Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9

Go down 
+4
Amy
Teresa
Rob
Carol
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 Happy010

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:57 am

Ditto to what you said, Amy.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:45 am

I just realized I called her "Kimberly" Epperson....it's Katelyn. Wink Should be interesting to see if the guys are as improved tonight as the girls. Oh, and as much as I like Crystal, she's just not someone I would actually go out and buy from---she's a little too Janis Joplin for me. But they're right about her---she's a natural and has tons of confidence. I like her 'earthy' kind of vibe.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Wow, I kind of feel like the competition just started. OhMy I was impressed with the guys tonight too! There are a couple who I am just not into at all, but some of the guys I thought were just 'so so' in the beginning are really improving. I really like Alex Lambert's voice, I kind of like Toddrick, and I thought Big Mike was pretty awesome. Not sure it was 'cry/sob-worthy', Whistle , but certainly good! Thumbsup Casey is still my favorite though. Smile

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:46 am

Amy wrote:
I just realized I called her "Kimberly" Epperson....it's Katelyn. Wink

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 811339 Just like me calling Crystal Bowersox "Cynthia." "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 68167 That's why I just call her Bowersox now. I think that's a very catchy name. If she ever makes it big, she should just become a one-name star. Cher... Madonna... Fergie... Bowersox... "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 185146

Amy, I also thought that just about all the guys did a great job last night. Big Mike was my favorite. He's got a very nice soulful voice. I didn't burst into tears like Kara, though. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 988160

I really liked what Simon said to Kara after she criticized Aaron for singing I'm Already There. She said that a 16-year-old singing a song about a father calling his children just wasn't believeable. Simon said, "I think what Kara said is a load of rubbish." "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 135245

That's the same thing I always think when the judges start getting overly analytical. Though I don't say "rubbish," because I'm American. I say "crapola." "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 185146 You know... did he sing it well? That's all that matters. It's a singing competiton, not a group therapy session. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 263865
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:03 am

Rob wrote:
It's a singing competiton, not a group therapy session. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 263865

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 Gomer_pyle_surprise I almost *never* come in here. What a great start to the day! "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 771460

Oh, and the reason I came in here in the first place is because several of my friends on facebook have commented about one of the judges crying over a song, and they were wondering what that was all about...So I came here to see if you all would be mentioning it, too. But I didn't expect to get to Gomer The Fife-inator!! "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 702150
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:09 am

LOL!!!!!! Awesome catch, Savannah! Simply awesome!! I think the fudge is getting to ol' Fife.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:10 am

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 2952 Humiliating. But I feel like I got off easy. When I saw you were here, I figured you were going to pan me for saying "crapola." "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 811339
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:57 am

Rob wrote:
I really liked what Simon said to Kara after she criticized Aaron for singing I'm Already There. She said that a 16-year-old singing a song about a father calling his children just wasn't believeable. Simon said, "I think what Kara said is a load of rubbish." "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 135245

That's the same thing I always think when the judges start getting overly analytical. Though I don't say "rubbish," because I'm American. I say "crapola." "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 185146 You know... did he sing it well? That's all that matters. It's a singing competiton, not a group therapy session. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 263865

Wow, nice catch Savannah, I must say! I honestly don't think I would have caught that one! Wink

Rob, I couldn't agree with you more (and Simon). He is so funny, when he so blatantly says things like "What you just said was rubbish". Laughing I mean, can you imagine saying that to someone???? Gosh I'm going to miss him. greenS

Did you notice how Kara commented that what Big Mike was singing was relevant to his life, and how much that meant to her? I smell fake tears, sorry. I think she was trying to prove a point, that it is impossible to become moved by a song like what the 16 year old was singing, since it's not relevant to his life. It's just TOO ironic, and she made a special point about going on and on about how Mike's song had meaning for his life. Hmmm. scratchead

Well, she does have a point, in a way (I actually DID think about that 'Already There' song being kind of weird for a young kid, before she ever even mentioned it), but it didn't really affect the way I 'heard' it from him either. And I agreed with the kid, that it could be sung like a 'narrative'. Randy's right with him though, he does not have a good range---he does awesome in his upper register but in his lower he is pitchy and 'weak' every time.

And I totally agree with your 'group therapy session' comment Rob. I get really sick of the people that say they picked songs based on the meaning and how they want to 'touch' people. Sorry, but nothing I hear on American Idol is going to be life changing for me. Huh? This is your 15 minutes of fame----enjoy it, but don't think you're going to change the world. Whistle

Also, one more thing and then I'll shut up. grinsmiley IMO the '70's guy had nothing, and I mean nothing on Jason Castro's version of "Hallelujah". Although he sang it in tune for the most part, there was nothing 'special' about it, and I thought the phrasing and arrangement was awful...I was totally un-moved. I honestly couldn't believe all the judges including Simon liked it. I wanted to tell them to go back and watch Jason Castro's version!! Yikes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:53 am

Amy wrote:
IMO the '70's guy had nothing, and I mean nothing on Jason Castro's version of "Hallelujah".

Amy, are you thinking of the '70s guy who got voted off a couple weeks ago? The one who always looked like he was channeling Jim Morrison? Or is Tim Urban a '70s guy, too?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Rob, I think Amy was talking about Tim Urban, since he sang that song last night, and he kind of has a little bit of a '70's look to him.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Oh! Okay, gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Teresa wrote:
LOL!!!!!! Awesome catch, Savannah! Simply awesome!! I think the fudge is getting to ol' Fife.

I should have thought of that ages ago! "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 702150

Rob wrote:
"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 2952 Humiliating. But I feel like I got off easy. When I saw you were here, I figured you were going to pan me for saying "crapola." "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 811339

I have to tread lightly when I come in here. I don't post in here very often, so it tends to ruffle certain feathers if I come in just to pan or Gomer. (There is another Gomerable moment in your post, but I figured that it was too early in the morning to give you a double whammy and the pan. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 771460 )

Amy wrote:
Wow, nice catch Savannah, I must say! I honestly don't think I would have caught that one! "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 771460

His typos are so rare that I found it rather unbelievable myself. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 135245

And Kara. . . yes, that's the name of the judge that everyone was talking about. It's interesting that you mentioned the possibility of a motive behind the tears, Amy, because someone else I know said the same thing. Of course. . . another friend wondered if she was drunk, but I guess that's beside the point. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 979236
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:04 pm

No, that would have been Paula. Just kidding...............even though it's probably true.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Ah, it's my "believeable," right? I have so much trouble with those words. Likeable vs. likable, knowledgeable vs. knowledgable. Fifeable vs. fifable. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Rob wrote:
Ah, it's my "believeable," right? I have so much trouble with those words. Likeable vs. likable, knowledgeable vs. knowledgable. Fifeable vs. fifable. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 Kopfschuettel

So do I, actually! It's because it doesn't seem to be a consistent rule. Knowledgable is wrong, but likable is right. And since knowedgeable is right, then it seems as if believeable should be right . . . but it isn't. *sigh*

Okay. . . sorry, guys. . . I now return you to the AI discussion.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:43 pm

Teresa wrote:
Rob, I think Amy was talking about Tim Urban, since he sang that song last night, and he kind of has a little bit of a '70's look to him.

Yep---I didn't even realize the 'real' 70's guy (LOL) had been voted off! Yes, I did think this guy was him! HeeHee But yeah, he does have a 70's vibe about him, I think.

Savannah wrote:
And Kara. . . yes, that's the name of the judge that everyone was talking about. It's interesting that you mentioned the possibility of a motive behind the tears, Amy, because someone else I know said the same thing. Of course. . . another friend wondered if she was drunk, but I guess that's beside the point. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 979236

Interesting----glad I'm not the only one! Wink And I just take issue with the fact that she blubbered on like that, with or without proving a point. I mean, getting teary eyed at a song is one thing....becoming a blubbering mess on national tv is quite another. In fact, I don't think Paula was ever that big of a wreck! Whistle I dont' think Kara was drunk or anything either---I just think she's a bit of an actress. batEyes

Rob wrote:

Those are stumpers for me too Rob & Savannah. yes
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:47 pm

I was surprised to see Lilly and Alex go home. Todrick and Katelyn, not so much. I liked Lilly a lot in the early going, but some of her song choices weren't the best. I thought she really tanked on that last Patsy Cline song.

Alex has a very distinctive voice, and I'm sorry to see him go. I think he might've become even more original as the competition ( "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 811339 ) went on.

The only two I feel strongly about now are Bowersox and Lynche (sounds like a law firm... "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 185146 ).
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:24 am

Rob wrote:
Alex has a very distinctive voice, and I'm sorry to see him go. I think he might've become even more original as the competition ( "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 811339 ) went on.

The only two I feel strongly about now are Bowersox and Lynche (sounds like a law firm... "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 185146 ).

I loved Alex!! I completely agree----his voice is distinctive and that's what the competition needs! Wink I would much rather have seen the 16 yr old go. I actually thought there was something very 'special' about Alex, (my dad and I thought he looked like Paul McCartney Smile ), and I have no doubt his 'performance' skills would have improved over time. When he said he was sorry he wouldn't get a chance to show everyone what he could do, I felt the same way! Poor guy---I felt bad for him when he got teary eyed.

I wasn't a huge fan of Lily, but I was surprised to see her go. Again, she's distinctive, but she's kind of hard to 'watch' sing, I think. She kind of contorts her face and that may have turned people off. And yes, I think she could have picked some better songs. Gosh, she certainly didn't hide her feelings about how she felt about going! Yikes

I liked Toddrick----I enjoyed watching him and listening to him, and I think it's good to have someone who's a little more 'broadway' in there. I thought he was great on the Queen song---not easy.

Not sad to see Katelyn go at all----I kind of liked her early on, but again, not seeing that 'special' factor with her. Overall, I'm 'OK' with our top 12. They're all improving so that's nice to see anyway. I actually thought their group song sounded really good tonight----not sure if they were lip-synching? I don't think they were, but it's a tough call. Usually in the past it's so obvious because they're all terrible at 'faking it', but this group either got their lip-synching down, or their singing!

LOL, the Bowersox and Lynch law firm! HeeHee I love it Rob! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:58 pm

I cannot believe Lily went home! Huh?
She was sure that she had made it along with everyone else...
I'm not a big fan, but when it comes to talent, Lily was way ahead of the 16 year old girl who I'm not a fan of at all... she's boring to me, sorry! (as Simon would say lol)

Unbelieavable....

I love the Bowersox and Lynch law firm laugh3

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:36 am

The girls sing from the Rolling Stones' catalog tonight.

Right offhand, I can't think of a lot of Stones ballads, so the singers without really strong voices might be at a disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Wow, that's a weird choice, huh? scratchead

I wonder if someone will sing "Wild Horses", that Susan Boyle rearranged? Her version is really good and does not 'sound' like the Stones, that's for sure. This could be a test to see who will be able to take a Stones song and really change it up and make it more of a ballad, like that one was.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Amy wrote:
Wow, that's a weird choice, huh? scratchead

I wonder if someone will sing "Wild Horses", that Susan Boyle rearranged? Her version is really good and does not 'sound' like the Stones, that's for sure. This could be a test to see who will be able to take a Stones song and really change it up and make it more of a ballad, like that one was.

I LOVE Wild Horses. I like how The Sundays sing it. Check it out Thumbsup