Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9

Go down 
+4
Amy
Teresa
Rob
Carol
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 Happy010

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Well, Amy, you know what I think of the "group sing-a-longs." LOL!

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:38 am

Indeed I do! HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 8:26 am

I saw Lee and Mike sing, then got a phone call and missed the rest of the show. What did everyone else sing? And did the judges (and you guys) like them?
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:30 am

That's where I stopped too. I'll finish watching it today. *sigh* This year was just not great for me... I watched because I recorded it and could fast forward to my liking.... it's nothing compared to when David Cook and David Archuleta were there.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Yes, I agree, Carol. I don't think it will ever be like season 7 again. That would be hard to top! The talent of that season was incredible, and the David's were in a league of their own.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Carol wrote:
*sigh* This year was just not great for me... I watched because I recorded it and could fast forward to my liking.... it's nothing compared to when David Cook and David Archuleta were there.

Yeah, I know what you mean Carol. I've still be watching it though, and at least the final four is a good final four, although Casey is a bit of a disappointment. He did VERY well on his duet with Big Mike though---the other duet between Lee and Crystal was very good too. I don't think the show has done this before, have they? But it cut the show down to an hour rather than 1 1/2 or 2 hours between 8 songs. I think it worked well.

Casey's song was pretty dull, although he did a good job on it, and Crystal's was good but I wasn't crazy about it. The judges were just 'ok' with Casey (they thought he needed to pull out more stops considering it was such an important week), and they all liked Crystal's and Simon said she's "back in the game"....not that I think she was ever out of it. Wink

I voted for Big Mike---he is the most consisten IMO and I just really like him a lot. But I also don't want to see Lee out of the competition yet---he was pretty bad last night, IMO, and singing first is never good. At least his duet helped him out, hopefully. But I can see myself buying his CD or Mike's. I think Crystal can come off as a bit abrasive at times with the judges....she does not accept criticism well from them and comes off as a bit know-it-all-ish. That's not the reason I am not voting for her though---her sound/music is just not my cup of tea (although I have liked her on some weeks). That said, I do think she'd make a good Idol---we're kind of due for another female I guess.

Gosh, those sure were some strange song choices last night, considering it was 'movie' night! scratchead

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:13 pm

What song did Bowersox sing?
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:28 pm

wow, I haven't posted anything to this topic in awhile! I guess I like Big Mike, Casey, Crystal, and Lee, but I couldn't pick a favorite. I didn't see them perform last night, so I guess I'll have to see what happens tonight!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Amy wrote:
I think Crystal can come off as a bit abrasive at times with the judges....she does not accept criticism well from them and comes off as a bit know-it-all-ish.

Gosh, those sure were some strange song choices last night, considering it was 'movie' night! scratchead

Totally agree on Crystal... it gets tiring... and I'm with Simon when he rolls his eyes... lol

Strange... strange... there are so many good movie songs out there!!! my goodness.... *shakes head* lol

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:39 pm

Rob wrote:
What song did Bowersox sing?

She sang "I'm all right" by Kenny Loggins, from Caddyshack. It was just OK for me dawg. Wink

I'm officially bummed. So not the outcome I was hoping for tonight. No

I do think Lee and Crystal as a final two is appropriate though.

(Hey Carol, this is OT, but who is that in your 'group' avatar pic. I see MG and VF and Linsdsay & Sidney, but who is that standing behind one of the twins? scratchead )
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 7:01 am

Amy wrote:
She sang "I'm all right" by Kenny Loggins, from Caddyshack. It was just OK for me dawg. Wink

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 811339 Thanks, Amy. And...

Amy wrote:
Linsdsay

You're under arrest. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 129986

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 85barney
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:21 am

Amy, I think it's Alicia.

Okay.........I was SOOOOOOOO excited last night as I fast forwarded through Idol to see who was getting the boot. All of a sudden I see Daughtry. They sounded great! And then............I almost fell off the couch. I had no idea that Bon Jovi was going to be there. It brought me back to a few weeks ago when I saw them LIVE. Oh, they are so awesome! They sang Superman at the concert I went to as well. Okay, I'll stop gushing. LOL! Jon did look pretty good though, didn't he?

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Yes, it's Alicia Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:08 am

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
Linsdsay

You're under arrest. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 129986

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 85barney

You know, I debated for two seconds if you spelled it with an "a" or an "e"....I should have debated longer. greenS

Teresa wrote:
Amy, I think it's Alicia.

Okay.........I was SOOOOOOOO excited last night as I fast forwarded through Idol to see who was getting the boot. All of a sudden I see Daughtry. They sounded great! And then............I almost fell off the couch. I had no idea that Bon Jovi was going to be there. It brought me back to a few weeks ago when I saw them LIVE. Oh, they are so awesome! They sang Superman at the concert I went to as well. Okay, I'll stop gushing. LOL! Jon did look pretty good though, didn't he?

LOL, I thought of you right away Teresa!! Yeah, he looks great, (my mom and I both said, "Wow, great skin!" LOL!). And gosh, they just sounded great. You can tell the difference between these 'fresh newcomer' bands who come on to perform, vs. the 'seasoned' ones like Bon Jovi. They're just incredible. You can gush all you want about them to me, cougar girl! hi5

Carol wrote:
Yes, it's Alicia Thumbsup

Thanks Carol and Teresa! I can see that it's her now. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Amy wrote:
I do think Lee and Crystal as a final two is appropriate though.

I agree with you, Amy. i didn't like lee that much at first, but I've grown to like him a lot more in the past few weeks. I can't really see Casey winning because he's been in the bottom two several times, but you never know what'll happen on this show
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Amy wrote:
You know, I debated for two seconds if you spelled it with an "a" or an "e"....I should have debated longer. greenS

Oh, I don't know if the A or E is right, Amy. It was the extra S that earned the fifing. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 185146
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:22 pm

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
i didn't like lee that much at first, but I've grown to like him a lot more in the past few weeks.

I wasn't really that into him in the beginning either Kristina....he seems to get better and better though, and his personality has finally come through. I'm still waiting for Casey's to show up. Whistle

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:

Oh, I don't know if the A or E is right, Amy. It was the extra S that earned the fifing. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 185146

OH! LOL, I totally missed that! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Just a friendly reminder----American Idol tonight! Final three! Thumbsup I always enjoy this one, where they show everyone going to their hometowns. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:34 am

So who's going home tonight? I think it has to be Casey. I'm still shocked that Mike went home last week instead of him. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:10 am

I am too Rob. scratchead Makes no sense to me, especially since Mike was the one with the big personality. It's not like Casey is a better technical singer than him. Guess it comes down to the 'female factor'.

Casey didn't do himself any big favors last night---both songs were dull IMO. Simon was right about that Mothers and Daughters song---it was stagnant and there was never a 'moment' for Casey. I like the song and I 'get' that it was supposed to be mellow, but Casey of all people needed something to showcase him better. (I think that was chosen by Kara and Randy together?). I thought Crystal's second song was great and a good choice by Ellen. I didn't like her first one. Lee was great on both I thought, but especially on Hallelujah. You can tell he was moved by it as he was singing it toward the end. I didn't really care for the arrangement or the 'choir' behind it either---not sure that should even be allowed in the finals, since you can 'rely' on that choir as your back-up, you know? They covered up some of his flaws I noticed. I like the more mellow version of Hallelujah by Jason Castro. Tim Urban did it this season too, and I think it's becoming a wee bit overused for this show---it surprised me that Simon chose it. But Lee was great!

I am hoping it's Crystal and Lee in the finals---they both deserve it over Casey IMO. I get worried when Simon and Kara are so vocal about who they are hoping for though---you never know if people will vote for the one they don't want just to spite them! Yikes
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:01 pm

I think they all did well last night, but right now, I think Crystal has the best shot of winning. I just think it's pretty neat that she has that 'rocker' voice and can do bigger songs like that. but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Yup, my money's on Crystal, too. I've liked her from the start.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 9 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:16 am

I am just SO glad this played out the way it should.....I honestly think both Lee and Crystal are deserving. Personally I want it to be Lee, but I will be happy if it's Crystal too. The 'mom' in me kind of hopes she doesn't win, just because I can't imagine being a single mother (or even a married mother) and keeping the schedule of the American Idol. Coming in second is a tad less grueling, and yet you still have every opportunity to go far, you know? So yeah, I hope it's Lee. I also liked how Lee has transformed and really blossomed into this great singer/performer. He has really grown on me to the point that I really like him, and he was just 'ok' for me in the beginning. Crystal has been a pro (like Adam Lambert) from day one. They both seem like genuinely good and appreciative people though, so I won't be 'sorry' to see either win. Thumbsup

What I'm learning is how much I like Crystal's voice based off the 'studio version' songs. Have any of you checked those out of the contestants?

Here is "Falling Slow" by Crystal and Lee. I absolutely love it! Crystal especially sounds just amazing on it. It's the songs that she's a little less "Janis Joplin" that I tend to like her much more: