Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 8

Go down 
+8
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
JW
Misti
Amy
Carol
Teresa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Happy010

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 2:27 pm

So I watched last night and I can't believe "Bikini Girl" (sorry.. but that's what she's famous for now.. not her voice... but instead her body) go through again!
I agree with Kara & Paula that the song was not good, there was not power, no feeling.

Simon & Randy need to control their hormones and send that girl home. lol
It kind of sends the wrong message to little kids who watch the show when they see that 'her body' got her to Hollywood week... mad

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:05 pm

I know that they'll take 36, and I'm pretty sure that "bikini girl" won't make it........or at least I hope not. I really wanted to see the visually impaired guy last night. Maybe they'll show him tonight. The guy that had the hissy fit with the "bug eyes" was so immature when they let him go. His voice was not very good......deal with it. It's funny because so many of the people they showed last night are not good enough to make it to the top 12. It was kind of easy to pick out, although they didn't show ALL of the contestants. When they get down to 36, the top 12 will really stand out. Or at least the ones who truly deserve it.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:40 am

I love the guy who looks exactly like Robert Downey Junior. I think his name is Danny. Well, the Osmond son didn't make it. His group must not have been that good. I thought he'd at least make the top 36. Anne Marie is my favorite female.

SEE YA, bikini girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand the girl from Puerto Rico who is such an emotional train wreck. She was praising everyone under the sun when she made it through. I don't think she's that good of a singer. Just annoying..................
I can't wait until next week!!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:10 am

Teresa, I'm blanking out right now... which one is Anne Marie? Who was in her group, and what did they sing?

I was surprised the Osmond son didn't make it. I thought he sounded really good. I was also sorry to see Rose go. She was the one who lost her parents when she was young. She did pretty poorly in the group sing, though.

Yeah, that Danny guy is really good! I like him and his buddy Jamar. Their whole group did very well.

So, Bikini Girl is history. I'll miss her bikini scintillating vocal skills. Whistle Wink
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:02 am

Rob, Anne Marie was the one, in her audition, that they sent out for awhile and she came back in later. She's tall with long, dark hair. Last night she was wearing a royal blue shirt........I think.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 am

Rob wrote:
So, Bikini Girl is history. I'll miss her bikini scintillating vocal skills. Whistle Wink

You'll all excuse me for just a moment while I discuss something with Rob, won't you?

Frying pan

Okay....We're done talking. batEyes

I've been watching the video clips, and I have to say, some of them are hilarious. (And painful to the ear!) It's interesting that some of the people really seem to think that they're amazing singers when they couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. Can they really be that oblivious? Or did they just want a few seconds on tv?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:23 am

I think that most of the bad singers just want "their" moment on TV. Pretty embarrassing if you ask me. I don't think I could keep a straight face.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:14 am

Savannah wrote:
Rob wrote:

You'll all excuse me for just a moment while I discuss something with Rob, won't you?

Frying pan

Okay....We're done talking. batEyes

I had a feeling that was coming. grinsmiley

I missed most of the show because I had a daycare interview, but I saw parts of it. And I'll tell you what, I am THRILLED that Bikini "B" (sorry in advance batEyes ) is outta there! Could you believe how she treated the other girls?! And then the POSE?! This isn't a MODELING competition!! mad I loved Kara's reactions to her---SO funny! I swear, if those two met each other in an alley it wouldn't be pretty! OhMy

I was sorry about Rose too, Rob. She sure had a hard time finding her confidence during Hollywood week though---it was like it was a different person from who we saw during the audtion. She just seemed so 'meek'. I missed Alan Osmond's son, but I'm surprised he didn't make it to 36 too. I just have to wonder how 'fair' this whole group thing is, but I kind of see why they need to do it, too.

Teresa, I KNEW Danny reminded me of somebody!!! He is my FAVORITE!!! I totally see him going far in this. Great personality, 'cool', great and 'different' voice. I really like him!! I must say, some of those groups last night were better than what they've had any other season. Applause

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:29 am

I had a feeling that we'd be liking the same guy again, Amy. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:35 am

Now how would you guess THAT Teresa????? ROTFL

Here we go---The David fans become the DANNY fans!!! Laughing

Oh, did they end up showing the visually impaired guy last night? Did he go through?

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:57 pm

I saw him in the audience, but they didn't show him with his group. I bet he is REALLY good, and they're saving him. LOL!! I also liked the guy in the last group with the jet black hair, that looks like a rocker. His voice is awesome!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 pm

I missed the very end...you'll have to point him out when he's on again. (well, you know what I mean Wink ).

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Well girls, you can add me to that boat because I also love Danny! :woohooo:
I have a feeling he will be in the top 10!

I was sad to see the Osmond kid go and also that girl w/ the tattoo and pink hair... I liked her... it's just that the songs she picked.... not good, but I liked her audition very much. I was also sad to see Rose go Blue

And yeah! Bikini girl is outta there!!! Wow, that was faster than I expected Laughing

I can't stand puerto rican girl... the one that was thanking everybody... she is one weird chick! "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Crazy_smiley LOL

Jason Castro's brother had not gotten too much air time... but I think he made it through.

Next week will be interesting! :sing:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:36 pm

Carol wrote:
"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Crazy_smiley

I totally love that emoticon. :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Okay, this will make it easier

Here are my favorites!!!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Lambert_Adam-6_56x76 Adam Lambert

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Gokey_Danny-4_56x76 Danny Gokey

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Rogers_Jamar-5_56x76 Jamar Rogers

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Sheldon_Cody-9_56x76 Cody Sheldon (Not sure if he made it... couldn't tell yesterday)

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Boskovich_Anne-Marie-3_56x76 Anna Marie Boskovich

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Corkrey_Megan-6_56x76 Not sure if she's still in...

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Wynn-Hughes_Emily-5_56x76 Emily Sad she's gone Blue

I'm sure there are more but I'm waiting to see when they get more TV time lol
Can't wait for next week! Cheer

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Adam is the one I was talking about with the great "rocker" type voice. I don't even know if I would classify it as a rocker voice, but it's different. I'm pretty sure that I saw Cody at the end cheering with his group, so he made it through, Carol.

Anne Marie is pictured up there too, so if you see this Rob, take a look. She has a beautiful voice!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Just making sure---it's not on tonight, is it? :unsure: Guess I haven't been paying attention...

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 8:00 pm

No, it's back to Tuesday's and Wednesday's.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Teresa wrote:
Anne Marie is pictured up there too, so if you see this Rob, take a look. She has a beautiful voice!!

Oh yeah, I remember her. Thanks! She does have a beautiful voice, and I'd like to see her go far.
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 12:32 am

I was watching "Access Hollywood" I think and saw the Osmond boy. I hadn't remembered him from the auditions. He doesn't have the "Osmond family" look I don't think. It's just too bad he had trouble and got eliminated.

Later on the down the line don't the judges get to pick a "second chance" contestant? I don't know if he would be considered for that or not.

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Misti wrote:
I was watching "Access Hollywood" I think and saw the Osmond boy. I hadn't remembered him from the auditions. He doesn't have the "Osmond family" look I don't think. It's just too bad he had trouble and got eliminated.

Part of me has to wonder if the judges eliminated him because they (or the producers) don't want to have to deal with the 'backlash' of public contraversy over him being an Osmond. It would be contraversial, no doubt. Maybe they just saw this as a perfect opportunity to get rid of him. I don't know, but I just think it would be very strange if he went so far as to be in the final two or something---you'd have a lot of people NOT calling in for him just because of his Osmond name. It seems like the whole thing could get messy and they may have been worried about it. I don't know---just speculating. (I didn't see his final performance, but I do believe he was certainly good enough to get to the top 36 at least).

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Just a reminder, it's on tonight! Cheer

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:39 pm

The DVR is set!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:41 pm

LOL, I need to clear room on my dvr from last season! I know I'm weird, but I've kept a bunch of the episodes (mainly my favorite ones of Jason Castro, and my favorites of both the Davids) and if I'm bored and there's nothing on, I watch those! LOL! I just never get tired of the three of those guys. But, alas, it's a new season and I suppose I should bid farewell. :sad5:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Oh my gosh! Matt Giroud just sang "Georgia' with the piano----he's from Kalamazoo Michigan! That's where my son goes to college!! OhMy He was really good too...hope he makes it through!

*Edit*...ok, Danny/Robert Downey just sang---wow, that guy is so awesome! He HAS to make it!!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

"American Idol" - Season 8
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next