Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9

Go down 
+4
Amy
Teresa
Rob
Carol
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 Goodsi10

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Amy, you nailed it! "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 184143
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:19 am

LOL, I was hoping! When Ryan said the other contestant wasn't even in the bottom three, I knew it couldn't be Big Mike. They just did that to confuse everybody. Whistle Aw, I felt sorry for poor Katie though...she's so young and she's been very mature throughout all of this. I am very happy with the results though. I think with Andrew, his big issue was his personality. The contestants all claimed that he was extremely funny and outgoing, but he never showed that on stage. Also, he never seemed to care or take the advice of what the judges were saying from week to week. He kind of just did his own thing and half the time that was just too 'corny', as Simon would say. Wink I do like his voice though...

Apparently Ryan's weirdness is not 'lost' on anyone...I couldn't believe it when he started dancing during Tim's performance. scratchead

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/338918/seacrest-out-really-out/
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:38 am

Ryan is a little weird sometimes... it was very awkward when he made that tongue comment to Adam Lambert Huh? Yikes

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:57 am

Who watched last night?

I thought Lee was good. Shibhan?... not so great. It's nice she makes her comment at the end... but still the song was just alright. It's too much of a powerful song. "When You Believe" It needs to be sung with power like Mariah & Whitney did it... the arrangement she had... didn't have me believing so much lol

My favorite of the night: Crystal Bowersox! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:56 am

I agree with you 100% about Shioban. She has me kind of scratching my head lately....she really DOES have 'two voices'. scratchead "When you Believe" is one of my favorite songs ever, and her version didn't do a darn thing for me. I have "The Prince of Egypt" and I believe that's Mariah's version on there? But yeah, she is using this really weird 'wussy' voice lately (not sure how else to descibe it, LOL) and that's a song you can't use that with.

I am pretty shocked that Tim is gone. He has really been growing on my lately...Tuesday was just one 'off' night for him. That is a shame. I thought for sure it would be Aaron (even though he did a good job, I still am not feeling it with him), and although I love Casey's sound, I don't think he's much of an 'artist'. It should have been one of them to leave. No

Oh, and Carol, I loved Lee too the other night----probably my second favorite of his. Thumbsup

The more I watch, the more I think it's going to come down to Lee and Crystal. Crystal is certainly in another league, and it's 'time' for a female to win again.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 11:54 am

Amy wrote:
, and although I love Casey's sound, I don't think he's much of an 'artist'. It should have been one of them to leave. No

Yeah... Casey may be cute... but he's not doing too good on the music lol
Also.. I don't know... the way he holds his guitar, or the way he stands... he makes me think of someone just practicing in his room or something... lol

He needs a new stance or a new way to hold the guitar, move around more or something greenS
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 pm

I'm with you Carol. yes
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:33 am

Last night was pretty good! I loved that Aaron sang that song for his mom. I know he's been through a lot---I remember the back-story that he was adopted. If I remember correctly, she's actually his aunt? I don't know, it's been a long time, but I know she's really been there for him.

I love Shania Twain, even though I'm not a country person, but there's just something about her. "Your Still the One" is one of my favorite songs and totally describes my husband and I. Love But some of these songs were unrecognizable (SP?) to me. Even though I didn't know Crystal's though, I still liked her performance---she has such great control. I actually voted for her because I was worried the judges' comments might be bad news for her. I honestly think she's 'it'. It'll be a tough call tonight---I really liked Big Mike but I do fear for him. Casey was finally really good.....it's about time!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Yes, his mom is really his aunt. He seems like a sweet guy... Aaron. :)

Well, Siobhan is out...

Crystal was not that great... but she's safe. I think it will go down to Crystal and Lee. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:05 pm

It was pretty surprising that Sioban was out last night, but I am not unhappy about that.....she's been disappointing lately IMO. Surprising though that she left when she was last to sing! That doesn't happen often. I really thought it was going to be Mike, but I'm glad he's still there!

I agree about it being Lee and Crystal in the end. I kind of liked her still the other night----the song was a little lame, but she sang it well. I am always amazed at the control she has. I liked the falsetta she had at the end of the song....I think they should have given her props for that.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:38 am

I was annoyed that the judges had some semi-negative things to say about my Bowersox! "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 954985

Did anybody notice something that Kara said? At one point, after Randy and Ellen gave their opinions, she said, "I agree with the guys." She said the same thing once before, and maybe I mentioned it here. It's just kind of a curious choice of words, considering Ellen's... um, leanings. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 811339
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Rob wrote:

Did anybody notice something that Kara said? At one point, after Randy and Ellen gave their opinions, she said, "I agree with the guys." She said the same thing once before, and maybe I mentioned it here. It's just kind of a curious choice of words, considering Ellen's... um, leanings. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 811339

Hmm... I don't think so. I also use the words "guys" even if I'm talking with a group of girls. A lot of people I know do the same, looks like Kara does too lol

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Okay, here is an interesting article I found: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 Reading

Can the Term "Guys" Refer to Women and Girls?

Since English was my second language growing up... I used to differentiate the girls and boys when speaking Spanish, but ever since I could remember... when I heard people speak in English, the term "guys" was used for both so I started doing the same. lol

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Great article, Carol! Thanks!

I also refer to girls as "you guys." But the writer of that article makes this point:

~However, "guys" is not a brand new term. And it's already gendered in many circumstances. "Guy" is masculine (e.g. That guy over there is really attractive). "The guys" is too (e.g. Will the guys in the room please stand up?). So, the distinction -- and the controversy -- seems to lie with the colloquial phrase, "you guys."~

If Kara had said, "I agree with you guys," I wouldn't have even noticed it. But "I agree with the guys" sounded much more gender specific.

It's really a subtle thing. A few years ago I was in another town with a friend and we needed directions. There was a group of girls on the sidewalk, and I said, "Let's ask those guys." Which sounded normal. But I realized later that it only sounded normal because I'd put a slight stress on "those." If I'd said, "Let's ask those *guys*," it would've sounded wrong. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 988160
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:02 am

Rob wrote:
I was annoyed that the judges had some semi-negative things to say about my Bowersox! "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 954985

I felt the same way Rob....it wasn't my favorite of hers, but gosh, she still was awesome. It seems to me like the judges are trying to find things with her, because they really do sound like a broken record. Simon drives me especially crazy when it comes to her---he wants her to stick with the whole 'Janis Joplin' feel she has, and I like to hear her try other things. I love how one article I read called her "Bohemian Chic/coffee house"....that kind of sums up Crystal! Smile

Rob wrote:
If Kara had said, "I agree with you guys," I wouldn't have even noticed it. But "I agree with the guys" sounded much more gender specific.

It's really a subtle thing. A few years ago I was in another town with a friend and we needed directions. There was a group of girls on the sidewalk, and I said, "Let's ask those guys." Which sounded normal. But I realized later that it only sounded normal because I'd put a slight stress on "those." If I'd said, "Let's ask those *guys*," it would've sounded wrong. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 988160

Yep, count me in the 'you guys/those guys' gender unspecific group! grinsmiley I agree with your point Rob---had Kara said "those guys" it would have had a whole other meaning to it, but 'the guys' is questionable. She may very well have not meant a thing by it, but I can see why you noticed it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:31 pm

I am thinking it's going to be Aaron or Casey tonight---they were both pretty bad. I don't think either one is our 'Idol'. I loved Lee last night, and Big Mike was great too! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm sorry, but I've never really been a fan of Casey's. He's not that good, and he's awkward on guitar, and doesn't really put much into his performances. I expected more from him. He seemed like he'd be pretty good, based on his audition.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 TeresaKeeper

Last edited by Teresa on Wed May 05, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Teresa wrote:
he be pretty good

I can't Fife this, because it might be Ebonics. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 771460

I think it'll probably be Casey. Bowersox did okay, though I'm not wild about that giant tattoo on her back. Who knew?? "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 279394

Big Mike was my favorite. When I saw him in that hat, I thought sure he was going to sing One For My Baby ("It's a quarter to three, there's no one in the place except you and me..."). It was that kind of hat. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 185146
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Oops, I forgot that my "Ebonics" doesn't fit well with this forum. LOL!! Thanks for the laugh, Fife!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:08 pm

I think it's gonna be Casey. He was HORRIBLE last night. It was not his type of music at all... maybe it was just nerves since they said he did well in the practices. He just didn't have any stage presence with that song... he had his arms crossed... I don't know... I'm hoping Aaron stays one more week.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:30 pm

I remember how Kara got on Aaron's case when he sang I'm Already There, saying that it wasn't an appropriate song for a 17-year-old because it was from the viewpoint of a father singing to his children. I thought it would've been funny last night if Aaron had sung My Way: "I've lived a life that's full, I've traveled each and every byway, but more, much more than this, I did it myyy waayyy!" "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 440956
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Rob wrote:
Big Mike was my favorite. When I saw him in that hat, I thought sure he was going to sing One For My Baby ("It's a quarter to three, there's no one in the place except you and me..."). It was that kind of hat. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 185146

LOL, definitely! And I voted for Mike by the way....I figured Lee would be getting tons, so I would go for my second fave. I'm glad now that I did---I can't even believe he was in in the bottom 2. The guy has a better voice and better personality than Casey! What the heck?! Yikes

Teresa wrote:
Oops, I forgot that my "Ebonics" doesn't fit well with this forum. LOL!! Thanks for the laugh, Fife!

Laughing I'm really questioning what kind of other forums you visit Teresa. HeeHee

Carol wrote:
I think it's gonna be Casey. He was HORRIBLE last night. It was not his type of music at all... maybe it was just nerves since they said he did well in the practices. He just didn't have any stage presence with that song... he had his arms crossed... I don't know... I'm hoping Aaron stays one more week.

I was hoping it would be Aaron for one more week over Casey too....with all the 'tweens' that have to be voting, I thought for sure Aaron would have hung around for one more.

Rob wrote:
I remember how Kara got on Aaron's case when he sang I'm Already There, saying that it wasn't an appropriate song for a 17-year-old because it was from the viewpoint of a father singing to his children. I thought it would've been funny last night if Aaron had sung My Way: "I've lived a life that's full, I've traveled each and every byway, but more, much more than this, I did it myyy waayyy!" "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 440956

LOL Rob!! I was surprised that Aaron sang the Sinatra song for his last song. I think that may have been his worst performance. Not sure what the heck Randy and Ellen were hearing. scratchead More often than not, I feel like both Kara and Simon are spot on. I just wish Kara wasn't so melodramatic all the time. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Some of Kara's comments get a little tiresome after a while. "I believed what you were singing!" "You never stopped being you!" Melodramatic is a good word, Amy. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 185146

What did everybody think of Harry Connick, Jr. as the mentor? I thought he was excellent. I knew he was a great singer and pianist, but I didn't know he was so funny. True, his sense of humor is on the biting side, but some of the things he said to the Idols were cracking me up. "Wipe that stupid smirk off your face." "I can afford it because I'm extremely famous." "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 440956

The mentors always have such sweet, gushy things to say about the Idols, so I nearly fell off the couch when Harry looked into the camera and said, "Big Mike is an *******." "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 135245

I've heard talk that they might consider him to take over Simon's spot.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:22 pm

I think that Harry's "comedic" side came out when he played Grace's love interest on "Will and Grace" a few years ago. He was good on that show.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:29 pm

LOL, I guess what really set me off with Kara was when she was going on and on to Lee about believing in himself. Um, enough already. We've heard it all---trust me Kara, Lee totally knows he can win this and totally knows he's good.

I loved Harry Connick Jr.!! I think he's probably my favorite mentor thus far....I love his sarcastic sense of humor too Rob. yes I'm not sure everyone gets that humor, but I found it refreshing too, after all the 'fluff' that the rest of the mentors generally give. Seriously, if HE replaced Simon, the show is totally saved!! I don't see him sugar coating anything either. What impressed me most about Harry though, is how much true passion he has for his music. At the risk of sounding like Kara batEyes, I could just feel it and I really believed him. HeeHee

On another note: What the heck was up with Lady Gaga?!?! Um, I guess Idol really is NOT a show for the kiddies!! If I had a little kid, I'd be marching him/her right out of the family room on that one! Yikes She actually sounded pretty good though----and lo and behold, her hair (wig HeeHee) was normal! Ahem, after she took off her....interesting Whistle ....veil of course. You know, I'm beginning to think that Madonna really wasn't all that contraversial all those years after all. scratchead

And ugh, the lip-synching by the group in the beginning?! I just can't TAKE it!!!!!!!! rollinpin What are the producers thinking?! help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next