Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 8

Go down 
+8
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
JW
Misti
Amy
Carol
Teresa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Happy010

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:01 pm

I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow evening. Although, Tuesday's are double Tivo night for us. From 7-9:00 it's American Idol and The Biggest Loser. My husband said that if there is a tie between the judges, then Simon gets the final say. That sounds good to me, considering I agree with his comments 99.9% of the time. We'll see if this season lives up to the last one.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Wow, tomorrow is the day! :fyi:

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:24 am

Eek! The count-down is on!"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Inclassable08

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:03 pm

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Tonight is the Night

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:27 pm

As funny as some of the "bad" auditions are, I enjoy watching the "good" singers more. Sometimes we see waaaaaaaaaaay too many of the bad ones.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Teresa wrote:
As funny as some of the "bad" auditions are, I enjoy watching the "good" singers more. Sometimes we see waaaaaaaaaaay too many of the bad ones.

Tell me about it. Remember William Hung?! :faint2:
That guy just about literally DESTROYS every song he touches. I will NEVER EVER hear the song "She bangs" from Ricky Martin the same way again... it is now William Hung's song... ugh! lol

If you want to play a prank... buy his christmas CD (Hung for the Holidays) and play it when you have your christmas dinner and the whole family is there... ROTFL Laughing

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 62f6b220dca0b169973e3010._AA240_.L

Check out this review from Amazon

We have been playing christmas music to Grandma for four years while she has been in a coma. My Uncle Marty bought the cd "Hung for the Holidays" and put it on constant random play for the last 24 hours. Doctors tell us there has been a great increase in brain wave activity. They tell us the brain acivity is similar to that which has been seen in patients undergoing surgery without anesthetic. Grandma's eyes are red and wide with the look of terror --- thank you William for proving that Grandma is still alive and with us. I know that if Grandma is able to rise from her bed she will first pull the CD plug and next cut Uncle Marty out of the will. Thank you so much for the best Christmas present ever!

Huh? :Hahaha:

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:19 pm

LOL, Carol!! William Hung was a big overkill! I saw Randy Jackson on the Ellen show this morning. He cracks me up. "Yo, dog."

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Carol wrote:

Funny! I figured the title alone would push grandma over the threshold. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Rob wrote:
Carol wrote:

Funny! I figured the title alone would push grandma over the threshold. Whistle

Frying pan Rob LOL

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:06 pm

Carol wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Tell me about it. Remember William Hung?! :faint2:
That guy just about literally DESTROYS every song he touches. I will NEVER EVER hear the song "She bangs" from Ricky Martin the same way again... it is now William Hung's song... ugh! lol

If you want to play a prank... buy his christmas CD (Hung for the Holidays) and play it when you have your christmas dinner and the whole family is there... ROTFL Laughing

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 62f6b220dca0b169973e3010._AA240_.L

We have been playing christmas music to Grandma for four years while she has been in a coma. My Uncle Marty bought the cd "Hung for the Holidays" and put it on constant random play for the last 24 hours. Doctors tell us there has been a great increase in brain wave activity. They tell us the brain acivity is similar to that which has been seen in patients undergoing surgery without anesthetic. Grandma's eyes are red and wide with the look of terror --- thank you William for proving that Grandma is still alive and with us. I know that if Grandma is able to rise from her bed she will first pull the CD plug and next cut Uncle Marty out of the will. Thank you so much for the best Christmas present ever!

Huh? :Hahaha:

ROTFL Thanks for the laugh Carol! Thumbsup

Ahem, you too, Rob! :haha:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:02 am

Well How did you all like it? I Was't able to Watch cause the Preacher and his Wife from the Church where me and My Sisters go to came over

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:48 am

My husband and I enjoyed it. There were some really good auditions. It was cool seeing David Cook's picture in the backdrop where all of the past winners are pictured. In the preview for tomorrow, they showed Jason Castro at the auditions in Kansas City. It looked like maybe he was there supporting a friend.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:07 am

I enjoyed it too! I really like the new judge...she's honest like Simon!! :woohooo: They NEED that. Could you guys believe the bikini chick?!?! OMG. I'm in shock that Simon actually let her through...it's not like she was even remotely good enough to get through to Hollywood. Simon!! Frying pan

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:33 am

Were there any Country Singers? grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:53 am

There was one guy.......he was from Texas, and worked at the oil rig. (The dangerous job.) He had a nice voice. I can't remember what he sang, but he had that "country" sound to his voice.
The guy who was blind. I think his name was Scott. He has a REALLY nice voice, and I can't wait to hear him once he's sitting behind that piano. He's going to be amazing.
Yes, the bikini girl was a bit over the top. Do you think that Ryan enjoyed the little kiss? LOL!! She didn't sound too bad , though. I thought she'd get through, even if she wasn't wearing the bikini.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Thanks Teresa for the info i type in all the info from the Guy from Texas and i found his name and his Audtion it was Pretty Good he Sang a Song by Roy Smith or Will Smith not sure his name is Michael Sarver now i'll check out scott lol

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Bikini girl sounded ok...but she wasn't a serious contestant. She just wants ...well...ya. Ryan needs to scald his mouth out now. He should have jumped in the pool when he saw her coming!!!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:15 pm

I Have a Little American Idol News

On TV They Said that Carrie Underwood is Dating Mike Fisher he is a Hockey Player but got no clue what team here is a Pic of him and of Carrie Underwood

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Ott0205sensjl"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Carrie_underwood

Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Ok everyone season 8 is so weird so far! I havn't like ANYONE there yet. I guess after that cute country guy that got cut the last day of auditions, I am spoiled in AI. I want him to audition again. I was going to audition this year but I lost my voice! I was so sad, also, my dad thinks I should wait until i am 18. *But I am soooo trying out next year* You ALL have to vote for me!

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Amy wrote:
Could you guys believe the bikini chick?!?! OMG.

I averted my eyes the whole time she was on. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Yes, you and Simon both, Rob. LOL!!

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm

Ya Rob...SURE! YOUR EYES BUG JUST LIKE BARNEYS!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:01 pm

I liked the girl that was wearing pink and had the tatoos... why do they have to do their whole arm? lol Anyway, I liked her voice.
I also liked that teenage guy who has a dark look and likes making scary films... lol He had a nice voice I thought..

And bikini girl... even though she's going to hollywood, I don't think she'll make it past that... because showing up in a bikini? I don't think she's taking the competition seriously...

What did you guys think of the guy w/ deep voice? Wow! LOL
And Paula tells him that maybe he can do voice overs for movies that have monsters in them or something LOL