bill & I did that too, and it was wonderful. So great that your dad has had that focus too...I'm happy he's doing better. Mike sounds like he's been fabulous through this whole process...you have to have that support to get through it. I am so very sorry that your MOH is being such a jerk...sounds like she just doesn't have a clue! You know, this happens ALL the time. Weddings can bring out the worst in people...you know all about my saga with my own "Bridezilla" best friend...almost a 20 year friendship gone in a heartbeat. My SIL lost her best friend during their wedding on Mackinac Island as well...her MOH put a huge damper on her big day. I wish you didn't have to have your MOH, but just focus on Mike and all your true friends and family, and hopefully the issues with her will fade away into the happiness of the day.

Wedding planning is just so crazy, and those last weeks are stressful, but before you know it the big day will be here and you'll have fond memories to look back on! Are you going on a honeymoon? And what is the actual date? I know it's in September...

Please let us know the details of your beautiful day, and post pictures!!!! 📷 Best wishes for a glorious wedding!

Take care Christina, and again, thanks for filling us in! Smiley Hug

Love Amy

P.S. Does Matt L. know that he's about to lose you to another man? :unsure: grinsmiley

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 2:39 pm

thanks for the update! I know your big day is coming soon, and I hope all goes well for you!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Amy wrote:
Thanks for checking in with an update Christina! Congratulations on your new home!! That is so exciting...Bill & I did that too, and it was wonderful. So great that your dad has had that focus too...I'm happy he's doing better. Mike sounds like he's been fabulous through this whole process...you have to have that support to get through it. I am so very sorry that your MOH is being such a jerk...sounds like she just doesn't have a clue! You know, this happens ALL the time. Weddings can bring out the worst in people...you know all about my saga with my own "Bridezilla" best friend...almost a 20 year friendship gone in a heartbeat. My SIL lost her best friend during their wedding on Mackinac Island as well...her MOH put a huge damper on her big day. I wish you didn't have to have your MOH, but just focus on Mike and all your true friends and family, and hopefully the issues with her will fade away into the happiness of the day.

Wedding planning is just so crazy, and those last weeks are stressful, but before you know it the big day will be here and you'll have fond memories to look back on! Are you going on a honeymoon? And what is the actual date? I know it's in September...

Please let us know the details of your beautiful day, and post pictures!!!! 📷 Best wishes for a glorious wedding!

Take care Christina, and again, thanks for filling us in! Smiley Hug

Love Amy

P.S. Does Matt L. know that he's about to lose you to another man? :unsure: grinsmiley

ROFL - I don't know Amy, Matt has lost his chance but I'll always be a devoted fan grinsmiley

The wedding date is Sept 5th - less than a week away now ahh! LOL. And the day after, we're heading to the beach in Ft. Lauderdale - I can't wait to be away from everything for a little while.

Thanks for your advice on my MOH mess ladies - I'm trying not to let her ruin things or put a damper on our excitement. I sent her a text message yesterday telling her that she's not doing a toast at the reception - I don't want her standing up and speaking about me when she hasn't been a part of one of the biggest things in my life, certainly right now.

If you can, can you please remember us in your prayers this week? We're excited but nervous about the day working out. I know it's only one day and everything won't be *perfect*, but I'm a little nervous about being the center of attention and having everyone looking at me for the day! LOL. Thanks Love

If I don't get to check in this week, I'll be back with pictures as soon as I can 📷

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Christina,
You and your family will be in my prayers. I'm so excited for you! I can't believe that next week at this time, you'll be a married woman. LOL!! You're going to be a beautiful bride. Have a wonderful time on your wedding day, and a fabulous time on your honeymoon to Florida!! I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Wedding plans - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:48 pm

I'm a little upset tonight - my father chose yesterday to tell my mother and I that he stopped taking his medication in April. He's been lying to us for months and in an argument with my mother, told her that yesterday then told me last night. After talking to my mother, I found out he's been very irritable lately and snapping at her, and overacting at little things. Even Mike has noticed that, and I did to a degree but didn't think much of it; I was too busy with my own things to really think about it I guess. We looked up withdrawl symptoms from the medicine and found out irritability is one of the symptoms. He refuses to even think about anything and just keeps saying that he won't take medication that is "going to kill him." I don't know WHAT came over him but I'm so hurt that he picked this week to tell us about this and even more angry that he's doing this to my mother. She doesn't deserve to be lied to and yelled at. I just don't know how to put this out of my mind for this weekend.

Sorry for venting...I just don't know what else to do Blue My dad has always been pretty spiritual so I've been praying that God helps him to be open-minded and to think of his health and the well-being of his family. I don't know how to get through to him :(

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:06 am

Sorry to hear about this, Christina. I'll be praying for him.

Wedding plans - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:14 am

I'm really sorry to hear about this, Christina.

ChristinaAL wrote:
He refuses to even think about anything and just keeps saying that he won't take medication that is "going to kill him."

Do you know if there's any basis for him thinking this way? Were the meds giving him any bad side effects?
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:07 am

Oh, Christina! I am so sorry to hear that you have this worry at a time that should be one of the happiest in your life.

Possibly, if your dad wasn't happy with the medication he was on before, he could talk to his dr. about trying a different medication. I know some people don't like the way a certain medication makes them feel.

I am keeping all of you in my prayers.

And, I just want to say, enjoy your wedding day. It's okay to enjoy it and be happy, and just be a princess for a day.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:41 am

Rob wrote:
I'm really sorry to hear about this, Christina.

ChristinaAL wrote:
He refuses to even think about anything and just keeps saying that he won't take medication that is "going to kill him."

Do you know if there's any basis for him thinking this way? Were the meds giving him any bad side effects?

Long-term, antidepressents can be a health issue, especially neurologically. Some immediate side effects can be loss of a certain drive that I don't need to explain, headaches, dry mouth, sleep issues, and more. The other thing is that you need to wean yourself off of them. You can't just one day decide to stop. It's not good for your body at all.

I'm sorry that this has happened Christina. I wish I had some wisdom to share with you, but I really don't. I made a decision to come off antidepressents in 1996 and I've never regretted it. I was warned over and again about how the next depression would be worse and I really needed to be on these drugs for the rest of my life. I managed to prove that theory wrong, but every person is different. While I understand your dad's concern about the potential side effects of taking the drugs, it seems like he's using it as an excuse to not take them; and your poor mother probably doesn't know how to help him.

I hope that things improve for all of you soon. Try to just focus on yourself and your special day. I know it will be hard, but this is a day you'll want to remember happily, so accept my virtual hug and try to enjoy yourself this weekend. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:04 am

Rob wrote:
ChristinaAL wrote:

I know with my mom, she is very against medications too---I really don't know why it's gotten into her head that medications are all 'bad'....some ARE, but hers was helping her, and she chose to get off of it too. She kept it from my sister and I, I'm guessing because she thought we would lecture her for it. She actually was able to conquer her depression without out meds...I never saw any withdrawl symptoms (neither did my dad), and she was very determined to do this on her own. It sounds like your dad wanted to do the same thing, and probably didn't want to be 'lectured' by the family, and that's why he didn't tell. I agree, it was wrong of him, but if he was that opposed to the drug, I can somewhat understand that he wanted to try to get off of it, without 'interference'. The difference between him and my mom is, she was actually able to do it successfully. Like Pam said, maybe he just didn't feel 'right' on it....I don't think my mom ever did either, and that's why it scared her.

pamh36 wrote:
And, I just want to say, enjoy your wedding day. It's okay to enjoy it and be happy, and just be a princess for a day.

This is exactly what I want to say. I know it's going to be hard to keep this out of your mind, Christina, but do not allow this to overshadow the biggest day of your life. It should ALL be about you and Mike, you bothdeserve it. I'm sure Mike is very worried about how this is affecting you...make this your 'gift' to him, to focus on the day for yourselves, and put this out of your mind for later. Your dad was wrong to wait until now to spill this, but without the medication, perhaps his judgement was off. My guess is he wishes he hadn't said anything until later. You will need to work on him again, to convince him that not being on anything is not working for him, but for right now, you're going to have to let this go, for you and Mike. I will be praying for him and the family.

And I'll be praying for you two on your special day! It only happens once, so enjoy every minute! Don't worry about the people looking at you---you are going to be absolutely beautiful...you ARE the princess, so soak it up!Wedding plans - Page 5 Amour61 I'm so excited for you!!! dancegirl

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:08 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I made a decision to come off antidepressents in 1996 and I've never regretted it. I was warned over and again about how the next depression would be worse and I really needed to be on these drugs for the rest of my life. I managed to prove that theory wrong, but every person is different.

I think you and my mom were in the same boat, Cheryl. I am happy for both of you that you were able to beat this!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 1:17 pm

{{{Christina}}} I'm sorry that you're having to deal with all of this so close to your wedding. I'll be praying.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 8:04 am

I'm thinking about you today, on your wedding day, Christina. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 10:42 am

Thank you guys for the prayers. Suddenly today is here! LOL. I'm feeling calmer than I thought I would be...just nervous about walking down the aisle. My mother and I talked to my dad, had an "intervention" of sorts a few nights ago and decided to take a "time out" from his situation until next week - when he agreed to go speak to a doctor with my mother. Thank you for the prayers - I really do appreciate it. You guys are so much a part of my life and now that all the crazy planning is done, I hope to be back here more often.

{{hugs}} for my prairie pals!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:29 am

{{{Christina}}} I was thinking about you earlier this morning! Wow! I'm truly touched that you thought to stop in and visit with us on your wedding day. Love

I'm so glad that you've all decided to put everything on the back burner so that today can be completely enjoyed. I can't wait to see pictures!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 am

*a toast to Christina* May your wedding day be everything you ever dreamed of. May it be a day that you and Mike look back on fifty years from now with nothing but joy and happiness. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 5 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:45 pm

Hope your day was as special as you are, Christina. I was thinking about you yesterday, praying everything went well and I bet you wow-ed them all!

Wedding plans - Page 5 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wedding plans
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next