Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9

Go down 
+4
Amy
Teresa
Rob
Carol
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Love-s10

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:13 pm

I thought everyone was pretty good tonight....my favorite was Sioban. In fact I am going to predict that she's going all the way. She's just a little bit quirky without being over the top, and she really has great control. There is such a richness to her voice and she is interesting. I think she has star quality written all over her.

Still love the red-head (I always think of her as a cross between Pat Benatar and Cyndi Lauper Wink )...she's my second favorite. Bowersox was great but I'd never buy a CD by her---just not my style. But she really is in a league of her own I think.

I liked Lee tonight, for the first time. Casey is my favorite guy but he's ticking me off with his song choices---they are always boring. I like Didi too. I wouldn't mind seeing the 16 year old kid go (is it Ryan?), or Tim Urban, but I'm guessing the young girls will keep them both in. I really don't know who it's going to be....maybe Big Mike, since he went first and didn't really blow anyone away? He was good, but it's never good to be first either. Didi was second, and she could be in danger too.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Amy wrote:
I thought everyone was pretty good tonight....my favorite was Sioban. In fact I am going to predict that she's going all the way. She's just a little bit quirky without being over the top, and she really has great control. There is such a richness to her voice and she is interesting. I think she has star quality written all over her.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 American_idol_s9_siobhan_magnus Yeah Thumbsup She's my favorite of the girls now... I'm on Team Siobhan!

I wouldn't buy a song from the Bowersox and Lynch Lawfirm either laugh3
They are good, but not to spend money on... for me! (like Randy says) lol

Of the guys, I'm on team Casey! Love But I also like the way he sings! lol
"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 400_cjames_americanidol_100217_mbec

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Some cool pics Thumbsup

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 15704_1408575213763_1213941591_3119

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Top12casey

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Top12-gallery-19

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 19855_1389203969792_1222864674_31143877_7788104_n Little Siobhan

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm still on team Lee. I love his rustic, rock type of voice. He's no David Cook, but he's a good singer. I think that Simon really likes him, too.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Casey is adorable....as Ellen says. A little too much. greenS (Actually, in all fairness, I think she's trying harder not to use that word all the time).

As soon as Randy said that Lee reminded him of Rob Thomas, I was like, "That's IT!!" I love Rob Thomas, and I knew Lee reminded me of someone but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. But, do I really need another Rob Thomas? You know? I don't know....David Cook had his very own sound in my opinion. So did David Archuletta for that matter. There seem to be several 'copy-cat' voices in this competition so I'm kind of rooting for someone who's really different. I don't 'hear' anyone that sounds like Sioban I don't think, and that's part of the appeal for me. I do love Casey though. Smile Did I already mention that? HeeHee

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm still retaining the services of Bowersox & Lynche. I liked Bowersox last night, but didn't love her. And Big Mike was so unmemorable to me that I can't even remember what he sang. But I know he's got it in him.

I loved Siobhan's rendition of Paint it Black (one of the first psychotic rock songs; my sister and I had the single "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 185146). I was slow in awakening to her, but I'm a fan now.

Felt a little sorry for Tim Urban. Though I didn't care for that reggae thing he did, I thought he was in fine voice. I kept expecting one of the judges to mention that, but nobody did.

Also liked Katie's Wild Horses. I was thinking that she - or someone else - would sing As Tears Go By. And I was REALLY shocked that they had a Stones night and nobody sang Satisfaction. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 184143
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Rob wrote:
I'm still retaining the services of Bowersox & Lynche.

grinsmiley lol

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:31 pm

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 811339

They only vote off one person tonight, don't they?
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Rob wrote:
"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 811339

They only vote off one person tonight, don't they?

Yes, I believe so...

BTW, is this your son? lol

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 019

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Carol wrote:
BTW, is this your son? lol

Yes. I'll be paying cub support till he's 18. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 771460
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Rob wrote:
Felt a little sorry for Tim Urban. Though I didn't care for that reggae thing he did, I thought he was in fine voice. I kept expecting one of the judges to mention that, but nobody did.

I agree with you Rob....as much as I have no problem with him leaving, he did a nice job last night and he DID change the song up which plenty of people don't do. I was impressed with how he articulated himself when he defended his choice afterward too---very mature. I guess I'm just not feeling like he's anyone 'unique' and he doesn't strike me as a stand-out. I'm kind of indifferent about him. I would much rather see Ryan go, but I see it's Tim that's in the bottom 3 tonight.

Oh, and I was pretty shocked that there was no "Satisfaction" either. OhMy OR my favorite one: "Start me Up". Maybe they're both too hard to sing? Classic Stones though. yes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:54 pm

David Cook tore the roof off the joint with his Jumpin' Jack Flash! He was a gas gas gas! "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Get-smiley
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Rob wrote:
David Cook tore the roof off the joint with his Jumpin' Jack Flash! He was a gas gas gas! "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Get-smiley

I loved it! Thumbsup Honestly, David's concert was the best I have seen....he really knows how to put on a great show. My son loves him now too!

Teresa, I hope you recorded it tonight! I didn't realize David was going to be on, otherwise I would have let you know!

Well, tonight's result has left me sad. No I really liked her. I can't believe it was her over some of the others....now she was unique. Bummer.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Oh my goodness! My husband and I just finished watching Idol. We always fast forward through the results show, but as we started fast forwarding this evening, we were like, "Whoa!!!!!!" My heart skipped a beat and I was overcome with joy. Yes, Amy, my inner cougar came out. My husband had to laugh. I'm sorry, but David Cook is such an AWESOME performer. He draws you in, and can really work the stage and put on a show. I hit info and it said nothing about him performing tonight, so it was a surprise. He looked great and sounded even better. Okay, I'm coming down off my little cloud now. I just love the guy!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:53 pm

LOL Teresa-----I thought of you right away!! HeeHee Goodness Teresa, is it safe to say you were swooning this evening?! batEyes

Yep, David is most definitely my favorite American Idol!! Applause Ironically, I just got the CD back into my car after a little hiatus from it....I was missing it so put it back in there today. Pretty funny that he was on tonight! I was thrilled to hear that his new CD will be out soon! happy1

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:24 am

LOL! Yes, I was grinning from ear to ear and Mike kept looking at me and laughing. He really likes him too. He loved his concert and would go to another one, so he knows great music when he hears it. Just call me the swooning cougar. LOL!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 11:14 am

My son just asked me a couple of weeks ago if David is coming back to Michigan for the annual "Common Ground" concert we have on campus. That's where he was last year, and he said he really loved it there and wanted to come back. Now, he could say this everywhere I realize, LOL, but with David I just get this very 'genuine' vibe from him and I really think he meant it. He's a good boy. greenS

If he does make it here again, I am hoping my friend will give me her tickets again!! She doesn't like him (weird Yikes, LOL), but the Common Ground tickets she gets allow you into everything, each night, so I got to 'use' hers for free! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah, I would have preferred the other girl to go instead of the red head.

David was pretty cool Thumbsup

I also liked Orianthi, that girl can play!

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Orianthi-believe-300x300

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:52 pm

I was just looking through Little House pics on google image search and found this.....you all know how I love Jason Castro. I just had to laugh! HeeHee

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 0320_jason_littlehouse_corbis_getty

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:19 am

Like Simon, I was kind of disappointed last night....people aren't really stepping it up. But in some ways I thought the judging was way too harsh. I thought Mike was better than they led on and I really liked Didi last night. Why is ok that Adam Lambert kind of 'played a character' onstage but it's not ok for other people?? I like that Didi has a unique voice, and I thought she was quite controlled too.

I like Sioban, but I don't want her being the 'expected' screamer like Adam always was. I think it's going to be Crystal and Sioban in the final two. I think Casey will make it far too----he's very good. I just wish he'd learn to change up the songs a little bit. He did better last night but he still didn't change the song.

I think it's going to be Paige tonight....she was pretty awful last night. Yikes
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 am

My husband and I were laughing last night because Randy told Casey that he's the best guitar player that they've ever had on the show. We had JUST gotten through saying that he's not very good at all. It doesn't look like he's really playing it, just strumming around a bit. I like Casey, but his voice isn't all that powerful. When I watch him sing, it's like watching a timid rabbit. It's almost like he's afraid to let loose, which is what he needs to do. I want to hear him really get into a song.

The song choices weren't that good last night. The contestants just sound a little weak, compared to front runners of the past. They really need to step it up. I couldn't imagine any of them selling out a venue and touring. They just don't "have it."

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Teresa wrote:
I couldn't imagine any of them selling out a venue and touring. They just don't "have it."

I KNOW!!! It's really not looking good. Sioban might be the best bet for actual sales. Crystal is really good, but she is a very specific type of music that not everyone loves....not like David Cook doing rock concerts or Carrie Underwood doing country.

And LOL, so true about Casey's guitar playing! He is not as good as David OR Chris Daughtry!!! What was Randy talking about it?! Yikes
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Amy wrote:
But in some ways I thought the judging was way too harsh. I thought Mike was better than they led on

Me too. While Mike was singing, I noticed Kara with her hands up to her face, and I thought she was crying again, like she did during his one other performance. But nope, not even close. She didn't care for his performance either. I thought he was really good.

And I loved Bowersox's Me and Bobby McGee. I've always really liked that song anyway, ever since I first heard Janis do it back in 1970.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Amy wrote:
Teresa wrote:
I couldn't imagine any of them selling out a venue and touring. They just don't "have it."

I KNOW!!! It's really not looking good. Sioban might be the best bet for actual sales. Crystal is really good, but she is a very specific type of music that not everyone loves....not like David Cook doing rock concerts or Carrie Underwood doing country.

And LOL, so true about Casey's guitar playing! He is not as good as David OR Chris Daughtry!!! What was Randy talking about it?! Yikes

I AGREE 100%

Rob wrote:
And I loved Bowersox's Me and Bobby McGee. I've always really liked that song anyway, ever since I first heard Janis do it back in 1970.

Yes, really... Crystal and Sioban were the only 2 that stood out... but still I would not pay $15 dollars to buy a CD from them.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Carol wrote:
Yes, really... Crystal and Sioban were the only 2 that stood out... but still I would not pay $15 dollars to buy a CD from them.

Nope, me either. No

I am glad Paige is gone....I was pleasantly surprised to see Didi was safe and Katie was in the bottom three. I went back and watched those two again----Didi was at least on pitch for the most part....Katie was all over the place. Kinda nice to be reminded that America is who reallly speaks here, not the judges. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next