Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 8

Go down 
+8
Rob
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
JW
Misti
Amy
Carol
Teresa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Love-s10

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Carol wrote:
Danny Gokey didn't do that well either. Paula is too nice. Carrie Underwood would go out and buy that CD?? Huh? Laughing :RiiightS:
He also could have dressed a little better... he did look like he was going to take a trip up to the snow.

ROTFL Carol...I laughed when Simon said that because he really did look like he was going on a 'polar expedition'! :Hahaha: Gotta love that he can laugh at himself though. Both he and Liv really faltered on the beginning of their songs...they both sound better in their upper range. Also, all of Liv's talking last night really wore on my nerves. WHEN did the judges start talking back and forth with the contestants?! That's getting to be too much for me...I just want the judges to state what they want to state and maybe a little comment from the singer, but geesh---a whole 'defense' thing is WAY too much drama for me. It's a SONG for crying out loud. You either did well or you didn't---let...it...go. Whistle

(Oh, and getting back to that white jacket of Danny's---I went right back to when David Cook wore something very similar---it didn't work for him either! grinsmiley ).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Amy, do you mean, Lil', instead of Liv? I was laughing when Simon kept calling her "Little." Then he'd say that Lil' was short for Little. LOL!! No it's not. At Least not when you're talking about names. It may be short for Lilly or something, but not Little. I'm thinking that not many people, IF ANY, name their child Little. LOL!!

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 TeresaKeeper

Last edited by Teresa on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:17 pm

Amy wrote:
Also, all of Liv's talking last night really wore on my nerves. WHEN did the judges start talking back and forth with the contestants?! That's getting to be too much for me...I just want the judges to state what they want to state and maybe a little comment from the singer, but geesh---a whole 'defense' thing is WAY too much drama for me. It's a SONG for crying out loud. You either did well or you didn't---let...it...go. Whistle

Little's talking? (LOL), What about Michael Server? I enjoyed his song, it wasn't great, but it was okay... but once he started getting defensive with every judge, he annoyed the heck out of me! Is he forgetting that the judges have given him this chance? I wanted to slap that boy silly... slap him and make him spin Laughing

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:19 pm

Yes, when you start talking back to the judges, it's REALLY annoying.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Teresa wrote:
Amy, do you mean, Lil', instead of Liv? I was laughing when Simon kept calling her "Little." Then he'd say that Lil' was short for Little. LOL!! No it's not. At Least not when you're talking about names. It may be short for Lilly or something, but not Little. I'm thinking that not many people, IF ANY, name their child Little. LOL!!

Oh yes! That's what I meant! grinsmiley And I thought the same thing---Lil is short for Lily or Lillian or something like that! Oh but he was funny there...I love how he said it too: "Lit-el". Laughing

And yeah, Michael doesn't take the criticism well either...I thought he was kinda cute when he said "country fans get it", or SLT---he's pobably right! grinsmiley

I thought it was hilarious when Anoop said he wasn't surprised by the feedback :Hahaha: ...hey, the kid is honest---gotta love that! Alexis shouldn't have said that she wouldn't have changed the way she sang that song...I always think that is SO dumb when singers don't just at least humor the judges---it sounds so cocky when they say they wouldn't have changed much if anything, given the feedback they were just given! I like Alexis---she's one of my faves and I called my hubby in to see her last night, and then she fell flat. There was something lacking in her perfomance last night...maybe confidence. My hubby was like "SHE was who you wanted me to see?!" Hopefully she'll stay in so she can prove herself.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Wow!! I didn't see that coming. I'm really disappointed with the results tonight. I thought that Alexis was the best girl in the competition. She shouldn't have gone this early. I think it was Michael's time. I knew that the judges wouldn't save her though. It's too early. They'll save it for the final four.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Teresa wrote:
Wow!! I didn't see that coming. I'm really disappointed with the results tonight. I thought that Alexis was the best girl in the competition. She shouldn't have gone this early. I think it was Michael's time. I knew that the judges wouldn't save her though. It's too early. They'll save it for the final four.

I know...I am so sorry to see her go---her first performance totally blew me away! I wish she wouldn't have faltered last night. She didn't really seem like 'herself'...and honestly, I think her personality is lacking a bit and people need to really 'like' the person they're voting for. Michael has a likeable personality. Honestly, I would have liked to have seen either Scott or Megan go.

Just to clarify though Teresa, the judges can only save up until the 5th person...once they get to the final four there's no saves.

This is interesting, about the judges save...

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/former-american-idol-finalists-not-fans-of-new-judges-save-twist-8632.php

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Oh, I didn't know that about the "save." Thanks for the info, Amy. I would have liked to see Megan go too. Her little hip moves are driving me nuts! Now people will be able to see it all summer long when they're on tour. LOL!!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:44 am

Did Megan drop her last name? Wasn't she Megan Corkrey, or something like that? Now she's always just "Megan Joy."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:24 am

Oh, I hadn't noticed that! Interesting. :think:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:30 am

I feel that, overall, Alexis is a better singer than Megan, Allison, Anoop, Kris and Michael. It's too bad that she went so soon. I enjoyed her more than Lil.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:30 pm

Hey Jacob, did you see Carrie Underwood's duet with Randy Travis? Wow, that girl can sing!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:38 pm

Rob wrote:
Hey Jacob, did you see Carrie Underwood's duet with Randy Travis? Wow, that girl can sing!

I loved that performance! Applause

That's too bad that Alexis went home... I was not happy with the results last night either

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:07 am

Rob wrote:

I Sure Did she was awsome with Randy Travis i loved evrey second of it :woohooo:

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:11 am

Did someone say Motown is this week? I thought I read that somewhere.

Not a huge Motown fan, but still looking forward to tonight! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:52 am

I don't think Idol is on tonight. I think it's Wednesday and Thursday this week. No
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:38 am

Yes, that's right, Rob.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Yeah i think Ryan Seacrest Said something about a President thing Right?

"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:17 pm

NOOOoooooo!!! bawling

Ok, I'm going to try to be a grown-up about this. I'll just sniffle a little instead."American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Triste42

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:57 pm

Interesting article in the current USA Today about whether Idol has gotten too mean:

Has American Idol Become Vengeful Idol?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Hmm, interesting article, Rob. Thanks for sharing that. I don't really know that this season is any more 'mean' than the others, and I didn't see Alexis's vote-off, but honestly, if she thought she had a chance to be saved, that would have been pretty naiive. Don't get me wrong, I really liked her voice and thought she could do well, but she isn't way up there in the 'judges faves' as much as some of the others. Of course they're going to 'save' their 'save'.

What I don't understand though is how 'singing for the save' another time is any different than singing once you're voted off? I would think you'd have more composure and that it would actually be easier than trying to keep from crying if you know you're definitely 'done'. I just don't know...

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:08 pm

Good point, Amy.

One thing I thought was kind of mean on the last show was when Ryan had Allison and Michael stand up, and told them that one of them was in the bottom three. He finally named Allison as a low vote-getter, and just as Michael was sitting down, thinking he was safe, Ryan told him that he was also in the bottom three. That was bad.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:02 am

Ugh, you've got to be kidding me?!?! That is downright cruel! To say ONE of two people are in the bottom 3, and then tell then they both are, not only is that mean---it's a lie!!! mad

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:49 am

Unless I misunderstood... but I think that's what they did.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:52 am

Yes Rob i thought that was Plan Stubid

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 8   "American Idol" - Season 8 - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

"American Idol" - Season 8
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next