Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wedding plans

Go down 
+21
carolineingalls
edwina
flatbroke
Teresa
LM
Carol
Lily
Misti
Amy
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
Rob
pamh36
Vanesa
Savannah
bethandmanly
Lori
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rhonda
LIWnut
ChristinaAL
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 2 Love-s10

Wedding plans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 8:48 am

I liked all vintage pictures in that video, Carol! And yes, pretty song. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 5:32 pm

Congratulations! Good luck with everything.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 6:23 pm

Carol, I love that Kenny Roger's song! I have that and a million songs I'd like played at my wedding! LOL, we're going to have to narrow them down quite a bit. We were actually thinking of making a compilation CD for favors.

We are hoping to get in contact with the priest we want to marry us before Thanksgiving, then I suppose we will have to talk to the church and get special permission for him to come there. I'm a little nervous about that, I hope they will allow it. But more on that hopefully soon :)

Wedding plans - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Wedding plans - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 7:13 pm

Sounds exciting! :sillySmiley:

Wedding plans - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Wedding plans - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 9:38 pm

I wish the church will allow your priest to wed you guys there. Best wishes!! Thumbsup

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2007 4:07 pm

I hope all works out with that Priest! Applause

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 6:04 pm

Just an update: I went to a bridal fashion show and expo today with my best friend! It was a lot of fun, but wow, it made the reality hit home of how much all of this is going to cost! I have to be honest though, despite that I'm excited to plan more. We're going to try to get a walk-through the hall we want as well as reserve the church this week. (I know, I know, I wanted to do this by Thanksgiving...at least the date we want is still a year and a half away! LOL)

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 9:55 pm

That sounded like fun! Enjoy the rest of the planning.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 9:36 am

I've been to one of those bridal expo's before...as the 'matron of honor'...but I'll tell you, there is SO much that you really do NOT need to do. There is a lot that 'they' tell you that you HAVE to have, when really, you can get by with so much less, and still have a beautiful and tasteful wedding. I know it seems overwhelming right now, but try to stay focused on just the absolute 'necessities' for right now, and then add in the 'extras' that you'd really like to have, as you can. Wink

Just as a little sidenote, one of our best friends got married this past year, and went WAY non-traditional. He and his wife were married in a castle in Scotland! We thought it must have been SO much money, but come to find out, it cost NO more and was actually LESS than what it would have cost to have the big fancy wedding here in the states. It was just immediate family, and it was a 'combined' honeymoon too. I would love it if my sons chose to do this someday! I think it would be really cool! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 10:16 am

That sounds like a lot of fun, Christina. I've never been to anything like that.

I bet that year and a half will go fast! But it is plenty of time! Tim and I planned ours in 6 months and it all worked out just fine.

Wedding plans - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 11:24 am

Christina,
I know that this is REALLY late, but congratulations on your engagement!! I am so happy for you and wish you the very best! Good luck with all of your wedding planning. At least you can take your time and not feel so stressed out.

Wedding plans - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Wedding plans - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 12:25 pm

Christina, I'm so glad that you had such a nice time. I hope that you'll be able to thoroughly enjoy both the planning and the wedding. And, like Amy said, don't let people try to tell you, or convince you what you "have to" have in your wedding. Huge and expensive usually just translates into one completely stressed out bride, who's just glad to get the wedding over with. {{{Christina}}} I hope we get to see LOTS of pictures!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 2:08 pm

I'm very happy of hearing your news, Christina. I wish you the best of the lucks of this world. Marriage is wonderful! Thumbsup Cheer

Vanesa.

Wedding plans - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 2:27 pm

Christina's getting hitched? Cool.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 6:36 pm

LOL...thanks Larry (I think? ROTFL)

Thanks for your advice too, everyone - I am definitely *trying* to stay in a bit of control, LOL. I got an idea from a website, though, to make a list of three things that are most important to us in a wedding and three that are least important - for instance, flowers aren't nearly as important to me as photos. Don't worry Savannah, I'll share a ton of pictures :) You'll probably all be sick of them and me talking about this by then though ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 7:44 pm

How exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time, Christina. Enjoy planning and don't get too stressed. lol All the best to you!! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Christina, click on the dress below....it is a bridal shop in Arkansas that is having a $99 sale on gowns. They have one every year and this one ends January 14. You might find one you like and can have it adjusted when you receive it.......

Wedding plans - Page 2 12_3_124

Wedding plans - Page 2 Rhonda10Wedding plans - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : Wedding plans - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Congrants. I got married in MAy almost 7 years ago anf my bridesmaid dresses were blue too. I guess great minds think alike

Wedding plans - Page 2 EdwinaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 9:48 am

Oooh, I like this one:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3179&prodgroup=210

And out of the $99 ones, I like this one! Thumbsup

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3201&prodgroup=210

I've seen this becoming popular recently, and I really don't like it...I'm an 'all white' kind of girl:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3202&prodgroup=210

This is so pretty too---makes me think of a Disney Princess, like Belle! Applause :
http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3193&prodgroup=210

Oh, I want to get married again!!!Wedding plans - Page 2 Mariage

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 1:42 pm

Thank you for the link, Rhonda! Thumbsup

Amy, that last dress is gorgeous! And even though it's not a $99 one, it's only $199 - that's still a really good price too! I'm excited :) LOL I said to Mike the other night I almost don't want the day to come too fast b/c the planning is, though a little overwhelming at times, fun and exciting. He doesn't especially see it that way, ah men LOL.

These are some of the ones I like, even though some of them are really expensive, maybe I can get an idea from one of them to look for something similiar in a lower price:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3353&prodgroup=10

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3333&prodgroup=10

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2977&prodgroup=10

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2677&prodgroup=10

I think the last one is my favorite so far Wave

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 3:56 pm

I love every single one of those...I didn't even see that you wrote that the last one is your favorite---I decided the same thing immediately! I love the sleeves on that one and the bodice. The split down the middle is very typical of the Edwardian era, which I love. It has that 'Somewhere in Time' feel. Definitely my fave of all the dresses I've seen so far! Thumbsup We have good taste, Christina...notice the price! Whistle

I got my dress (ahem, this was back in 1990) for $80 on a bargain rack in a bridal shop. My veil ended up costing much more than the gown! LOL! But it had tons of detail and no one would have guessed I'd paid so little for it, and I got tons of compliments! Also, I know it's nice to have new, but you can save so much money buying something second-hand. Wink'

Oh, one more thing to keep in mind: A lot of times the cheaper dresses will have a very basic 'bottom', and the bodice will be more detailed. The problem is that you can see every wrinkle in the 'basic bottomed' dresses (especially if they're form fitting...my sister's dress was like this), and it will be wrinkled before you even arrive to the church! OhMy I notice all the ones you linked to David's had more detail on the bottoms, or sheering or whatever, so that's good. Even the 'princess' dress that I linked would hide a lot of wrinkles. Just something to think about that many brides I don't think consider. Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 7:23 pm

OOO, I really like the first and the last ones to Christina!! grinsmiley I love wedding dresses with designs and stuff on them. If I decide I want to get married I want my dress to be a very light pink, lol. This singer Kelis got married in a really ugly green one, lol.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Wow, Beckie...it is really wild to see that new very 'adult' pic of Matt in your avatar under my 'little boy' Matt avy! WOW!! Makes me feel old, considering I'm just a teensy bit younger than him! grinsmiley

Nice avy pic! Thumbsup

Sorry for being O.T.! Back to wedding dresses!!...that's sth I could talk about and never get bored! LOL...guess you could say I'm a typical female!Wedding plans - Page 2 Amour53Wedding plans - Page 2 Inclassable78 batEyes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Lily

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 11:07 pm

Oh I definitely love this one. I love the strapless with side drape.....very flattering!!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3353&prodgroup=10

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 8:39 am

That really is gorgeous, Lily! I bet that side 'rouching' (sp?) would be very figure-flattering too.Wedding plans - Page 2 Accord12 Gotta love figure flattering! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wedding plans   Wedding plans - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wedding plans
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next