Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

American Idol - Season 10

Go down 
+7
alexczarn
Misti
JW
Teresa
Savannah
Joe
Rob
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Purple2

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:13 pm

I was in complete SHOCK!!! Such a sad night to watch Pia sing her last song, and she belted it out......Poor judges, they couldn't keep it in.....such a sad sad night........Seems no matter how many times a person votes, someone is padding the others..... scratchead

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Rhonda10American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:36 pm

I wish the Judges had more control of the votes. Maybe it could be 50% judges and then the rest what America votes.

A lot of people are not voting right. Tons of people belonging on VoteForTheWorst.com vote a ton of times for people they think are bad. I heard someone say that they would try to get rid of Pia Ranting

And then you have a lot of little kids voting for their cutest guy.

I think that the Save should have been used here instead. They used it way too early... without enough time passing to see how the contestants grew with their talent.

Oh well... enough people saw Pia and I think that someone will pick her up...

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:30 pm

I have always not liked the fact the audience votes; simply because they do this "vote the worst" or just because someone is cute, etc. I think they should simply vote because they think they are the very best singer, not for any other reason.

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 HummerAmerican Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 MistiKeeperAmerican Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Bookclub5American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Looks like Pia will be on Jay Leno tonight and Ellen will have her on the show next week.
I have a feeling Pia will be alright Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:39 am

Carol and Misti, I agree with you two that there should be a judges vote. I wish it was more like Dancing with the Stars in that way.

Misti wrote:
I have always not liked the fact the audience votes; simply because they do this "vote the worst" or just because someone is cute, etc. I think they should simply vote because they think they are the very best singer, not for any other reason.

Have you seen the new previews for the new show "The Voice"? They make it sound like they're only judged on the voice, that is IT. Should be cool.

Here's the latest on the Pia controversy. But IMO, it's no different than Jennifer Hudson or Chris Daughtry going. This stuff is going to happen. At least Pia can learn from those other two that she can do really well despite losing. Heck, we hear more from Jennifer and Chris than we do most of the other Idols! Controversy for Pia is a good thing. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 70708

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/9951/pia-toscano-controversy-still-surrounding-american-idol-jennifer-lopez-named-most-beautiful-woman-in-world-fans-say-meh-to-charlie-sheens-tour/

Oh, and I definitely think they got the cover of People magazine's 50 most beautiful right. Jennifer just gets better with age. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 185146 I love that it's her and not someone in their 20's. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 68167 Also, Jennifer is a 'natural beauty, IMO....she doesn't even need make-up. Makes me ill. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 279394 American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 440956
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:11 pm

I have seen the previews for The Voice, Amy, and I'll definitely watch it.

Yay for Jen! Was she just (just??) voted one of the 50 most beautiful? Ryan said she'd been named Most Beautiful Woman. She is quite a stunner.

But here's an odd thing. When the judges come out, they're always in the same left to right order - Randy, Jennifer and Steven. But the announcer always says Jennifer's name last. Wonder why that is. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 988160

So who's going home tonight? After the Pia fiasco, it could be anybody. But I'm guessing it's either Haley or Stefano.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:31 pm

It was Paul No BIG GRIN PAUL..........greenS

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Rhonda10American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:15 pm

No more Paul... but it was his time.. grinsmiley

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 PaulM

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:56 pm

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 440956

I'd been rooting for Paul to get voted off, but for the past couple of weeks, I'd warmed to him a bit.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:46 pm

I haven't had time to get over here to talk about the latest vote-off. I figured it would be no skin off your back, Rob. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 771460 I kind of liked him, but wasn't 'attached' either. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 702150 Stephano sure is in the bottom a lot! Why???? I think he's great! Well, at least last week was no real 'surprise'.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Haley & James rocked it last night!!!
I really like the song Haley sang... I had never heard it before but that is not going in my iPod list! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:07 pm

I just went to youtube and checked those out Carol. I missed the show last night. You're right, they did really great! Loved the drumline for James! And LOL, all I could think of was Adam Lambert with the screaming. Not my thing, and James (IMO) doesn't hold a candle to Adam, but he's still pretty darn good!

David Cook will be on tonight! *SWOON* American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 129986
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Right there with ya, cougar!

And for the men...........Katy Perry.

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Sure is a lot better professional talent than they've had recently, I must say! American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 68167
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:11 pm

I hope you're not saying that Iggy Pop wasn't a treat for the eyes and ears. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 916

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 110418043636_iggy%20pop
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 pm

HOT.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Speaking of hot. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 129986

*Sigh* So, David is amazing as always. I liked his song! And goodness, I do believe he might be looking just a wee bit older? What do you say cougar-girl...do we have a shot?? American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 771460 I'm ready to become a groupie anytime you are! American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 70708
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 pm

The talk in here tonight is scandalous! American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 931

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 811339

Re Katy Perry's performance: It seems like a lot of the new singers - Katy, Lady Gaga, The Black-Eyed Peas, etc. - have very little to do with singing, and are more like... performance art. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 988160

I would not have put Jacob and Stefano in the bottom two.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Rob! American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 135245

And, you beat me to it. I was going to say that SAME thing! Since when did Katy Perry become Lady Gaga?!?! What the heck?! Doesn't anyone just SING anymore???? American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 988160 So are singers just getting weirder and weirder or am I just getting older and older? American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 279394 (That's a rhetorical question, by the way. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 771460 )

I guess it was Stephano's turn to go, since he's been in the bottom 3 so often, but I do think he's very good!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:46 am

Yes, my fellow cougar, David DID look a few years older. Ha! I think he's 28 or 29 now. It's not like he's 18 or anything.

I liked his new song, and enjoyed hearing him sing "live" again. Katy Perry, however................I fast forwarded through it after about 10 seconds. Not for me!

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:31 am

Teresa wrote:
Yes, my fellow cougar, David DID look a few years older. Ha! I think he's 28 or 29 now. It's not like he's 18 or anything.

Yes, that would be just wrong. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 440956

His mom is so beautiful....she's probably the one idol parent out of all of them that I would recognize on a street. That was so cute when David said, after she hugged Steven Tyler, "I'm going to have to talk to you after the cameras are off." LOL!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Rob wrote:
I hope you're not saying that Iggy Pop wasn't a treat for the eyes and ears. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 916

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 110418043636_iggy%20pop

WHO WAS THAT GUY?!!!! I know of the song but I never knew who sang it. The guy looked like he was about to pass out and was having spasms or was that the way he danced? Laughing

Rob wrote:

Re Katy Perry's performance: It seems like a lot of the new singers - Katy, Lady Gaga, The Black-Eyed Peas, etc. - have very little to do with singing, and are more like... performance art. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 988160

Yeah, I don't get it. That is why I am always happy when I discover an artist who has a lot of talent and is known more for her vocal talent than for dressing crazy and putting such a big theatrical show that you forget they are actually there to sing lol. Thanks to Haley who sang "Rolling in the Deep" I was able to discover Adele. I posted her video above and she sounds just as good live. She's funny too! Check her out on this British talk show and then singing live.

Teresa wrote:
Katy Perry, however................I fast forwarded through it after about 10 seconds. Not for me!

I also did the same thing. I couldn't get my finger on that fast forward button fast enough! lol

Amy wrote:
That was so cute when David said, after she hugged Steven Tyler, "I'm going to have to talk to you after the cameras are off." LOL!

Laughing Yeah, I liked that lol

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Thanks for the Adele videos, Carol. She has a nice voice. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 70708

Carol wrote:
WHO WAS THAT GUY?!!!! I know of the song but I never knew who sang it. The guy looked like he was about to pass out and was having spasms or was that the way he danced? American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 135245

That's Iggy Pop, who was in a band called the Stooges in the late '60s, early '70s. They're regarded by some as the first punk band.

Strange... he and Steven Tyler are both in their sixties, and both had to be bleeped for dropping F-bombs - Iggy during his song, and Steven last Wednesday. That's the way it is with Idol... the kids are alright, but the grandpas are giving the show a bad name. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 440956
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Rob wrote:
Strange... he and Steven Tyler are both in their sixties, and both had to be bleeped for dropping F-bombs - Iggy during his song, and Steven last Wednesday. That's the way it is with Idol... the kids are alright, but the grandpas are giving the show a bad name. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 440956

Wow, and Steven was either bleeped last night or caught himself, did you notice that? It was at the very beginning of the show, when Ryan was standing right by him and talking to him, and Ryan made a face and said "Hey", and you could hear Randy saying "Yo dawg, family show" or something like that. LOL!! Well, that was the risk Fox took when they put him in that seat! American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 279394

Carol, I agree---Adele is great! She started making the circuit through the morning shows and talk shows two or three months ago and that's when I got to 'know' her.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:17 pm

I can actually say, something I haven't said since many, many seasons ago..........I actually CARE who gets voted off. This episode was so sad. bawling

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 HummerAmerican Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 MistiKeeperAmerican Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Bookclub5American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

American Idol - Season 10
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next