Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

American Idol - Season 10

Go down 
+7
alexczarn
Misti
JW
Teresa
Savannah
Joe
Rob
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Happy011

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:07 pm

What about Scotty McCreery (not sure of the Spelling) and John Wayne Schulz? are they still there?

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Jacobk10American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 3:17 pm

I watched the last 45 minutes. I'm pretty unimpressed so far. I liked the quirky guy with the "James Blunt" type voice. I couldn't STAND the curly long haired girl....oh my gosh, there is no WAY she beat out the Chris Medina guy. What?!?! I also thought that cute 16 year old guy with all the hair should have gone through. And I liked the blond 17 year old girl. I really liked how Chris Medina sang "Fix You"...love that song and he sang it beautifully. But I haven't watched this, so I don't know how inconsistent he's actually been. I'm glad to hear you say you were rolling your eyes too Teresa....that didn't seem 'real' at all to me. I didn't know the back-story at the time, so gave her the benefit of the doubt, but it seemed like it was all really 'played up' for drama's sake.American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Hein38

Actually, when they showed the previews, Teresa, I really thought that maybe that 15 year old kid was the one getting sent home, and that's why Jen was so upset.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:42 pm

JW wrote:
What about Scotty McCreery (not sure of the Spelling) and John Wayne Schulz? are they still there?

Pretty sure they are, Jacob. They're making the final cuts tonight.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Wow, I couldn't believe Jennifer broke down like that but I think his story got the best of her probably.

It was an awful thing that happened to him and I was really rooting for him, but he did NOT wow me in Hollywood at all... at all. Blue And I really wanted him to wow me. His very first audition made me cry and I got upset thinking how unfair life is sometimes.

Not all the contestants had back stories and the ones that do make you like that person more and feel sorry sometimes and makes you want you to pull for them. Chris not only had the back story but he also brought his fiance to the audition, she even got to meed the judges, etc.

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 CMedina_300

More than ever I was pulling for Chris but the truth was that I was pulling for him because I wanted him to get rich and take care of his fiance. He sang good at his first audition but his other auditions were just okay. He's not terrible but compared to other contestants, he wasn't really standing out. I'm sure with practice he could get a lot better though.

I think that since American Idol didn't put Chris through to the top 24, they should at least give him something for running that story about him, making a private event, very public.

Here is what Jennifer said today about her crying:

Lopez said, "I just couldn't believe I had to deliver this news to this person who had been through a lot—and is going through a lot...I felt like I didn't it do it well enough to send him into where he needed to go in his life and be OK. And I didn't want to be a part of that moment in his life…He handled it with such dignity and such class—that made it worse for me. [Laughs.] It was like, 'Oh, he's so awesome. I respect this person so much, and it was just tough.'"

So I was right. It was hard for her to tell him now after everything they did with him, the backstory, and just everything his going through in general. I think that he will be okay though... I believe someone will do something for him.

Update:

An original song, “What Are Words,” has been written for Chris to perform that was inspired by his emotional story.

Songwriter-producer Rodney Jerkins wrote and produced the song only a few days ago and it will debut tonight digitally following American Idol!

A video was filmed this past weekend and will premiere at 2 p.m. on AOL.com on Friday.

According to a report from TV Squad, Medina will perform his soon-to-be-released song for Jay Leno and his audience Friday. Rickey Minor and The Tonight Show Band will assist Medina on “What Are Words,” a song written and produced by Rodney Jerkins.

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:39 pm

I know I'm going to sound like a cad, but although I have no doubt it was hard for Jennifer to deliver that news, and that she WAS deeply touched and saddened, I still think she played it up for the cameras. As I said in another thread, there is a lot of exploitation in reality TV...the 'go for the tear' ploy, and IMO, she was going for it. Sorry if that comes off as crass, but it's what I saw. I'm not saying she wasn't affected, but I think they took it (all of them) to the extreme.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Boy, what a cad. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 771460

I tend to take things at face value, so her emotions seemed genuine to me. I remember early in the auditions there was a contestant whose daughter was... autistic, maybe? Jen had tears running down her face while listening to her sing. She just seems to have a lot of empathy for people.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Amy wrote:
I know I'm going to sound like a cad, but although I have no doubt it was hard for Jennifer to deliver that news, and that she WAS deeply touched and saddened, I still think she played it up for the cameras.

What?! thud lol
It looked very genuine to me. I could tell by her 'crying face' lol
I was crying myself, I can imagine Jennifer dealing it face to face. Remember, latinos are very emotional people lol The camera men sure did enjoy focusing on her though...

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Carol wrote:
The camera men sure did enjoy focusing on her though...

Hard to believe they're bypassing eye candy like Steven and Randy. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 68167
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:47 pm

I believe that Jennifer was very sad about having to let him go, but she started walking off, saying that she couldn't do this anymore, and then Randy and Steven were going after her. It was just a little too much. It seemed like it got away from her, and turned into something that was staged. I felt like I was watching a soap opera. When she first started crying, that was believable, but then she kept going and going, and then all the drama of it all. I was like, "Jennifer, this isn't about YOU, it's about Chris." If you felt this strongly about him, you should have kept him on a bit longer. What was it going to hurt? He's better than a few that are left, that's for sure. I like how they show their emotions, and really seem to connect with the contestants, but there is a point where you back it off a bit, so that it doesn't seem like overkill. Do you get what I mean? She was a little over the top.

I agree, Amy. She totally played it up for the cameras.

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Rob wrote:
Boy, what a cad. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 771460

I digress. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 688644 American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 135245

Rob wrote:
I tend to take things at face value, so her emotions seemed genuine to me. I remember early in the auditions there was a contestant whose daughter was... autistic, maybe? Jen had tears running down her face while listening to her sing. She just seems to have a lot of empathy for people.

And I really do get that...I don't doubt she felt emotional and empathetic, but for me, after awhile, it felt like I was watching bad acting. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 29545

Carol wrote:

And that's true with all the reality shows, and talk shows too. They're all about moving in on that tear. I was just watching a behind the scenes on Oprah when she had George Bush on, and the producers were like, "He's tearing up!!" , and then you see that camera driving right into a close up on his eyes, LOL! It's quite humorous.

Rob wrote:
Carol wrote:

Hard to believe they're bypassing eye candy like Steven and Randy. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 68167

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 85958

Teresa wrote:
When she first started crying, that was believable, but then she kept going and going, and then all the drama of it all. I was like, "Jennifer, this isn't about YOU, it's about Chris."

That's what it was for me too...it got to a point where I was just going, ok 'enough is enough' people, and that wasn't just Jennifer I was feeling that toward. I didn't feel like I was witnessing 'raw emotions' here, I was witnessing staging.

Teresa wrote:
I like how they show their emotions, and really seem to connect with the contestants, but there is a point where you back it off a bit, so that it doesn't seem like overkill. Do you get what I mean? She was a little over the top.

Yes, I totally know what you mean. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 702150

It's cool...we can all just agree to disagree. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 811339 I like Jennifer, this won't affect that, and it's not that I don't think she's a 'genuine person' otherwise...it was just in this one instance.

Moving on.... American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 68167

I really like some of the people they have picked tonight so far! Can't wait until we finally get to the stage!! American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 70708
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:00 pm

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 988160 Yikes, out of that final three guys, I would have really liked to have seen Colton go through. Kind of surprised that the piano didn't win the judges over...and that kid can sing!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:03 pm

I thought that Jacee (Jaycee?) should've made it. In that last song he sang, he had a really pure-sounding voice.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:36 pm

Oh, he has such a beautiful voice! But it didn't sound like his voice had changed yet, even at 15! I wonder if that worried the judges?
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Here are the top 24!

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 182604_10150196461174012_210413314011_8896275_348164_n

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:32 pm

There are the people I like grinsmiley

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Ashthon_jones_210x156 Ashton Jones
I like her voice

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Brett_loewenstern_210x156 Brett Loewenstern
He is like a flower child or something lol I was glad that he was picked out of the last 3 boys.

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Julie_zorrilla_210x156 Julie Zorrilla
She was very consistent. Like her

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Karen_rodriguez_210x156 Karen Rodriguez
Love this girl!

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Lauren_alaina_210x156 Lauren Alaina
One of my favorites

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Scotty_mccreery_210x156 Scotty McCreery
Two words: Deep Voice lol

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Stefano_langone_210x156 Stefano Langone
It will be interesting to see him perform

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Thia_megia_210x156 Thia Megia
Another young favorite.

I think that this year, it might be a girl winner.

*How about you guys?
You can get their pics from here:
http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_10/ Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Hey, thanks for that, Carol.

I like Casey, (fourth from the left, back row, beard) the guy who played the upright bass. And... Rachel, is it?... sitting at left in the fishnets. And I like that Robby kid (was that his name?), the 16-year-old sitting on the floor at right. And Julie Zorilla, wherever she is. Before this is over, I bet we see her fans holding signs that say, "Zorilla's Guerillas." American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 811339
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:43 pm

I posted before I saw the link you provided, Carol. Thanks! I forgot about Ashton. I thought she was really good. So here are my preliminary picks:

Ashton Jones

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Ashthon_jones_210x156

Casey Abrams

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Casey_abrams_210x156

Rachel Zenita

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Rachel_zevita_210x156

Julie Zorilla

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Julie_zorrilla_210x156

Robby Rosen

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Robbie_rosen_210x156
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Hmmmm... does anybody see any pics there as opposed to red exes? American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 987572
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Nope, I can't see them either. Rob, I like that guy too---he was the jazzy cello guy, right? And Carol, from what I saw I liked Thei too...glad she beat out the rocker chick.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Rob wrote:
Before this is over, I bet we see her fans holding signs that say, "Zorilla's Guerillas." American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 811339

laugh3 Well, considering her parents came to America to get away from the Guerillas in her country, I don't think that would stick... lol

How about Zorilla's Chinchillas? Laughing
American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Funny-Chinchilla-Pictures-chinchilla-18046455-213-237American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Funny-Chinchilla-Pictures-chinchilla-18046455-213-237

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Amy wrote:
And Carol, from what I saw I liked Thei too...glad she beat out the rocker chick.

That rocker chick was getting on my nerves with her wining about it being her birthday and that she's done this several times and again... it was her birthday so don't mess it up...

See ya!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Carol wrote:
American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 85958 Well, considering her parents came to America to get away from the Guerillas in her country, I don't think that would stick... lol

Ah. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 68167 Well, the chinchillas are definitely cuter. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 135245

How about Zorilla's Tortillas?

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Taco
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:38 pm

JW wrote:

Jacob, unfortunately the last three men that went before the judges were John Wayne Schultz (I was pulling for him because he sings good & he lives 30 miles down the road from me), the 15-year-old & the one David calls "Carrot Top." Carrot Top was the one of the three that made it. I was bummed!

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 HummerAmerican Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 MistiKeeperAmerican Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Bookclub5American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:49 pm

Carol wrote:
Amy wrote:
And Carol, from what I saw I liked Thei too...glad she beat out the rocker chick.

That rocker chick was getting on my nerves with her wining about it being her birthday and that she's done this several times and again... it was her birthday so don't mess it up...

See ya!

For real. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 279394 I was pretty surprised by her attitude....usually you see that kind of thing from the really 'early on' auditioners, you know? And generally their the ones that aren't any good? I mean, if she decided to come back AGAIN, does she think the judges would put her through the next time now??? Not smart.

Misti wrote:
JW wrote:

Jacob, unfortunately the last three men that went before the judges were John Wayne Schultz (I was pulling for him because he sings good & he lives 30 miles down the road from me), the 15-year-old & the one David calls "Carrot Top." Carrot Top was the one of the three that made it. I was bummed!

>>I could have sworn they called the piano playing kid of the final three group "Colton". American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 988160 I really liked him and was hoping he'd get it.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:12 pm

Everybody still watching? I thought there were some really good performances by the guys last night. More good than bad, which is pretty unusual for the first live night.

Tonight, the girls...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

American Idol - Season 10
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next