Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

American Idol - Season 10

Go down 
+7
alexczarn
Misti
JW
Teresa
Savannah
Joe
Rob
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Love-s10

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Rob, just a reminder that "The Voice" is premiering right now!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Yup, got it tuned in, Amy. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:00 pm

I haven't had a chance to get back here....I missed AI last week, and I'm so bummed to learn Casey is out! Blue He was one of my favorites. He performed on Regis and Kelly this morning and did a great job. This competition is tough!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Boy, it sure is. Most seasons it seems like there are one or two really good singers at this point. This year pretty much everybody in the top 11 was good enough to win. Amazing!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Rob wrote:
Wow, the Black-Eyed Peas just performed. Now I know what Conan O'Brien was talking about when he said the Egyptian government was going to disperse the crowds of demonstrators with a Black-Eyed Peas concert. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 68167

Looks like someone else shares your opinion on the Black-Eyed Peas Rob... Laughing

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 GraceBEP

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 5:34 pm

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 222270
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 5:44 pm

laugh3

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:21 pm

Carol!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:10 pm

laugh3

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Jacobk10American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:13 pm

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 85958 Carol!! That's perfect!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:49 pm

I know this is probably not going to be the popular opinion, but I'm going to say it anyway. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 702150 I honestly think the show has lost its edge without Simon. The judges are just too nice. This is the point in the competition where everyone needs to be completely on their game, totally standing out as who they will be as an artist. Scotty McCreery? A dime a dozen. Alaina----no breath control. James Durbin---a poor substitute as this season's Adam Lambert. They all DO have talent, I'm not saying that. I agree with you Rob, that they are a good group. But these judges do not 'offer' anything, IMO. I thought a couple of these singers were horrible tonight, but the judges kissed their feet. What???? Simon would have offered constructive criticism......it might have stung, but at least it would have been real. For example, Scotty's 'You were always on my mind" song....he sung it exactly like the original and it was a total snoozefest. What ever happened to making it your own??? Haley Reinhart is the standout here...I think she's the most improved and she's got something that others lack. AND she makes songs her own. She's not my style, but she deserves to win the whole thing, in my opinion.

Feel free to disagree....I just needed to get that our there. It's been bugging me for awhile, that the expectations of these judges has been lowered from the good ol' days. Even Randy has jumped on the nicety nice wagon. They don't need to be mean, but I find their lack of criticism annoying. (Not to say they never criticize, but it's been few and far between).
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:40 pm

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 T3609

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 811339

Well, who's going home tonight? I think it might be Jacob.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Jacob or Scotty......Judges don't seem to think they are pushing themselves as hard as they should this late in the game..... scratchead

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Rhonda10American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:00 pm

I was a big Simon fan. That's the only reason I kept watching after season 7. I haven't watched this season. I've just lost interest. I think I'll give the "X Factor" a shot. It would be nice to see Simon and Paula together again. As much as Paula annoyed me at times, I really miss her. Paula, Simon and Randy had great chemistry.

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Is it for sure that Paula will be on Simon's show? I had heard rumors about it, but never heard anything final. I have to admit, I miss those two together! greenS

The 'mentor' criticized the contestants tonight exactly where I would have liked the judges to last night. Just sayin'. Whistle

I think it's going to be Jacob or Lauren tonight. They were the two that I thought were pretty bad last night, and I don't think they have the fan base that Scotty has.

Oh, I see that Scotty is safe....I didn't click this soon enough. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:46 pm

You're right, Amy. It's not a done deal. Paula is being considered. I had seen an interview with Simon, saying how much he'd love to work with Paula again. I just assumed she was in. I just looked it up online, and realized I jumped the gun. It looks like 2 other judges have signed on, so maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part.

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Teresa wrote:
It looks like 2 other judges have signed on, so maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Aw, bummer. Blue Like you said, I did like their chemistry. Hopefully he'll 'click' with the ones he's chosen. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:25 am

Check it out Teresa! Paula IS on Simon's show---they just started filming yesterday! Thumbsup

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-rt-entertainment-us-patre7472kw-20110508,0,6734053.story
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Amy wrote:
I know this is probably not going to be the popular opinion, but I'm going to say it anyway. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 702150 I honestly think the show has lost its edge without Simon. The judges are just too nice.

Gotta admit that I don't miss Simon, but I liked the current judges a lot more during the open auditions. There was more humor, and they had a wider variety of comments. Now everything is "beautiful" to Steven, "amazing" to Jennifer, and Randy... well, everybody's "in it to win it!" It's getting a bit monotonous.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:05 pm

LOL, yeah---how many times can Randy say "in it to win it?!" Yikes He's always said that, but never as much as this season! Laughing

Who do you think is going to win it? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see any one of these final contestants win. Even though they're not all my first pics, I can see their appeal to Americans and why they are the final four.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:12 pm

I agree that it could be any of them. I think the two best pure singers are gone now: Pia and Jacob.

It's funny, but when we were at the final eleven, I thought that Lauren and Haley were two of the weaker entries, and I expected they'd bow out fairly quickly. But here they still are, and either one could win. I wouldn't be surprised to see Scotty win; he's been a fan favorite right from the start. And if James picks the right songs, he could very easily finish on top.

So in conclusion, I have no idea. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 811339 Who are you leaning toward?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Rob wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Scotty win; he's been a fan favorite right from the start.

I am guessing it's going to be either him or Haley. It's been awhile since a country singer has won, and he's certainly good. Haley has that 'edgy' quality, and is pretty unique. But then I think of James and I think people like his back story and what he's had to fight through to get here---it's inspiring. And he's just really likeable. Soooo, yeah. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 68167 No clear cut answers on my end either! American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 988160 The only one I'll be surprised if she wins is Lauren....not that she doesn't have talent, but she's pretty ordinary. Scotty is too, in my opinion, but people love country.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:28 pm

I think it will be James who will win!
American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 James_Durbin_American_Idol_May5newsnea

I like all 4 of the contestants and don't want anybody going home! lol
It was a tough night for Haley last night. She was getting upset at the judges when they commented on her "Earth" song. NOT a good time to do that Haley!! It can come off as bad and it may cost her some votes. The truth is that... I agreed with Jennifer and Randy... Earth Song is not a song to be sang like that... I mean... people will compare it to Michael. Haley did sound like she was just screaming at some parts...
I did enjoy her 2nd song though... she really came through!
Lauren had 2 both good songs.

I'm torn of which of the girls I want to see through... but if I MUST select one, I will have to go with Haley.

It will be interesting tonight!

Ugh... and why do they have Lady Gaga there????? She's not my cup of tea... lol

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Aw, come on, Carol. She's just a girl-next-door type. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 811339 Heyyy, didn't we see her at the royal wedding? American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 702150

American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Gaga

Last night on Idol she looked like a zombie version of Carol Channing. American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 279394
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Rob wrote:
Aw, come on, Carol. She's just a girl-next-door type. Heyyy, didn't we see her at the royal wedding?

laugh3

Carol, I agree about Haley---I didn't see it last night, but she does have an inconsistency problem. And you're right, arguing with the judges at the very end of the competition is NOT smart! OhMy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol - Season 10   American Idol - Season 10 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

American Idol - Season 10
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next