Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9

Go down 
+4
Amy
Teresa
Rob
Carol
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 Goodsi10

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:29 am

I didn't see the last four guys, but it sounds like I didn't miss a whole lot. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 68167

So far it doesn't look like there are any breakout stars on either side - the kind who makes people stop what they're doing to watch, like Adam Lambert did last season. But it's early, so who knows, maybe someone will find their footing and really surprise everybody.

Do you get the feeling that they're trying to make that Aaron kid this year's answer to David Enchilada? Not that he's close to David in singing ability.

I don't quite understand why Ellen is there. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 988160 She almost feels like an afterthought. When they go to her for a comment, the feeling is: "Well, you're here, so I guess you might as well say something."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:25 am

Four judges is too many. It would be perfect with Simon, Kara and Randy. It's just too much babbling after each performance. How many times did Ellen say "you're adorable" last night?

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Teresa wrote:
Although, I honestly like Lee the best. I love the rock edge to his voice. He was all over the place at times, but I think he'll step it up.

I agree....I won't rule him out just yet. His pitchy issues really could have been about nerves. He at least has a natural ability that I think is lacking in a lot of the other guys.

Rob wrote:
Do you get the feeling that they're trying to make that Aaron kid this year's answer to David Enchilada? Not that he's close to David in singing ability.

Yes, I think that's the plan anyway. They know they need that 'nice teen guy', for the tween girls to fall in love with and vote for. But yeah, you kind of need the killer voice to back that up, and there will never be another David A. again....talk about a natural. David was also 'dreamy' when he sang, and had the 'cute' thing going for him.

Teresa wrote:
Four judges is too many. It would be perfect with Simon, Kara and Randy. It's just too much babbling after each performance. How many times did Ellen say "you're adorable" last night?

I agree, it's way too much babble! Enough already! They could get all of this done in an hour if they didn't have four judges and didn't babble on and on so much! Yikes Remember the days that Ryan used to hurry them all along? I wish he'd still do that! Not only do they each get their turn, but I notice that Ryan has gone back to certain judges to get the conversation rolling again! And I'm with both you and Rob....not really seeing Ellen's 'purpose' here so far."AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 NonNon11
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:18 pm

More often than not, the judges basically agree about the performances, so that means they each have to struggle to think of something original to say - you know, like "You took that song and made it your own." "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 68167 It all adds up to wasted time.

Amy wrote:
They could get all of this done in an hour if they didn't have four judges and didn't babble on and on so much!

Hmm, and that may just be the reason for four judges. A longer show means more advertising revenue for Fox.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:28 pm

I found myself fast forwarding the judges comments. I agree... why 4??? scratchead

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:52 pm

I cannot BELIEVE Tim Urban is still there! thud
Looks like VotefortheWorst is celebrating their victory... lol

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 AI9Top24HaeleyTimBanner2

And I cannot believe Tyler went so soon!!!

Here is the article from the VFTW site:

Well that was one great results show. It was a double VFTW Victory! Tim Urban and Haeley Vaughn, our 2 picks, were both safe. And going home were some of the early favorites on the show: Ashley Rodriguez, Tyler Grady, and Janell Wheeler. Also Joe Munoz went home, but no one knew who he was, so no one cared. Poor kid. Keep on voting for Tim and Haeley and let's get them into the top 12 and then on the tour. Thanks to everyone for voting their hearts out for Tim and Haeley. Next week, we have to vote twice as hard since people will be pissed that they survived.

========

I am still watching... but barely by a thread.... mad

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:10 pm

I thought Tyler's '70s retro thing would carry him a lot farther.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Anybody know what the theme is for this week?
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:47 pm

Ouch! Lee is still my favorite, but we fast-forwarded through most of the performances this evening. I just couldn't listen to the entire song. I gave each contestant about 10 seconds, and then I listened for a few more, or forwarded until feedback from the judges. Not good song choices. Some had absolutely no feeling in them.................just very dull and boring.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 12:06 am

I didn't watch it since LOST was on, but it sure doesn't sound like I missed much! Yikes

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:23 am

The "spark" just isn't there in most of the performances. I don't see any "star" quality. I'm sure I'll feel the same way with the girls tomorrow night. This season has just started off really blah for me.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 am

Did they say that Bowersox was in the hospital, or just that she was sick and under doctor's orders not to perform? I wonder what's wrong with her. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 988160
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:51 am

I must have missed that last night.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 9:53 am

That's the reason the guys performed instead of the girls. Bowersox was missing in action.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:47 am

Hmm. That's strange. scratchead I'll be able to watch tonight....not sure how excited about it though. If these people don't step up their game, I may just skip it this season. Blue

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:09 pm

What's going on? Where is the spark? I'm barely hanging on here lol Someone give me a reason to keep on watching! lol

Now, my favorite guy is Casey, I don't care about the others... well Aaron has a good voice and Big Mike... he sang good last night but I don't really like him lol

The guy who sang the Paula Abdul song really messed up in doing that song in Hollywood week... because after that performance... it's true what the judges have said... he hasn't stood out for me anymore! That might have been his peak! Hopefully I'm wrong...

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Casey is my favorite too Carol. Did he do ok last night? And you're speaking of Andrew Garcia, who is my second favorite! So he bombed last night, huh?! I am SO sorry to hear that....so far I've liked everything he's done! He's one of the few 'naturals' up there. I hope this was just a bad night for him....I was hoping to see him go all the way.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:20 pm

Yikes. Well, there were a couple of good performances. I'm beginning to think the judges opinion of a fantastic voice and mine are two different things. scratchead Ok, I thought Crystal was very good again, and I do like her---she's refreshing. But everyone was going gaga over the gray haired girl (lol, sorry---can't remember her name!), and I can't stand her voice. I kind of like Sioban (who sang at the end), but she was screaming a lot of the time---seems the judges don't mind that. scratchead Katelyn Epperson, on the other hand, was great on the piano and really showed that she could perform. I didn't care that it was a slow song, at least she didn't annoy me like a bunch of other people. Whistle Also, Katelyn really connected to that song, you could feel it, and they didn't give her any props at all for that. She has maturity. I thought Paige Miles was great too, but I can't believe they didn't pick on her for not changing the song up! I know that song inside out---it was identical to Kelly Clarkson's. I think it might have been Kara who actually said she did just enough to make it her own? Huh?? So yeah, totally confused over here, and really not feeling this season."AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 SuperNul02

Haeley (sp?) needs to GO. Now that was just bad. Yikes (she's cute though, and likeable, so I can see people voting for her because of her personality. Or else she could go through via "Vote for the Worst", like Carol was saying. Kara's right though---she needs more time. That is the fault of the judges for putting her through! All I can think, when I see a couple of these downright bad ones up there, is what a shame that they chose them over a couple of others who could have been great.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:18 am

It's hard for me to listen to Haeley because of her slight lisp. I'm not trying to sound mean, but maybe it's because I used to be a speech pathologist, and I'm more aware of it. I wish Ellen would quit saying, "adorable!!!!!!" It's driving me nuts!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 am

No, it's not just you....I notice it too and it is pretty irritating. It really affects the intonation of her words when she's singing. My main issue with her is her lack of control though, and she seems to always be sharp.

And yeah, Ellen needs to come up with some more adjectives! Ugh.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:10 pm

Amy wrote:
Haeley (sp?) needs to GO. Now that was just bad. Yikes

I liked Haeley during the auditions. But now I'm thinking I just liked the novelty of a black girl singing country.

Among the girls, I kind of like Lilly Scott. But Bowersox is the only one whose records I'd buy. And when I say "buy," I mean download illegally off the internet, of course. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 68167

On the guys' side, I like Michael, the big soul singer. I thought he had a good performance of that James Brown song. And I like the kid with the mullet.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:47 am

Was anybody surprised by the results last night?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 am

Rob wrote:
Amy wrote:
Haeley (sp?) needs to GO. Now that was just bad. Yikes

I liked Haeley during the auditions. But now I'm thinking I just liked the novelty of a black girl singing country.

Among the girls, I kind of like Lilly Scott. But Bowersox is the only one whose records I'd buy. And when I say "buy," I mean download illegally off the internet, of course. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 68167

Well Rob, at least you are honest about it. greenS

I could have cried for Haeley last night....she was so bad during her song, and she had to know that. I really hate that they make them sing one final time....it's bad enough that it's the song she got voted off with, and then she has to sing it while being emotional?! That's not fair. Blue And really, I don't think Haeley is a bad singer, and she was 'different', but she's just not ready.

Rob wrote:

Not really, as far as the girls anyway. I didn't see the guys the other night, but neither of those guys were 'memorable' to me. I didn't really see why the judges liked Michelle the other night....I thought her performance was pretty bad. Again, I think they hear the performers so much differently there, 'live'.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Rob wrote:
And when I say "buy," I mean download illegally off the internet, of course. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 68167

Ahh... still making trips to the pirate bay are we? "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 Pirate2_4 lol

Rob wrote:

I truly was. I thought DeeDee was going to go home...

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:52 pm

I was surprised to find that I actually enjoyed tonight's show! OhMy The girls were much better overall than they've been any other night. Right now Sioban is my favorite. I also like the punky girl (redhead)....I keep hearing this Dolly Parton quality to her voice and I really like it. Overall everyone was good tonight, but the black girl was terrible I thought, and I didn't think Kimberly Epperson was very good either---I liked her last week, but this week she was just 'eh'.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next