Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Mother has Cancer!

Go down 
+12
Lori
Amy
Gin
Kristina
Krissy
Davetucson
bethandmanly
Savannah
Rhonda
Teresa
Rob
LIWnut
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54429
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Happy010

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:56 pm

I'm SO happy that they were able to make her feel better!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Thanks for the prayers for my mom. She has been a trooper through this whole process. She had no side effects from the first chemo treatment. She goes back for a second one on the 31st. Since her last treatment she has been in the ER twice to have fluid removed from her abdomen. After this happens she is a much happier comper. She hasn't been out of the house much because she gets tired walking so yesterday she got a walker that she can push and sit if she needs to. Tomorrow she plans on going to church, her cell counts are up high enough. We have to make sure no one with a cold comes near her. But this is the last week before the next treatment and so she wants to go.
Please keep praying. She goes for to the lab on Thursday to make sure she will be ready for Friday. She honestly doesn't look sick at all, just tired a lot. God is good and He is in control. Prayers are always welcome and greatly appreciated.

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 MarilynKeeper My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 5:16 pm

Your Mom is one of the most active women I have ever known. I am sure that is helping her deal with this now. Keep us informed and we will certainly keep the prayers going up for her. Love to your whole family.

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 6:15 pm

I'll keep praying Marilyn Smiley Hug

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Jacobk10My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7887
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:08 pm

thank you for updating us on how your Mom is doing. I'll continue to keep you and your mom in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Mom goes next week to get a port put in for the chemo.  She has her second treatment this Friday so I am hoping that she will be strong enough on Tuesday to go.  She is a brave lady and taking all of this much better than I am.  I cannot imagine life without my mom, she is my everything.  It's so hard to see her just sitting all day after being so active her whole life.  Today she did go for a short walk outside with her new walker.  She traded in her hockey stick for a walker and I still can't grasp that idea.

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 MarilynKeeper My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 8:09 am

Marilyn, I just watched the two video segments and wow, is your mom ever something else!  A hockey superstar!!  I see this was uploaded in 2009 and you said she was 79 when this was filmed?  So she's 84 now?  I am just so sorry she is going through this.  

My mother in law's name was Irene and gosh, just hearing your mom's name throughout the clips made me miss her all the more.  She died 24 years ago at 56 years old---ovarian cancer.  I always knew back then that that was young, but even more so now that I'm aging, and my hubby is almost 52.  Puts it all into perspective. Cancer sucks!! Blue

Your words hit home with me...my mother, although no hockey player, was a very fit and active woman and is now almost two years bedridden.  Alzheimers and Parkinsons.  Like your mom, my mom was my everything.  My BEST friend.  And life without her, although still 'here' physically, has been profoundly difficult for me....we did everything together and I've literally had to re-learn how to live a 'different' kind of life.  I know I've gone through some depression, dealing with the 'loss' of her.  I get to be with her still, and can hug her, and I'm grateful for that much, but 'she' is absent. I miss her, being able to share things with her and have her understand, and being able to see her enjoy life.  At 73, she is far too young.  So I know what you mean, how difficult it is to witness such a healthy, beautiful person's health deteriorate.  These months ahead will be challenging for you.  Your mom is SO blessed to have such a wonderful and loving daughter beside her to comfort her throughout this.  She sounds like such an amazing person, and she created an amazing daughter.  I am praying for you and for her.

And Marilyn, I must say I really loved seeing you in the video and hearing your voice!  There is just something about that is so cool!! Smile

(Oh, and I thought it was so neat that your mom scrapbooks too! It inspires me to get back to doing that myself!)

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:28 am

Thank you Amy.  My mom is now 85, last June.  This was a project of 3 college students for their broadcasting course.  Mom was interviewed in The Toronto Star and they saw it and contacted her, wanting to do their documentary on her.  We were thrilled.  Mom was also interviewed for the CBC a few years later and this was aired during Hockey Day in Canada, an all day showing of hockey games across the country.  If you want to watch, click here!  After watching these, you can only imagine how hard it is to see my mom just sitting in a chair or pushing a walker to go any great distance.  It's a horrible sight.  But, she's still here, in no pain and fighting like a mad woman to get better.  
I'm sorry that you have lost your mom to Alzheimers.  My father is suffering from dimentia and can't stay by himself.  So I am caretaker for mom and babysitter for dad.  Weird! I can understand a little how you feel. While dad knows us, he gets confused and it's hard to watch. I would really love to turn the clock back about 10 years so I can enjoy both of them again.
Thanks for praying. I truly appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:18 pm

Marilyn Smiley Hug and Amy Smiley Hug . . .you are both in my prayers. As are your mothers. bawling
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62629
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:51 pm

Those are wonderful videos, Marilyn. Love
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Mom went to the dr today for bloodwork. The news was not good. It seems that her kidneys are shutting down. It may be because she has not been drinking enough. I am praying that this is the reason. I know that she hasn't been drinking much. So we need your prayers. If she drinks more and her kidney begin to operate again, we are good. If not, then there isn't much hope.God is still in control. Please keep praying. There will be no chemo tomorrow, an ultrasound in a few days for the kidneys and a port surgery on Tuesday. I'm very scared!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Smiley Hug Dear Marilyn. I was praying for you this morning, and for your Mom as well. I wish I was there to give you a big hug in person. MANY prayers going out.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Marilyn, I'm so sorry to hear that. I pray that an increase in fluids will help your mom as she continues to be in my prayers.

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 1:43 pm

Oh Marilyn, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Praying that she will drink more and that's what will do the trick in getting them functioning again. I'm so sorry you're dealing with your dad's dementia along with this too. You certainly do have your plate full. No Sending hugs out and prayers up. Smiley Hug

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 8:21 am

Still praying Marilyn. Stay strong, friend.

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:30 pm

Mom is home from chemo. Good reports from her dr, she thought mom looked really good and the chemo is helping with the fluid in her belly. God is good. Thanks for the prayers but please continue to pray for her in the next week as the side effects take hold. We are praising God for a good day.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62629
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 7:57 pm

Very happy to hear that, Marilyn!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Glad things went well today, Marilyn. Praying that continues.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Mom has been having a few hard days. She is having trouble eating and drinking, not hungry or thirsty and so getting her to take anything is like pulling teeth. She is on iv fluids for 5 days in order to prevent dehydration. She sits in her chair from morning til night and only moves to go to the bathroom. It is very hard to watch. But chemo was only last Friday and so hopefully she will soon feel better. Our church is having our anniversary this Sunday and she wants to go so I am praying that she is able to attend. We have a ride for her to arrive when the service starts and take her home when she has had enough. Please pray that she can go for as long as she can. The rest of us need to be there longer so it will be a good day, better if she can come.
My father is developing Alzheimers and so he knows very little about what is happening. Mom is his main caregiver and now that she is sick we have programs for him to attend during the day so mom can have some peace and rest. I feed and care for both of them at night. But if anything happens to mom that this won't work anymore, then dad will have to go to a long term facility. We are looking into getting that all worked out. It is so discouraging and stressful to know that my world will never be the same again. When the end comes, I will be on my own. I will have to go into low income housing because my job does not pay well and I wouldn't be able to afford a normal apartment. I will be a total wreck so you will all need to pray for me. It will be awful.
But for now, God is good, mom is in good spirits and in no pain. She is pale but SHE IS HERE AND WE ARE HAPPY FOR EACH WONDERFUL DAY TOGETHER!
Thanks for the prayers. You are all amazing and I wish that I could hug each of you.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21202
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:44 pm

I lost my appetite while going through chemo, so it is to be expected. See if you can find some Ensure drinks for her. Put them in the freezer and get them really cold, almost shake like. The Ensure has all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that she would need. She just needs to sip on them. Praying she can stay hydrated. Smiley Hug

My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Rhonda10My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 12:26 pm

She has been doing the Ensure but I never thought to put them in the freezer.  Great idea.

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7887

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 1:39 pm

I'll keep you and your parents in my thoughts Marilyn. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom has not been feeling well this week. Remember you are not alone even on a bad day, you have your friends here on the prairie to turn to if you ever need us Smile
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 11:19 pm

I responded on FB, but I wanted to let you know here too that we continue to pray for all of you. I know it's tough realizing everything is going to change, but we are here for you too. And you're stronger than you think you are. You'll get through this.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Blue Love Smiley Hug

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 6:46 pm

My mom has decided to stop fighting the cancer and life the rest of her days chemo free. We don't know how long that will be but it may not be very long. She knows Jesus as her Savior and so we have blessed assurance that Heaven is her next home and that He will be waiting with open arms to welcome her. I'm excited for her, she will get to hug Him and Aunt Effie, I'm so jealous.
I am now in the hunt for a new home. I am so afraid of this step but God is with me and He is my strength. I looked online today and called one place and am seeing it tomorrow, how's that for getting my butt in gear. I don't make a lot of money so this is really a scary step for me, I need something cheap. The place that I am seeing tomorrow is a room, an apartment shared with 2 others who don't spend much time there. Its a start, I suppose. The lady sounded really nice. I'll keep you posted.
My dad will be going to a nursing home, we are looking into getting him placed asap. He doesn't know what's going on, has dementia and just thinks that mom has good days and bad but has no idea that her life is ending. He's lucky, I suppose.
Please keep us in your prayers, as I know that you have in the past.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Mother has Cancer!   My Mother has Cancer! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Mother has Cancer!
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next