Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 8

Go down 
+8
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
JW
Misti
Amy
Carol
Teresa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Love-s10

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:37 am

Hmm, I can't remember what Kristen and Kendall sang, Jacob! :think: Probably not a good sign, huh? Both of them, IMO, had good song choices. The judges didn't like Kristen's but I thought it showed off her range really well. I think she has 'one up' on Kendall, in that she has more control.

Rob, I forgot to mention Ju'not! I liked him very much! Good grief, this third round was so good, I have to wonder if a couple of the wild cards are going to come out of there!

Carol, I think your top three are my top 3. Wink

So, Idol is on for 3 nights this week...I'm guessing the wild card round is tomorrow night? :think:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:08 pm

One more thing...I realized who Lil reminds me of! Do you guys remember Regina King, from Jerry Maguire? She played the wife of Cuba Gooding Jr.? I think Lil looks, sounds, and almost acts just like her! Kinda funny!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm betting tonight's picks will be...

Guy: Scott
Girl: Lil
Wild card: Jorge
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Amy wrote:
Hmm, I can't remember what Kristen and Kendall sang, Jacob! :think: Probably not a good sign, huh?

Laughing No it's not. I can't remember either.... lol

I hope my 3 make it tonight!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:58 pm

I remember Kendall sang "This One's For the Girls." Was it Kristen who sang the Tracy Chapman song "Give Me a Reason"?
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Rob wrote:
I remember Kendall sang "This One's For the Girls." Was it Kristen who sang the Tracy Chapman song "Give Me a Reason"?

Neither one stood out for me, I'm sorry... it's no shock that a blonde girl like that will sing country... lol I mean, you have to be REALLY good to stand out in a sea of blonde country singers lol, but Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift rock!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Well.........hopefully we only have one more evening of..........Tatiana. At least "Norman" didn't make the top 8 for the wild card performances tomorrow night. Only 3 more can make it, so we'll see. Of the 8 chosen this evening to perform tomorrow, I'm not sure who I really like. Hopefully they'll all pick good songs and really BRING IT!!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 2:16 pm

My goodness what a night!!!

Well, at least 2 of my favorites got the top 3 last night.. but I'm dissapointed Felicia was not one of them... although, judging from her performance and the judges coments I was sure she was going to come back as a wild card but what a dissapointment!!!!

Okay, so here are my thoughts on the wild card picks:

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Von_smith Von Smith - Okay, he's okay but not great, I would have prefer someone else over him.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Ricky_braddy Ricky Braddy - He has a good voice so he deserves this spot.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Jasmine_murray Jasmine Murray - She has not stood out to me, not sure why the judges picked her.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Megan_corkrey Megan Joy Corkrey - I'm glad she was picked! I liked her voice... it's different

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Tatiana_nicole_del_toro Tatiana Nicole Del Toro - *cue Jaws music* she's baaaaack! lol Yes she may be a drama queen but she does have a good voice and I'm glad she got picked, although I doubt it she will make the top 12, if it were up to me I'd put her there, but that's just me lol

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Matt_giraud Matt Giraud - He was good but he better pick a better song this time!!! I know he can sing, he sound specially good w/ the piano

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Jesse_langseth Jesse Langseth - I'm not happy about this at all! She was a last minute change... it makes me think that she took Felicia's spot!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Anoop_desai Anoop Desai - Glad he got in, he has a voice!

I'm not sure who will make it because they haven't performed yet but I'm hoping the following people bring it so that they could get a chance to go in the top 12: Ricky, Megan, Tatiana, Matt & Anoop!

I am so sad that Felicia & Misha were not picked! Blue I really was hoping they'd be in the top 12.
"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Felicia_barton "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 Mishavonna_henson
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:32 pm

I am so excited for tonight! They picked a great 8, IMO....I can see why they picked Tatiana, because she can sing, not to mention, she's 'interesting, to say the least...this was no surprise to me that she was picked. BUT, I am most upset about Jasmine---I thought she was pretty much terrible on her night. SHE is the one who took Felicia's spot, IMHO---Felicia deserved to be in there, not Jasmine. Jessie Langseth can totally SING and I'm thrilled she got up there (I voted for her!)...it was a big surprise though that she was picked! And I'm super happy for Von (that boy has some pipes!) and for my Matt Giroud!! He'd better bring it tonight or I'll be upset! Wink I am so happy for him that he was picked, but he needs to realize that he can't really sing that "Coldplay" kind of stuff. Just because you like a certain style of music, doesn't mean you're cut out to sing it. He is totally jazz/soulful, like what the judges said. Hope he can accept that.

I must say, I'm a bit sad for Ju 'Not...I'm thrilled that Jorge got in over him, because I think Jorge has something really special (he may become a fave of mine!), but Ju 'Not can certainly sing and I liked his personality too.

The only problem with tonight? It's cutting into my Survivor time! Guess I gotta record something!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 5:50 pm

So the Judges pick the last 3 right?
Right now in the top 9, there are SIX boys and THREE girls! I think they should at least pick 2 girls to make it more even!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Yep, that's right Carol. Gee, I almost feel like we need a top 15 or 16 now!! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 7:50 pm

Amy wrote:
BUT, I am most upset about Jasmine---I thought she was pretty much terrible on her night. SHE is the one who took Felicia's spot, IMHO---Felicia deserved to be in there, not Jasmine. Jessie Langseth can totally SING and I'm thrilled she got up there (I voted for her!)...it was a big surprise though that she was picked!

I just thought it was Jesse because Paula said she was a last minute change... so she was not even gonna be in it, but during the commercial break, they made the change. I really thought Felicia was gonna be it according to Paula and all the good reviews she got.

Anyway, I can see why she got there though, she does have a unique sound. So, I would have preferred Felicia over Jasmine. Ay! These Judges! lol

Well it should be an interesting night.
About Von... here is a funny video I saw on youtube grinsmiley