Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9

Go down 
+4
Amy
Teresa
Rob
Carol
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 Goodsi10

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:36 am

Wow, some terrific performances last night! I thought Big Mike was great. To me, he's the best pure singer in the competition. Everything he does is effortless.

Bowersox.... ahhhh! I love Midnight Train to Georgia. When they showed the clip of her with Usher, and she sat down at the piano, as soon as I heard "L.A.... proved too much for the man," I knew I would love her performance.

I thought this was Lee DeWyze's best performance by far. I've never been a huge fan of his, but this was the perfect song choice.

I also liked Teflon Tim's performance - worlds better than last week's Crazy Little Thing Called Love. I was surprised that the judges raked him over the coals again.

To me, the only real disaster was Didi. She was seriously off-key through the whole thing. Plus, she had the misfortune of having to follow Big Mike.

And I have the same question every week: Why is Ellen there? "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 988160
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Rob, I agree with you on almost everyone.....I couldn't stand Tim. Wink I'm kind of trying to figure out what he's doing there. I just don't see anything 'special' about him. But the same can be said for a couple of other people....like Katie---Simon referring to her as "Star Search" material. Well Simon, you picked her! Whistle (Not that she was bad, and neither was Tim really, just not 'great' enough for this competition, in my opinion.

Didi was awful, LOL. I'll be surprised if she's not next to go. I missed Sioban, but I saw the judges critiquing her and it wasn't good! I'm sure she'll still be fine though.

Big Mike was really wonderful, but like Crystal, I'd never actually buy anything of his. My guess with him is he'd be just like Rueben Studdard in the R&B realm...not terribly successful as an Idol. But I agree with you, he does have a pure voice, and he's darn likeable too! Thumbsup

Lee was awesome....I loved what Simon said about this being the night that may have changed his whole life. I think it REALLY meant a lot to him that Usher thought his voice was amazing, and he really worked on that eye contact. It was definitely a new "Lee" and suddenly he's a major contender. He got my vote last night! Thumbsup

I don't know what Simon was meaning about Crystal not singing that song! I thought she was perfect for it!! It WAS R&B Soul night! I was personally getting a little tired of the more 'Janis Joplin' sound anyway, so it was nice to see something else from her. I don't disagree with Simon often, but I did on that one!

And Rob, I hear ya about Ellen. But I have to admit, she had me laughing last night, so at least that's something. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:10 pm

Amy wrote:
Simon referring to her as "Star Search" material.

I thought that was an odd comment. After all, Idol is nothing but a '00s version of Star Search, just as Star Search was an '80s version of Ted Mack's Amateur Hour.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:12 pm

I felt very old when they said that Usher had been named the Artist of the Decade. I've never even heard any of his songs! I've been out of the loop of modern music ever since my car antenna got broken off in a carwash. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:06 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
Simon referring to her as "Star Search" material.

I thought that was an odd comment. After all, Idol is nothing but a '00s version of Star Search, just as Star Search was an '80s version of Ted Mack's Amateur Hour.

True enough. yes

Rob wrote:
I felt very old when they said that Usher had been named the Artist of the Decade. I've never even heard any of his songs! I've been out of the loop of modern music ever since my car antenna got broken off in a carwash. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 Kopfschuettel

LOL Rob! HeeHee Um, yeah. Tonight's music really is not for me, LOL. P. Diddy's song was just silly IMO. My parents were over and were saying how this kind of music won't stand the test of time. (like classic rock, etc...). I tend to agree with them.

But Rob, you do like rap, right?

So long Didi! Wave
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:39 pm

I've heard some rap that I thought was clever and listenable. But most of the popular stuff is... how do I phrase this?... crap. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 185146 I won't be rushing out to buy that P. Diddy record.

Congrats on MSU, Amy! I didn't watch that last game, but our local cable company blew it big time. With 11 seconds left, and the score tied, they lost their signal and nobody saw the end of the game. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 184143
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Is it me or is there some tension between Ryan & Simon? LOL
They seem to get on each others nerves or something... well Ryan seems to get on Simon's nerves.. lol

P.Diddy's song = Silliness... that... "Hello!...Good morning..." line Laughing silly, silly, silly!

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Carol wrote:
They seem to get on each others nerves or something... well Ryan seems to get on Simon's nerves.. lol

Yeah, Simon tells Ryan to "back off" pretty much every week now. They've always picked at each other, but it used to seem like it was all in good fun. Now I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:54 am

Rob wrote:
I've heard some rap that I thought was clever and listenable. But most of the popular stuff is... how do I phrase this?... crap. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 185146 I won't be rushing out to buy that P. Diddy record.

Congrats on MSU, Amy! I didn't watch that last game, but our local cable company blew it big time. With 11 seconds left, and the score tied, they lost their signal and nobody saw the end of the game. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 184143

Yeah, I agree that there is some decent rap out there. Not everything 'modern' is bad, but....most. greenS LOL.

Rob wrote:
Carol wrote:

Yeah, Simon tells Ryan to "back off" pretty much every week now. They've always picked at each other, but it used to seem like it was all in good fun. Now I'm not so sure.

Actually, Ryan was getting on MY nerves, LOL! It was 'cute' when they used to play all this up in the past, but now it's not 'funny' at all. It's just annoying. Simon seems downright angry. At the same time, I know Ryan has been told he has to fill up the time with something. That is irritating in itself....by the end of the show, we are SO done. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Rob wrote:

I forgot to comment on this.....WOW, Rob, that is just horrible!! That was the most exciting part! We have had several great games in a row. MSU sure has proven they have heart, fighting through these injuries, uniting as a team finally after a rough season. I am really looking forward to tomorrow's game! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Amy wrote:
Actually, Ryan was getting on MY nerves, LOL! It was 'cute' when they used to play all this up in the past, but now it's not 'funny' at all. It's just annoying. Simon seems downright angry. At the same time, I know Ryan has been told he has to fill up the time with something. That is irritating in itself....by the end of the show, we are SO done. Whistle

I thought it was just me! lol
But yes... Ryan is getting on my nerves too. Specially when he gets so close to Simon's face! I can totally understand Simon when he tells him to back up. Also, when Didi finished getting slammed by the judges, Ryan grabs her arm... and you can tell Didi wants to let go of his grasp, but he just doesn't let go... he asks this dumb questions when they are most vulnerable sometimes, I just want to slap him! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Carol wrote:
Also, when Didi finished getting slammed by the judges, Ryan grabs her arm... and you can tell Didi wants to let go of his grasp, but he just doesn't let go... he asks this dumb questions when they are most vulnerable sometimes, I just want to slap him! Laughing

Oh, I know!! What WAS that?! He kept pushing her for an answer....good for her in keeping whatever this thing was a secret! It sounds like someone close to her maybe died, but she's not ready to share it or something, and Ryan was looking for drama. Um, she is a human being---she doesn't have to divulge anything just because it's a national host who's trying to pry it out of her! Yikes Here is what I'm guessing Didi wanted to d to Ryan: BatHit
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Amy wrote:
wanted to d to Ryan

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 85barney

I haven't been gettin' much exercise lately. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 771460
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Amy wrote:
Oh, I know!! What WAS that?! He kept pushing her for an answer....good for her in keeping whatever this thing was a secret! It sounds like someone close to her maybe died, but she's not ready to share it or something, and Ryan was looking for drama. Um, she is a human being---she doesn't have to divulge anything just because it's a national host who's trying to pry it out of her! Yikes Here is what I'm guessing Didi wanted to d to Ryan: BatHit

Didi did say in her audition that a close friend of hers had recently died and she got very emotional when she talked about her.
She cries easily and I'm proud of her for not shedding tears while Ryan grabbed her arm and kept insisting she say why that song meant a lot to her (maybe her annoyance was bigger than her feelings at that point and that's why she didn't cry. Didi never did mention her friend, but in the end, Ryan did say it was because of her friend who had died. mad

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Oh, did he say that? I didn't hear it....I missed it during the auditions too. We noticed how emotional she was through most of the clips during her 'goodbye' segment, so that makes sense. I just don't think Ryan needed to 'go there'.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Wow, I was surprised that it wasn't Andrew who was going to go tonight! But happy they used the save on Mike....he deserved it. It really was just all about the song choice last night.

Crystal was by far the best of anyone last night....that was my favorite performance ever by her. She truly is in a league of her own. I was surprised Simon didn't say Casey was 'gloomy', LOL, and I was surprised all the judges loved Lee so much. Since last week, I am totally a Lee fan now, but I thought that was just horrible last night. I wondered if the judges went back to listen to the tape and see how off pitch he was. My parents and I were all like, "YIKES!", and then all the judges went crazy over him! Yikes Whatever. Whistle I thought Sioban was pretty dull last night---I thought Randy's 'sleepy' description was perfect for that."AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 Dodo16

Oh, I loved David Enchilada (for you Rob Wink ) tonight! Thumbsup Gosh I miss him!!! He actually looked a bit older, but LOL, he is still as goofy as ever! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:54 pm

I enjoyed seeing "Archie," too. He's still as dreadful as ever when giving an interview, though. It's hard to watch. He's just not very fluent. I think he gets too nervous when trying to speak on camera.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Yeah, "articulate Archuletta" he is not. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Glad they used the Save on Mike! Thumbsup

I agree Amy about Siobhan's song being boring... Offtobed

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
wanted to d to Ryan

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 85barney

I haven't been gettin' much exercise lately. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 771460

Gee fife, I'm just now noticing this. I must have conveniently missed it. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm

I thought you were just tryin' to fly under the radar. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 811339

Amy wrote:
Oh, I loved David Enchilada (for you Rob Wink ) tonight! Thumbsup

Thank you. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 773783

I was shocked when Big Mike was voted off! What a relief that they used the save. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 339759
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7865
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:09 pm

I missed the performances on tuesday night, but I certainly watched the results show! I'm also pretty glad that the save was used on Big Mike. he has a lot of talent
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:12 pm

I thought for Elvis night, some of these songs were pretty obscure. scratchead

Wow, I actually LOVED Tim tonight! I thought he did a great job. Lee was great too---his was a great song choice. I liked Big Mike's "In the Ghetto"...I'm hoping he is safe this week. He's way better than some of these other people in my opinion.

I think Andrew is going home tomorrow....maybe Katie too? I don't know, she just doesn't do a thing for me. Also the 17 year old kid's days are numbered I think.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Ditto to what you said, Amy.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:28 pm

Ditto!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next