Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wedding plans

Go down 
+21
carolineingalls
edwina
flatbroke
Teresa
LM
Carol
Lily
Misti
Amy
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
Rob
pamh36
Vanesa
Savannah
bethandmanly
Lori
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rhonda
LIWnut
ChristinaAL
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Wedding plans - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:38 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
ChristinaAL wrote:
A little update. We were able to book the date with the church, and finally this past week, the receptional hall! I feel like we got a really good package, it includes a buffet dinner, the wedding cake, open bar, champagne toast, and floral centerpieces all in the price, which was the lowest we've found in the area. So, now we've got a year, 5 months and some odd days to save some real money to pay for everything! Should be a breeze! stars Yeah, right, LOL. But I'm excited, at least with the date secured, we can take time to plan everything else.

The official date that Christina is no longer eligible to date Matt Laborteaux . . . I mean, is getting married: September 5, 2009.

ROTFL

Sorry Christina, you were never eligible to date him because we have been secretly married for years, lol! In my dreams of course. ROTFL By the way, when are you gonna stop by my Matt forum again? grinsmiley

Anyway, congradulations! It will be here before ya know it! Cool

Well, in my dreams, I was eligible to date him! ROTFL I actually stopped by your forum last week I think, but I was just a lurker, reading but not posting. The past few weeks have been insane, trying to get everything done and prepare for graduation :woohooo: That's exciting and stressing, LOL.

Wedding plans - Page 4 ChristinaKeeper2 Wedding plans - Page 4 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 4 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 7:07 pm

That's understandable. You got a lot on your plate at the moment.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Wedding plans - Page 4 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 4 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 11:34 pm

Cheer Congratulations, Christina, on finally setting on your special date!! Cheer

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Congratulations Christina

Wedding plans - Page 4 Jacobk10Wedding plans - Page 4 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 8:17 am

ChristinaAL wrote:
The official date that Christina is no longer eligible to date Matt Laborteaux . . . I mean, is getting married: September 5, 2009. ROTFL

LOL, I love it!! :haha: Ah, poor Matt. But yes...he has Beckie! Applause Wink

Congrats to you Christina!! Like Beckie said, it will be here before you know it! Kinda like my son's graduation in a couple months...I keep thinking, WHY have I not been planning this like YEARS in advance?!?! I mean, I knew it was coming!! :unsure: It doesn't sound like you're the procrastinator that I am though---you'll be fine! Wink Keep us updated as you go! Can't wait to see the dress you pick! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:50 pm

I am going to be her maid of honor! grinsmiley

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 6:50 pm

LOL, Just foolin ya. :shifty:

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 4 Scared10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 9:03 pm

Congratulations Christina!!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 6:59 pm

Congratulations!

Wedding plans - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 8:04 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
I am going to be her maid of honor! grinsmiley

Could I be your maid-of-honor when you marry Matt? I couldn't try to steal him, since I'm already promised to be married LOL...but I would just love to meet him! grinsmiley

And, thank you EllieJane and Lori! Wave

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 8:06 pm

Lol, ok! Wink

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:56 pm

Wow, I haven't updated this in over a year! Luckily, we've been doing lots of planning and things are still on track. Here's some details:

- I had my first dress fitting last week; it needs some alterations, like the $120 half inch hem they have to do to the front Blue LOL but I'm hoping it will be worth it
- Bridesmaids have their dresses, I'm working on getting them to get matching shoes, and we're planning my shower for July :)
- Guys went for tuxes recently as well, so they're set
- Have the florist and bakery booked
- Have the photographer and videographer booked, they're just both so darn hard to get a hold of I'm getting a little frustrated Blue
- We ordered candles from theknot.com to give as favors, and bought little paper bags with silver hearts on them to put the candles in, along with sparkly blue tissue paper. Might start working on these tomorrow, then wrap them up to keep them from getting dusty
- Made our own centerpieces from silk flowers that we spray painted blue and made into wreaths, that we're going to wrap around glass bowls filled with blue, green and clear crystal rocks and water, with floating white candles in the shape of flowers (this was Mike's project - he did well! :haha:)
- Bought our invitations from WalMart and are planning to print them up ourselves within the next few months
- Bought place cards and thank you cards to match the invites (and the favors bags - they all have 2 silver hearts on them - kind of our theme). We have a cake topper that matches as well

I don't know if I mentioned this yet, but we had to change our venue over last summer. The first plac e seemed nice on paper, and even okay at the walk thru, but the room they were going to give us was tiny, even though they insisted 100 people would fit. The exterior also wasn't maintained, and I knew someone who went to a wedding there and complained about the food and the service. So, we went with a different place that we've only heard good things about. Hopefully, it will work out well in the end.

We're also planning our honeymoon, to Florida. After all this planning, house searching, and stress from work, we're looking forward to relaxing on the beach and having no schedule and no responsibilities for a week! :haha:

I hope I didn't ramble too much...sorry for not keeping you guys updated. I just didn't think anyone would want to read my little updates as they happened, but you all are a big part of my life and I wanted you to know what's going on with this important part of my life grinsmiley And I will shut up, now that I've talked so much in this one post! LOL.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Wow, Christina, no wonder you haven't been around here as much! OhMy Talk about busy! I can't believe it's right around the corner! (It's still September, right?).

I can't believe they want $120 to do a HEM?!?! Good grief!!

Sounds like everything is going very well...wow, even house hunting too??? Have you found anything you like yet?

Thanks for giving this update! How are the bridesmaids being about everything? I remember last time we talked 'wedding stuff' you were having a bit of a hard time with them. Did you get the dress YOU wanted for them? Hope so. If there's still problems, you know Misti and I will fill in for them. batEyes

Please continue to keep us posted on everything from here on out...we're getting down to the wire!! Good luck with everything!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:47 pm

Wow sounds to be coming along great. What are the colors for your wedding?

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Wedding plans - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 10:06 pm

:faint2: Christina, I don't know how you do it all! I'm exhausted just reading it! (And you didn't ramble at all. Trust me, I'm a pro at rambling, and would recognize it right off the bat. grinsmiley)

My stars!! $120 for a hem? They'd better be sewing that hem with golden thread. Wink

If you get a chance, I'd love to see a picture of your centerpieces. But only if you get a chance. I don't want to add one more thing for you to have to do! Laughing

Thanks for updating us! I'm so happy for you!
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Congratulations, Christina!

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Congratulations
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Wedding plans - Page 4 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 4 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 10:28 pm

Wow Christina, I got exhausted just by reading it too! And only 4 months away! OhMy I wish you nothing but the best!!! Thumbsup

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 4 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Congratulations Christina! I had a September wedding in 2008...it is a wonderful month to get married. I want to see pictures :-)

Thumbsup

Wedding plans - Page 4 SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 12:23 am

Well, aren't you a busy beaver. I'm sure your dress will be lovely and you will be radiant in it. And I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day, no matter where it takes place.

Your talk of relaxing reminds me of us. We went right from having the house built to planning the wedding. I didn't want to make another decision for a year.

I'm so excited for you. I can't believe how quickly this is coming together. Thanks for the update.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:56 am

You certainly have been very busy!!! It must be so exciting seeing things come together. The "big day" will be here before you know it!

A honeymoon in Florida, sounds perfect. Especially after all of the planning, you'll both deserve some relaxation in the sun. sunny

Wedding plans - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks for the update. It sounds like things are moving along well.

Wedding plans - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:31 am

I don't know why this popped into my head, but last night I remembered that Christina's wedding is next month!! OhMy Christina, are you still around? LOL, I can imagine how busy you are, but if you can spare a few moments we would love an update! How did the shower go? Is everything just about ready for the wedding? Hope you're not pulling your hair out yet! Just think, all this planning will have been worth it very soon!

Wedding plans - Page 4 Mariage

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:34 am

I can't believe it is next month already!! I'm sure is very busy right now. I'd love to hear an update too. grinsmiley

Wedding plans - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:38 pm

I sent her a PM so hopefully she'll get that eventually. I remember wedding planning ALL too well. That last couple of months is really NOT fun!Wedding plans - Page 4 Inclassable08 Wedding plans - Page 4 Yeux04

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wedding plans
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next